*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1985369-Chapter-1-A-Problem-Emerges
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1985369
2/11 - Epic Novel in a Fantasy Setting
Chapter 1: A Problem Emerges
About three weeks after his violent takeover, while he was sitting down in his office, studying the local newspapers of his ill-gotten city, trying to find where he could send his political aid to the confused masses from this sudden change in government that he had orchestrated by having the last leader killed by his own men. He started getting strange requests by the people of New Thalia that started bursting through his door, warning him vaguely of a plague that has been prophesized to strike this town from the Kristy Soticon or Land of Death. The repeated requests from his citizens began to warrant further investigation because it was incredibly annoying. When Douglas returned from his mission to the Ravaged Ravine to reinstate a governmental center for Raksha’s rule, Sir Cantos informed him of these repeated rumors that he has heard from the populace. Douglas advised to just ignore them and to get on with more prevalent missions. However, Sir Cantos saw things in another light and that it should be investigated, so he sent a band of five of his best knights to the Kristy Soticon (Land of Death) to see if there is any threat to the city. Two days passed and when they had not returned, Sir Cantos figured that they had gone deserter and left him with no intel, Sir Cantos went to check in at the Knights’ Academy where he had recruited the group of five. They informed Cantos that they had not seen hide or tail of any of the group’s knights. He waited another two days and they had again not returned, he pronounced the group’s members dead to the city along with some posthumous medals to relieve the grief. He then sent Douglas, no matter what he had to say on the matter, knowing he wouldn’t actually do a decent job because he was forcing him to go. However, even his most trusted ally had not returned on the fifth day of departure. That’s when he boldly decided to send himself into the Kristy Soticon to discover what happened to his executive decision.

When he arrived at the Kristy Soticon, he discovered why it was named that way, even at the border, a drastic natural change occurred where there was the usual grass and occasional tree where he came from. Meanwhile in Kristy Soticon’s borders, there was complete death, nothing grew and the barren, ruddy landscape stretched far into the horizon. He started walking, wary of anything that could pop out from the Land of Death. About a half hour into his wary journey into the Kristy Soticon, he found a sickening clue, a man frozen forever in a shard of frozen purple goo, he examined it for a minute and decided to bust it open, however, when he smashed open the goo prison, the prisoner had already been killed from the inside, he was poisoned from whatever had caused this marking. He continued toward the center of the Kristy Soticon and the frequency of these goo prisoners had slightly increased, he continued on the path of slight increasing prisoners until he found who he had been searching for: Douglas found imprisoned in one of the goo prisons. Sir Cantos took extremely careful measures to ensure that he did not kill his most trusted of allies, he lightly hammered away at the prison until it had been safely removed from his body and removed him gently. He was still breathing and having a light pulse, Cantos decided to shock him with some blood lightning, hoping it would restart his pulse, which it did and also angered the victim. After a lengthy argument, they freed the group of knights that were sent and although they had not been killed by the poison, they began to become hysterical and rambling insanely about something that no one was able to understand because they were talking in gibberish. They continued a short ways to find a small temple structure built out of regular granite and shaped in a triangular prism that had the top point cut off. The angular doorway was not locked and had a small amount of strange carvings adorning the doorway. They walked inside the temple.

When they got inside the foyer of this mysterious temple hidden in the Kristy Soticon, the large chamber had mostly been undecorated with granite bricks and columns, basic in structure, where what could be seen were a few stone pews that were still standing while the others had broken and some shreds of wall paintings were still visible, but virtually meaningless. At the back of the room, behind the simple altar, there was a door centered into the back wall, when they opened it, a harsh wind that stung as it hit them square in the face and they both ended up on their rears and disbelieved when they started having a mental reaction to the next event: a voice that they had both heard, but was not stated aloud but delivered telepathically: This temple is forbidden! Leave now and never return!
The unnatural wind continued and sent the duo outside of the temple walls for a decent distance of 600 feet, they heeded the temple’s warning and went back to New Thalia where they gathered their wits and sent back to the temple again no matter what it said, they will see what that mysterious voice was protecting inside the cold, granite walls of the underground chamber that they assumed existed.

