*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992585-REDO-of-chapter-1-Sinking
by J.E.M
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1992585
Description below⬇️
Hello this is my redo of chapter one of Sinking!(it's more like a prologue,it kinda just gives you details before the story starts)
Description:
Jade's dad was a marine who disappeared five years ago.No one knows why it happened.Her dad was a very well thought of marine.After numerous searches,everyone quit looking for him.But Jade hasn't.Jade will do anything to get him back.Her family has torn apart without him.Her mom is an alcoholic with a bad temper and Jade has become an emotional mess,needing therapy.When the opportunity to find her dad shows on her doorstep,Jade takes the risk and never looks back.


Prologue
This is my life.I live in a crappy apartment in a bad part of town.My dad,a marine,had mysteriously disappeared 5 years ago. I miss him with an ache in my chest.Sometimes I even dream about him.No,not sometimes, a lot.I dream of him falling,falling from my grasp,slipping away as I scream for someone to help.These are the nightmares that leave you waking up drenched in sweat,breathing quick,short breaths.but the nightmare doesn't end there.I live with it.My mom.My mom is a tall,skinny,sour looking woman.She didn't look like that all the time.She used to look happy.That was before Dad disappeared.My mom is now currently a raging alcoholic with a nasty hit.She has been skipping work and her boss is on the verge of firing her.We are receiving food stamps.I must use my own money I earn from work to get food for myself.Mom could have paid for at least some food but she spends it on alcohol and late nights at bars.And me?I'm a mess.I used to be a grade A student who had so many friends and was calm.My teachers loved me.I was the class's idol,I was an example.Now I am an example of disgrace.I am getting Ds in classes and have no friends,they all left me.I am high strung and ill-tempered.People treat me like I need to go to an institution.I know occasionally hang out with the delinquents,the kids who get Fs in their classes and don't even bother to show up during class most of the time.They work hard,they just attend school because it's a requirement.They like me for who I am.And honestly,I just go to school because my mom would beat my ass if I didn't.I'm thinking about dropping out of school sometime to support her though.My frustrating mother.No matter what I can't leave her.She's all I have.Because dad is gone,and I'm not sure if he will come back.

© Copyright 2014 J.E.M (jane78 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1992585-REDO-of-chapter-1-Sinking