*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012999-All-Hallows-Eve-Chapter-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2012999
The third chapter to "All Hallow's Eve"
         The next day, Michael picked up Kassandra for school in his camaro. Along the way, they listened to old rock and roll, Jimi Hendrix to be exact. When they got into the school, he walked her to class, like a gentleman. He was down the hall from her class. That was actually quite the thing between couples in the high school, walking the girl to her class. Now, they would do the same. Of course, her friends like Michael a lot for his gentlemanly behaviour. Also, they didn't know of his taste in music. They, along with almost all the girls in their school, besides a select few, don't know who Creedence Clearwater Revival is. Or, the fact the P!nk's last name is not Floyd, but in fact a band.

         Now, quite like usual, school tends to drag on just a bit. Their first period being close together, Algebra II and Geometry classes. Then, the second period being a floor apart, English classes are all in another building, but connected. There are two different 'buildings' to the school. The older building, 'maroon,' and the newer building, 'gold.' Their third period classes being both in Maroon, History classes. Michael taking World War II, and Kassandra taking Advanced Placement United States History. Fourth period being Science classes, now back in the gold building. Michael in chemistry and Kassandra being in Biology.

         Then, comes lunch. They have the same lunch, 'gold' lunch. Where everything is newer. Except the food. After they would get their lunches, they sat down with her friends.

         "Hey girls." Kassandra said to her friends, "This is Michael."

         They got the same response from her friends, being "Hi Michael. Hi Kass." Of course being girlfriend and boyfriend, they sat next to each other. The girls talked about stupid things that didn't matter to Michael, like the newest hairstyle, or the newest boybands that would just come and go in time.

         "Hey Michael, why aren't you talking much?" asked one of Kassandra's friends. He first swallowed his food, and then spoke in his deep Irish brogue, "Because, none of the things you are talking of I can relate to."

         "Well, what do you want to talk about?" Kassandra asked.

         "I don't really care, just anything but how 'amazing' these new boybands are." he replied.

         "Pink Lightning is amazing." her friends retorted.

         This sparked a laugh out of Michael. "They can't play instruments for shit, their voices all sound like dying cats, and yes, I have listened to them. They are not nearly as good as Led Zeppelin, or Aerosmith, or Metallica, or Pink Floyd, or AC/DC, or Iron Maiden, or Black Sabbath, or any of those bands, just to name a few." he said.

         "Hey girls, he is right." said one of Kassandra's friends. Aoife Duffy, an Irish vampire, but not born in Ireland, and cannot speak Gaelic, unlike Michael, who was born in Ireland and can speak Gaelic, fluently. Learned from his grandmother on his mother's side, not his father's, who are the ones who owned the house the duo were trick-or-treating from.

         The rest of the table went quiet as she said that. No one would think she would think good about those bands. Michael could see she, or Kassandra were the 'leaders' of Kassandra's 'pack.' Then, Kassandra spoke.

         "I've listened to those bands with Michael, and I'm not sure why, but they sound even more amazing with him." she said.

         "Thanks Kass." he said, "Yeah, they do sound more amazing together." Aoife was the only vampire in Kassandra's group of friends, everyone else was either a witch or wiccan. There were no werewolves in her group, unless, if you count the girl's boyfriends, then, there were three. Aoife's boyfriend was one. Michael was another.

         Then, the bell rang, and the kids in the lunchroom filed out. Michael was headed to I.T. for the final three periods of the day, and Kassandra would be in two French classes, and American Sign Language for her next three periods. While Michael walked Kassandra to her French class, a vampire purposefully bumped into him and her.

         "Hey, watch where you're going next time." the vampire said.

         "You were the one who bumped into me." Michael said.

         "You want to go, wolfy?" the vampire retorted.

         "Alright, you got me." Michael said, walking closer to the vampire and then finally, when the vampire's neck was in arm's reach, turned into a werewolf and pinned the vampire to the wall. Then, Michael said, "I don't care what you do, just do it away from us."

         "Alright." the vampire said, gasping for breath.

         "Good." Michael said, "Fucker."

         Michael and Kassandra then walked away from the dazed vampire. Escorting her to her French class was all good. Then, he went to I.T. class, where his classmates knew of his new girlfriend.

         "Mikey, who's the bae?" asked Hyqmet, an Albanian vampire.

         "How do you guys know about that?" he asked.

         "Please, everyone knows it." Andrew, an Italian werewolf said.

         "C'mon kid, it's nothing to be ashamed of." Aaron, another vampire said, "I have a human girlfriend."

         "Look, I don't want to talk about it today, I was in a good mood, but no longer." Michael said to them.

         "What happened?" Andrew asked, as Michael sat down next to him. Michael and Andrew were best friends.