When they returned to the temple’s ground at the exact point that the mysterious and agonizing voice threw them out of the temple grounds, they ventured inside the dark hallway where they could see nothing but the occasional torch light still flickering through the miasma of darkness that they found themselves walking in, this hallway was unnaturally long and dizzying from the trek, Cantos and Douglas began to let their anxieties get the best of them and Cantos even started to hallucinate and flip out over the fact that they had been inside this darkness for an immeasurable amount of time due to the fact that neither of them had sundials, and even if they did, what use would they be inside this gross, cold, unnatural hovel? When Douglas was about to lose his sanity, he finally smashed straight into a steel door. They both suddenly regained their grasp on sanity and sudden excitement when they opened the door slowly.

The room that was opened unto them was a mix of befuddlement and architectural genius. The room had angular girders stretching from the floor to the wall and ceiling corners, other rooms had been built into the sides of this room that housed nothing, literally. Their even was a second floor built only into this room that had a square platform on the perimeter of the ceiling. This entire room was manufactured using the same type of granite from the temple entrance. The two continued through the next steel door that they found that actually had another room inside, showing the exact same room that the two had just came in from. The next room they entered was exactly the same as the previous rooms except that these had multiple granite girders making tunnels on both sides of the room that housed another two rooms inside the walls.

The next room was peculiarly interesting as they found a couple of those goo prisons inside this room that was built the exact same as the previous room, an obvious repetition is starting to become apparent to the two, but the goo prisoners had been the focus of the team because they were strange, alien beings, but their positions were incredibly important to the two. When they were imprisoned, it looks like they were running away from something in the direction coming from the door to the next room.

The next room had some enemies in it, some of the low-level death eaters had entered this building from the surrounding areas and they were easily killed, however this room had even more of those strangely positioned imprisoned that were running away from whatever was in the next room and only managed to make it this far. In the next couple of rooms that were the same in architecture, they still had more encounters with this type of position of imprisoned and that’s when they made it to a strange room, in comparison with the rest. This room was the same in design as the other rooms, girders, a walkway to make it a two floored room, but this room’s composition was made out of a strange, hard green moss that gave off an eerie glow out of the entire room and this room had those imprisoned stuck to the ceiling, like the moss had some strange effect on this room’s gravity or something and also in this room was a fried computer console that had been put here not long ago, about a week ago so someone was already in here trying to study their findings in this temple.
In the next room, where the composition of moss was starting to get a bit unnerving, they found a living person of the race that was the rest of the imprisoned. It managed to speak Common so they could understand its hysterical behavior. He kept yelling about something coming for him and kept firing off his projectile weapon at you, slightly hurting you as you got closer to the victim and pronounced that there was no way to cure him of his hysteria at this location. Something that imprisoned this man’s entire crew had missed this one and now whatever horrific thing that he had been a witness to had clouded his mind and now was beyond the scope of recovery, he will stay here forever blathering about something is after him and shooting anyone who comes near his position.
You decided to continue on and found that the green mossy rooms had ended and started again with the granite compositions of building materials; in the next room that was entered you find a communications dock that had been attacked, but not disabled. Douglas went over to the console to try and see what it saw, he saw the imprisoned creatures walking about in the room, not really knowing of what to do next and in the next few seconds, they looked terrified and the feed was cut. Screams were heard through the static along with a squishing sound and a bunch of clicks and hisses before the tape conked out. They decide that they must find out what did all this.
The next room actually had a clearly marked elevator destined for the prayer room, you decide to walk in and press the button that indicated the elevator to traverse even more underground to this so called prayer room. When you leave the elevator you see a room that is easily two hundred feet tall with halves of statues around a circular platform where you concluded that this was a mass prayer room and decided to trek onward past this room where they found another door into the housings of religious materials. That must be where this strange occurrence came in to the temple from and now it was time to confront it once and for all. You walk into a series of long hallways that keep the pressure mounting on the two of yours’ psyches and the anxiety is intensifying as you walk into, hopefully the last room where there was a security console found in the upper level, not even touched, but it also recorded nothing of what had transpired. That’s when Cantos picked up a disc that had been dropped a short distance away from the console. They played it
The tape held a last message from a man in white silk robes with red highlights and in an ornamental hat. “To anyone, whom it may concern, I am the preacher of this particular Sotix Temple and this will be my last diary entry on this log. On this day when we were doing our usual inventory of temple supplies, the crew of three that had helped me on this terrible chore had unearthed a secret doorway that was hidden into the wall of this temple, probably since its original construction. Inside this secret room we found what we cannot understand and we fear it so. We’ve decided to…Hey, we got to go, what are you doing?! The diary was shut off at that point. Afterwards, the console recognized some previous algorithm and dispensed a key from inside of itself.
