*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2032282-Stuff
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2032282
Middle school is full of surprises
“Can you please stay out of trouble?” said Brianna’s mom.
“We only have 4 more weeks of school.” replied Brianna.
“Four more weeks until you’re officially a high schooler. Get in the car.”

I got in the car and sat shotgun. I turned up the radio which was then immediately turned back down by my mom. “I do not want to be called by the school when you are in high school. That will be embarrassing for both you and me.” she said. I nodded my head and turned the radio up again. Our Benz was quite new and the sound system was a huge improvement from the 2000 Toyota Camry my mom drove. Because of that, I was able to sit quietly, stare out the window, and have a moment with myself.
I hopped onto my bed and pulled out my iPhone. My mom told me that there was frozen food in the freezer and assigned me to study as she hurried to returned to her office for a meeting with her boss that was coming up shortly. I wasn’t hungry, but there wasn’t much to do either because all my friends were in school. So, I decided to make myself lunch. I walked down to the kitchen. placed the frozen pasta into the microwave and turned on the TV.
It was about 3:10 in the afternoon when my phone rang. A i paused my Netflix, and saw Ellen’s name pop up on the screen. Ever since Kindergarten, we were best friends. On the first day of elementary school, our name tags were placed next to each other and magically, we decided to play on the swings together at recess. Surprisingly, our friendship did nothing but grow for the past 9 years.
“What happened?” asked Ellen.
“Stuff.” I said in a mono tone.
“What?”
“Ok. So. Some 6th grader was having harsh words thrown at him from Bryan and his ‘gang’ so I went to go help him. Bryan started teasing me and pushed me, so I punched him. Then I was in the office. “
“Did you explain to them?”
“ Yes and apparently that is why I got sent home and not suspended or expelled.”
“Oh. I see. I have to go now. I’ll text you later.”
I hung up and returned to my Netflix. I grabbed my homework and finally began doing it. Because I missed half the school day, I had very little work that was needed to be accomplished, lightening my day and putting a smile on my face.
I always get to school early to socialize and avoid traffic. MOm told my to go apologize to Bryan about yesterday. Even though I really did not want to, I knew it was the best way to resolve this issure and might as well do it now than later. Avoiding my friends, I walked to where Bryan’s ‘gang’ hung out and easily spotted this tall and buff boy, or should I call ‘young gentlemen.’
“Sorry about yesterday.” I said to Bryan.
“It’s ok.” I said to Bryan.
I turned to walk away when he stopped me and asked “Can we talk?”
Just as I reply a “yeah” the bell rings and students begin to scurry to class.
“At break.” he says as I nod in reply and walk away to my class.
The Break bell rings and I begin to pack my belongings. I head toward the door, wave good bye to my teacher, and spy Bryan already at the door waiting for me.
“I’m really sorry” he begins
“Yea. It’s cool.” I say in response.
We continue to talk the whole time as I learn more about him. He was tall skinny and muscular. He wore skinny jeans, a tight fitting baseball tee and a snapback hat, like a typical middle school boy. I look at him and notice some scratches and bruises. I let my mind wander back to what he was saying.
A week later I see Bryan walking towards me during lunch.
“ Hey Bri. Are you free after school today?”
I smiled back at him and he walks away.
“Dude, what did you say to him?” asked Ellen.
“Stuff.” I replied and smiled.
© Copyright 2015 billy yo (aw_man at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2032282-Stuff