         "Some fucking vampire did it." he replied. It is true, every race hates each other, but in the shop, it's different. The school tries to enforce a strict rule against any racism. The I.T. shop is the best class where that is enforced, by a human teacher.

         "Alright." Mr. C. said, "Michael, do you want to take a few jobs for me?"

         "Sure, where do you need me?" Michael replied.

         "The French class has a bad PC, won't turn on." the teacher said.

         Michael simply smiled and walked up to him and took the ticket without saying a word and walked out of the room. However, he did whisper "Thank you." to Mr. C.

         Michael then went down to Kassandra's French class, the only French class in the school, with glee. When he had time, he changed into his shop uniform. Then, he had knocked on the door, where the teacher opened her door.

         "Yes?" she asked.

         "My name is Michael Finn, with I.T., I've come down to take a look at your computer.

         "Ahh, yes, come in." she said, before adding, "Class, this is the student who came down to fix our computer."

         "Thank you for the introducton, madame." he said.

         "You speak French?" she asked.

         "No." he said, "I only know the basics."

         While this was going on, Kassandra was trying to hide herself from Michael. She didn't want to be embarrassed by her classmates. Sadly, that didn't help her. One classmate shouted, "Hi Michael!" and began laughing.

         Michael then looked over and saw Kassandra in her seat. He just smiled and waved at her, where she waved back.

         "Aren't you her boyfriend?" the classmate asked again, while he was currently trying to get the PC working.

         "Yes." he said, looking through wires upon wires, trying to see if any were loose or unplugged.

         He then found the problem, but he wanted to prolong his visit. And since the class had nothing better to do, he thought it would be funner here than back in his shop.

         Suddenly, in an uproar, the whole class began shouting, "KISS! KISS! KISS!"

         She began walking up to him, despite her embarrassment, and he stopped working on the teacher's computer and then brought her down, like in the famous picture of the sailor kissing the nurse after VJ Day in 1945, and planted a kiss on her lips. The whole class then cheered, including the teacher. Then, after the class calmed down, she then went down to her desk and he 'finally' found the problem. Somehow, the power cord got unplugged. He then told the teacher of what happened, and turned it on again. He then thanked the teacher for her time, kissed Kassandra once again, and left, quite professionally. Then, after the final two periods of the day were done, he drove her to her house to start their homework.

         Since Michael was best at History and Science, he helped her with those subjects. Kassandra was better at Mathematics and English, she helped him with those subjects. After they were done, they sat around, until he got up and said, "Let's go out for a ride."

         "Where to?" she asked, confused.

         "It's a secret." he replied.

         "Alright." she said, as they both walked out into the dark. It was drizzling out, and Kassie then ran back inside to get his old sweatshirt to wear. When she came back out, he couldn't help but smile at her. Then, they went to a store called AutoZone for a suicide knob for his steering wheel. He found the perfect one, of course. A .44 Magnum barrel for himself. After he bought it, he went back outside to put it on his steering wheel.

         "Really?" she asked, sarcastically.

         "It's all about details." he said, "Come on, you gotta admit though, it is pretty cool."

         It was her turn to not be able to help herself but to giggle at him. When they got back into the car, he kissed her. Then, he started the car and hooked his iPhone up to the car. He put Iron Maiden's "Fear of the Dark." It fit the mood quite well, it was a dark, drizzly night that night. He then drove her back to her house, where he was now welcome to stay, any night of the week, just as she was at his. This night he stayed the night at hers, tomorrow she would stay at his.

         When the duo arrived back at her house, they saw her parents outside. Michael said his "Hi Mr. and Mrs. Stanley." and they said their "Hi Michael." Then they would sometimes get into a conversation, sometimes not. This was one of those nights that the three did, infact have a conversation. About what didn't normally matter, but this night, it was about Kassandra and how Michael thinks of her. "She's beautiful, smart, kind, loves my sweatshirts, loves me. I mean, what else can a guy ask for?"

         "Good kid." her parents said.

         "May I be excused please?" he asked, always, when they would have these conversations.

         "Yes you may." they said.

         When he got inside, Kassie was hiding behind the door, and scared him. They always had little laughs like that. Really, since kindergarten.

         He then went up to her room again and sat down on her bed with her. She looked up at him, and he looked back down at her. When their eyes locked, she turned her head and blushed, while he looked down and chuckled a bit. Then he snaked his hand through her hair and started twisting it mindlessly. After about 3 minutes, she asked, "You had enough yet?"

         "What?" he asked, as he was more or less jolted awake again.

         She repeated herself to him, and he just kissed her.

         "What was that for?" she asked.

         "Just thought you needed it." he replied.

         "Thanks." she said.

         They then laid back in her bed and went to sleep. Limbs intertwined, blissful sleep.
© Copyright 2014 McScrubbles (mickeyfinn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012999-All-Hallows-Eve-Chapter-3