Cantos took the key and told Douglas to come with him as he had found another door at the bottom of a nearby staircase. The two tried to open the door the same way as they did all the previous doors in this building, but it would not budge. They tried the key and still no luck, it appears that whoever had closed this door last wanted it to stay closed as they had fused the door to its frame with primitive welding equipment, any dose of arcane magic would sunder these metallic threads that are preventing them from reaching their directive. Cantos used concentrated red lightning to open the threads and Douglas slowly opened the last door.
They both entered cautiously as a musty stink hit their mouths and made them both gag, they concluded that this room had not been opened for the last couple of years or so, Douglas starts looking at all the open doors in this room and find that they are all small white rooms with drain pipes in the floors, Cantos went the other direction to something he thought he saw in the corner of the entire room, which turned out to be another cartridge. He put the tape inside his mobile player and a holographic message appeared to him. This message aroused the suspicions of Douglas who came to him to see what he had found. The message showed a group of three of those creatures, one of them recording this tape with a device and the other two wore similar robes to the one upstairs that recorded the first preacher tape, Douglas concluded that this must’ve been happening simultaneously to the strange discovery.
The two were attempting to crowbar open a sarcophagus that must’ve been the strange discovery and the recorded beings expressed their anxieties about opening this unknown box that has been sitting for three thousand years. The others are telling him to calm down and reported that he was almost done with the opening process. The sarcophagus opened with a flinging of its lid to the corner. The three were flabbergasted and then they started hearing a strange squishing sound, then the cameraman turned around and starts running toward the door, the device was dropped and the tape ceased.
The two started toward the center of the room where the preacher’s team was in the tape and found that the sarcophagus had been put into the floor, they looked inside and found a purple residue, after touching some of it with his finger, the purple stuff on Cantos’ finger started to…throb. The two turned around as they started to hear the squishing noises that the others had also heard before something terrible happened to them all, a giant purple blob had started to come out of all the rooms’ drain pipes along with a main hand of sludge coming from the sarcophagus and both started after the duo, having a mind of its own. They launched all the magic attacks that they could muster from their orbs and spells, but it seemed to be an endless invasion, they ran for the door and closed and locked it behind the sludge. They ran and ran until they made it outside of the temple and looked back, hoping that the sludge would be contained. They then heard a rumbling as the top of the temple was thrown from the structure and the sludge started flooding from the ceiling. The two ran again back to the city of New Thalia to warn the populace of this plague.
Their hysterical return was brought quickly to attention as the citizens started to evacuate from their sparkling city to safe havens that they still saw as safe. However, the sludge had spread far beyond the New Thalian borders and is now starting to infect whatever cities they can lay their sludge on. Cantos and Douglas started getting reports about these cities being corrupted by this mysterious force and figure that the sludge’s main goal is to take the entire planet, then Cantos starts to remember something by putting two and two together. He remembers seeing strange carvings in the area around the sarcophagus before he fled the room and remembered the same symbols carved on something else from his past.
When Douglas threw in Cantos’ hat and cloak that he had with him on his ranch, into the Colored Furnace, the flames grew and turned black into the form of Sir Cantos himself. It announced itself as Shadow Cantos and ran across the prairie burning every blade of grass in his path, but when Douglas confronted Shadow Cantos with his one weakness. It was ineffective and Shadow Cantos burned Douglas greatly before leaving his presence. Sir cantos remembered the symbols on the Colored Furnace; and if that is what created the Sludge, then the place they had…
Douglas, we have to run to the home of the green Dragonflight. Douglas starts questioning his abilities and Cantos asks him to trust him and they ran to the Ekapsin Forest, the home of the green dragons, masters of nature. The Sludge was about to catch up with them in an hour, so they had little time to formulate a plan to stop the Sludge from encasing their last hope. They arrived and with luck the leader of the green dragons was there to confront them about their being here and after explaining what Cantos had remembered, the green dragons had already started combating the Sludge, seemingly driving it away from their borders.
One green dragon had been possessed by the Sludge, Douglas had an idea about how to defeat the sludge permanently but it all rested on the religious beliefs of the green dragons. However they had little to say about what Douglas’s plan was after he removed the dead dragon from his crystal prison and started skinning it, molding it into armor and adding some natural defenses to it while the dragons fought to keep the sludge from their land. Douglas had little time to explain, but he said that this suit of armor will be able to defeat the sludge, theoretically. Sir Cantos ordered him to give him the suit of armor, baffled Douglas did as told and watched as Sir Cantos flew over the sludge and started to blast it with blasts similar to dragon attacks. He became the sludge’s scourge and started to eradicate it from his planet as the Dragon Chief.
