*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037266-Bright-Lights-and-Birth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #2037266
What are those bright lights near-death survivors report seeing?
The light was so bright i felt like my eyes were burning out of my head. The room was so cold. What happened to me? I was just in my bed. I don't remember now whether I kissed my love good night. I don't believe I did because of the way my chest was hurting, but I hope I did. Where in the hell am I? This must be a dream because no one is listening to me. It's like they do not understand what I'm saying nor do they care. I only hear the sound of a baby crying and I wish the parents would shut it up. My nose itches and i lifted my hand to scratch the itch and found that my hands and arms are covered in blood. My hands...my hands don't look the same, and WHOA! Whose hands are those? Definitely not mine! What am I doing in this hospital room? This must be a charity hospital because I surely don't have a private room. There is another patient in here with me, a woman who looks like she gave birth recently or will do so at any time. There are doctors and nurses in here attending to the strange woman and she keeps looking at me like she wants to hold me or something and the nurse is telling her, "ok, just as soon as we get his temperature up". Wait, what? My temperature? Why do they need to get my temperature up? Why am I here? Why can't anyone hear me? Where's my family? HELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The nurse immediately came to me and handed me off to the strange woman who then put me at her breast.
Maybe it's not such a bad place, after all.
© Copyright 2015 yahslily (yahslily at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037266-Bright-Lights-and-Birth