*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000170-Liz-the-mighty-MEGA-WOMAN--Chapter-20
by BarryN
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2000170
Liz gets news




Chapter 20: Liz gets news          



Tom was doing what he had been told. He was cleaning Liz's house. He didn't mind, as he had accepted his role as her servant but the fact that he was SO WEAK, made everything harder.

         In the early afternoon he decided to take a break. Tom plopped his weak body on the couch and turned on the TV. What he saw made him sit up and grab the phone.

         Despite now being the most powerful being on Earth, Liz had finally settled down into her work. She was analyzing a spreadsheet when her phone rang. She picked up.

         "This is Liz."

         "Master, I, I think you need to turn on the TV or go to the web," Tom said.

         "Why?" Liz asked as she quickly got up and closed the door to her office. She returned to the phone. "What's up Foot Servant?" she asked.

         "On WCRT, there is breaking news. A train. Not a passenger train but a regular train, its, its brakes have failed. It's headed towards town, and they think it might derail and cause massive damage," Tom said.

         Liz did not have a TV in her office so she quickly accessed the web. There it was, breaking news, a run-away train. Liz smiled. "This is what we have been waiting for," she said and then quickly corrected herself, "I mean, not the disaster, but, but something I could respond to."

         "Yes ma'am," Tom said. "You think you can get away from work without being noticed?" he asked.

         "Yep," Liz said. "Thanks for calling. Hey, start recording the TV. I think a certain someone will be making her debut," Liz said as she hung up the phone. She grabbed her gym bag and headed quietly to the stairwell. Once inside she quickly began to disrobe. She quickly grabbed her Mega Woman outfit and put it on. She also put on her blue boots. She closed her eyes. "I AM THE DIVINE!" she said.

         Her normal body began to swell with power, unlimited and massive power. Liz smiled as the familiar feeling of massive strength, muscles, intelligence and health filled her growing body. Soon she was Mega Woman. She grabbed her bag and flew up to the top floor. With the ease that a normal human would rip a wet noodle, she tore the locked door and stepped out into the roof.

         "It is good to be back," she thought as she took to the air.

         The first thing she realized was that she had no idea how to get to the train. While she could navigate around the city, being up in the air had thrown her sense of direction way off. While hovering a few thousand feet above the city Mega Woman frowned. She closed her eyes and reached out to Tom.

         Tom had been sitting watching TV when he felt a sharp pain in his head. He quickly grabbed his head and rolled over on the couch. He was seeing stars when he heard a familiar voice.

         "Foot Servant, how do I get to the train?" It was Liz, er, Mega Woman. He sat up and looked at the TV. There was a live feed. He spoke out loud, although he had no idea why, "I can't tell, but there are lots of helicopters in the area. Do you see those?"

         Mega Woman turned on her mega vision. "Ah, yes, I do. Good thinking. Thanks Foot Servant. Keep watching, you will see me soon," she thought as she rose a few hundred more feet into the air and then turned on her speed. Mega Woman was on her way.



© Copyright 2014 BarryN (barryn1978 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000170-Liz-the-mighty-MEGA-WOMAN--Chapter-20