About a week later, Douglas was back in the capital of New Thalia doing paperwork since the Dragon Chief was off on his quest to eradicate the sludge. The strange thing about right then was someone unexpected kicked the door open and walking up to Douglas, sitting right down like he owned the place. Douglas asked sarcastically if he needed any help. He disagreed but said that he could help Douglas. Douglas asked why Vawdane was at his office. Vawdane started to explain with a question of Sir Cantos’ health. Douglas thought the Cantos was acting strange and wondered why that was relevant to this visit. Vawdane dramatically revealed that Cantos isn’t who he appears to be, and that Vawdane was Sir Cantos. Flabbergasted, Douglas started peppering him with questions as to how this could’ve happened, which Cantos was happily able to explain.
He brought his explanation all the way back to when Cantostrasza was defeated by the Cotsweldian Adventure Group. When the CAG killed Cantostrasza in a fiery burst of destruction, his body had been sundered, but not one to give up, Cantos’ spirit drifted amongst the bodies of the CAG members and his spirit had entered my body after the fight and I loved this new, healthy, alive warlock body and decided, after I had the CAG fully safe at Cotsweld, helping to rebuild that I would drop the bomb. I needed to return to Dalaran to continue my studies into how this new body would be able to do black magic. I left, but shortly after, I was ambushed by two kobolds and a human rogue. They hypnotized me and wanted to bring Sir Cantos back to life, I told them they needed the correct regents in order to perform this ritual, however since Cantos’ possessions had been used the first time to resurrect him, they would need something else off his person to resurrect the body.
After a failed attempt to do this anyway, Shadow Cantos was brought back into this world and those two fought with the CAG to collect artifacts called the Cantos Crystals, a collection of ten crystals that Cantos had collected himself throughout his journeys. The fighting went on for about half the year and I was carried along to find the first crystal, unconscious and in a sack. When they found the first crystal in Death Mountain in the altar of Zamorak, they decided to keep me for safe-keeping where they found the Storybook and the crystal. I was kept in there unconscious for five months until they needed me to complete the ritual, oddly having all ten crystals in possession. The CAG must be full of morons, anyway, after they returned to the Mount of Cruel Ironies to complete the ritual, which they did before the CAG could show up to stop them, they resurrected Cantos’ body, but forgot one important thing, they had to use the wrong spirit for the completion, they resurrected Sir Santos’s spirit and put it in Cantos’ body.
Your Sir Cantos has been the Sir Santos in disguise the entire time! This explains why he wanted to go and save the world immediately after you showed him the Dragon armor. Anyway, after the ritual was completed, I was forgotten by most and actually went on a few small journeys of self-discovery, which is where I discovered something even more important within a small town called Duskton. This town had been decimated previously by the Death Wind, killing all of the citizens and leaving their skeletons where they stood. One of those skeletons was Dr. Anti-Foofy, the clever impostor who stood as Sir Foofy when we found him, in Rogueport as that rogue who needed to survive and then turned to being a scientist and having several labs across the land, I found his Duskton lab and inside was something that I was not ready to believe. Dr. Foofy had brought Douglas’s Colored Furnace with him to his lab. Douglas asked how this was possible when they found the Colored Furnace in a Kristy Soticon dungeon containing the Sludge. Cantos said he was getting to that part if he had let him finish explaining.
Now, Dr. Foofy was interested in the apocalypse theory about a rumored plague that was going to ravage the world soon. He did some research by talking to the locals if this had ever occurred before, and it had, but no one was ready to disclose the information he required, but after weeks of interviewing strangers in Trent, the region where Duskton is, he decided to trek into the Kristy Soticon to find information. That’s where he found the Sotix Temple out in the middle of the Kristy Soticon, foreboding as there was no reason why it was there to begin with. He only ventured into the first couple of rooms out of respect, but it seemed that this church was always the first afflicted with this plague whenever it occurred. There had to be a correlation, he found that the church’s important founding records had been hidden in a banking town called Farate on the eastern side of the country. He went there to query about the bank of the Sotix Temple in the Kristy Soticon, he was led to the back where he was given an old book and told that was the only thing they bequeathed to this bank.
