*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012755-Memoir
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2012755
A memoir for English class
Ah, the time that that dog bit me, I remember it well, It was a nice warm summer day. My cousin and I were playing video games in my room.
“Hey, you cheated!” My cousin shouted.

“No I didn’t, it’s in the game!” I yelled back at him.

“No it isn’t,” He responded, “You’re just saying that!”

“Ryan! Blake!,” My sister shouted, “Stop complaining about video games and get down here and help out Sky! He got stuck in his leash!”

“Alright.” we both said.

“I wasn’t complaining, jerk.” He muttered under his breath.

“I heard that,” She said “and yes you were complaining! does this not sound like complaining to you? ‘Hey you’re cheating!’” She said in an fake obnoxious voice.

“Whatever” He replied.

We went downstairs into the kitchen to head out to the back porch. After we did that we saw my dog, who had got his leg stuck in his own leash from walking in circles constantly. I swear he did this exact thing on purpose. He was sitting there looking sad and like he was trapped. I’m telling you, he had these sad puppy dog eyes and everything. He looked like he was screaming “pls halp!” at me.

“Alright Sky we’ll get you unstuck.” I said. after we got him out from his leash, we sent him inside, but we heard a loud bark from my neighbor’s yard. It was my neighbor’s pitbull, who broke from her chain and jumped the fence. She seemed like she was planning to do some crazy thing when all we heard was a loud *snap!* sound and all of a sudden, the dog jumped over the fence into the backyard.

“Ahh! the dog got out from its chain!” My cousin screamed, “I’ll go get help!” He deserted me, just like that. What ever happened to “No man left behind”?! I know he left to get help, but still! He just left me with a dog that wanted to attack me for whatever reason!

“Wait!” I screamed, “*sigh* He’s gone.” I sighed in a hopeless manner. “Ouch!! the dog bit me” I screamed in excruciating pain as the Psychotic-I’ll-kill-you-for-no-reason dog bit me and locked its jaw onto my leg. The pain was Brutal but not as bad as when I sprained my ankle.

“Don’t worry Ryan!” My sister’s friend Jasmine said as she ran in, gardening hoe in hand. She hit the dog hard with it, and it opened its mouth and ran off, back over the fence from whence it came.

“Thanks, but I think I need to go to the hospital or something,” I said as I rubbed the leg that was bit, “I don’t think it’s good to leave it like this.”
It was bleeding a little bit.
Jasmine said “That dog tried to bite me before too, you’ll get over it.”

“Don’t worry, we called Mika and she should be up here with medicine for your leg. She also said that she would bring some food for us, seeing as there’s nothing to eat here.” My sister said reassuringly.

A little while later, we heard a knock on the door. My sister opened it and my older cousin Mika rushed in, asking “Where is he?! What happened?!”

I simply responded “Calm down, I’m feeling better, but I still think I need to put something on the bite.”

“Okay Ryan,” Mika said as she gave me some ointment for the bite, “Here, this should help with the dog bite,” She said, “you’re lucky it didn’t try to rip your leg off.” She joked as if it was something to be laughed at.

“I don’t think so, it was painful. y’know that feeling where something clamps onto you and won’t let go? That’s how the dog biting me felt.” I said in all seriousness, as it was an extremely serious thing, I mean, I could’ve gotten rabies for crying out loud!

“Stop being so melodramatic,” she said, “Alright you guys, your food is in those bags, I’ve gotta go. Love you!” then she went outside and drove off in her car.

“Bye!” We all said in unison.

After that, I put the ointment on carefully, as it was painful. I mean I did just get bit by a deranged pitbull. After I put on the ointment, I had to put a bandage on over it and sarcastically said, “Well that was the most boring day ever.”

“Ha, you’re so funny” My sister said dryly and sarcastically.

This story is one of the reason why I personally like cats more than I like dogs. Cats don’t have that I-have-to-go-poop-in-the-yard-because-for-some-reason-I-can’t-have-a-litter-box thing going on, they also only need food, a litter box, and water for their minimum requirements, You don’t even have to take a cat for walks!
© Copyright 2014 zeroyaldoom (zeroyaldoom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012755-Memoir