*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991154-Mothers-Day
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1991154
Mother's Day...What does it mean...Is it just another day?
      Mother's Day came and went. Another year...another day. May 11, 2014. That was the day it happened to fall on this year. Mother's Day is a day of hope, and a day that is "supposed to" mean so much more...to mothers anyway. Mothers all over the world have given birth to children for generations, and since the beginning of time. Should they not be honored one day out of the year for giving the one gift that no man could ever give...the gift of a child...the gift of life. And why not? Fathers get honored one day out of the year for being a father, a provider, a caretaker. Most mothers are all of these things, and the bearer of life.



      So...what should Mother's Day mean? Should it not be a day of honor, respect, gratitude, and appreciation for the women who gave her male partner children? Should it not be a day of honor, respect, gratitude, appreciation, as well as, unconditional love for the mothers who gave birth, loved, and sacrificed for the children they would give their lives to protect?



      That's what I believe Mother's Day means. There are so many people who believe "every day is Mother's Day." However, every day a mother has to clean the house, do the laundry, cook the meals, do the dishes, take care of the kids, be a good wife, and often work a full time job. Should Mother's Day not be a "Special" Day designated for every mother to be pampered, and treated like a queen? Most importantly, should Mother's Day not be a day for husbands and children to do for them, rather than them doing for everyone else? Yes, I think so. Mother's Day comes once a year, and is a day that should be "special" for that woman called "Mom."



Written on May 12, 2014 by Goldendolphin
© Copyright 2014 goldendolphin (robmor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1991154-Mothers-Day