*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2003161-When-There-Were-No-Cell-Phones
by Lacy
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2003161
Remember when
When we did not have cell phones, I remember having to search for a pay phone, which was a little bit easier those days.  Once you found the phone, especially after a basketball game, you had to stand in line and then hope that the machine did not eat your quarter or that the person you were calling would answer, especially if it was your only quarter. 

That brings me to the other thing about not having cell phones. Instead of leaving a text, you had to actually talk to someone or a machine to get a message to someone.  You also had to know the person’s number to get a hold of them.  On top of that you had to make sure that who you called was not long distance or expect a short call or an expensive phone bill.

Another thing with not having cell phones, when going somewhere that you haven’t been before, you had to have an actual map, no turn by turn GPS.
© Copyright 2014 Lacy (kempfme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2003161-When-There-Were-No-Cell-Phones