*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2044840-Why-God-Why
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2044840
Flash fiction: Man questioning why God does the things He does

It was a cold, gray day in February in Minnesota. There was snow on the ground but a path to the grave site had been cleared. Richard stood there feeling numb, not from the cold but because his heart was broken and he didn’t feel anything. He couldn’t cry, not even a single tear. He didn’t know how he could go on. Last year he had buried his wife. Now, he was burying his two-year old daughter. He had made sure she had had the best medical care, but cancer had won. He began to wonder what he had done to deserve this. He considered himself a good man. He made an honest living as an accountant, he was a volunteer firefighter, he taught Sunday school and he gave to every charity. Why had God done this to him, he wondered. Why had God taken his beloved wife after only two years of marriage? And if that wasn’t bad enough, now God took his only child? Richard thought, “God, you owe me an explanation.”

171 words
© Copyright 2015 Tricia Reich (preich at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2044840-Why-God-Why