He flipped through the book to discover that there was a strange prophecy associated with the temple, it depicted that one day a large celestial object struck the earth in the area known as the Kristy Soticon. This object came with a strange plague that afflicted the earth for years until the plague had died from lack of people who weren’t in the public areas, but hiding underground. However, whoever found that object after the plague had died and it vanished from the public eye, awoke the plague once again and it repeated another time. This plague has hit the landscape seven times already. The origin of the celestial object was never known and its current location has been lost to time; what the plague exactly was has also not been recorded in this book. Dr. Foofy then remembered an avian society that has been living in area called Skyhome for uncountable generations, he decided to pay a visit and see if they had any recollection or prophecies that related to the same thing.
When Dr. Foofy took an accompanied pterodactyl flight up to the central terminal of Skyhome, he immediately went to the first building he could identify in this city of small huts made out of local grasses and mud bricks to the moderate sized home in comparison made mostly out of sun-dried mud bricks and some flat stones for a roof, the building he found was large and made out of some kind of native rocks that gave the entire building a reddish color, but it still looked beautiful. He found the curator talking with some other moderately prominent avian talking about how they can appropriate a modest fund for an obtainment of an important avian jar found by a ground-person. After his meeting was over and he ran into him, he asked what he could do for him and he started to explain what he had seen in the Kristy Soticon.
The curator said that he does have something from his archives that has a similar symbol involved, he took Dr. Foofy to a giant painted rock slab that fit over the entire wall; the curator explained that some of the ancient avian discovered this rock slab pierced into the side of the Grapplerock Mountain Range about four hundred years ago. The mural depicted a team of strange looking people amongst some familiar looking ones fighting some sort of alien humanoid and behind the enemy forces was a large portion of the mural painted purple. Carved into the outside of the mural are familiar looking symbols that you start to remember are also carved into the Colored Furnace. Foofy points out that the symbols are from an artifact that he owns at his home and that the purple part of the mural are in a tome that he found in an ancient temple that the Sotix used to inhabit for their ceremonies and, furthermore, that some of the characters in the mural look suspiciously similar to some people that he knows from his journey, but the rest didn’t fit with my memories or interpretations.
Dr. Foofy returned to his Duskton laboratory and started to research the connections from the celestial object prophecy to this battle philosophy from the avian. However the date that he returned was May 4, 436: The date that the Death Wind hit Duskton and killed all of its citizens. That explains why he found Dr. Foofy at his desk clutching some papers depicting the most recent plague that hit the area, no one could understand what had occurred so they described it as disease-based, he assumed.
Sir Cantos decided to take up his work and go back to the Sotix Temple. He went all the way down to where he found the plague, but made sure not to touch what they had come out of, which appeared to be a stone slab fit perfectly into the floor with a large rectangular hole cut out of the middle, plus a fair amount of symbols scrawled into the middle reaches of the slab. However, when he turned around, he saw something that he could not understand: A completely hooded humanoid person with dark green, glowing eyes from what he could see, clutching a strange cylinder that was whirring and moving about. The man shot a blast of something at him and he fell to the floor. In his last moments of consciousness, he saw the hooded man walk around him and put the cylinder into the hole.
The cylinder shot up and was not to be seen again…about two hours later, he awoke to find that nothing averse happened to him and that the figure was gone. He left and came back to Snowyland to find that Phyrexian Cantos also had a beef with the body he was in, I then drifted about for about a week and a half when I was in this bar, the Kicked Donkey Inn, where I read a newspaper depicting that Sir Cantos, ruler of New Thalia had saved the world using some strange flying armor and calls himself the Dragon Chief. I knew that you, Douglas, would have questions of how Sir Cantos turned into this man that you see flying around and saving the world to tell you that I’m Sir Cantos and he is not, however, that’s not the main issue here. The issue is this, when I watched the research tapes of Dr. Foofy, one of the figures carved into that battle prophecy was Sir Cantos and Foofy, even you are exhibited. This can only mean one thing; we are to be engrossed into an intergalactic battle with the plague that you just defeated with Sir Santos.
Just then, a cracking and a crash was heard in the office, when they both could see through the small amount of rubble and dust from the impact, they saw a metal cylinder in the middle of what used to be the desk. The cylinder started whirring and moving slightly, it then started to whir louder as it rolled by itself to the eastern office wall and jumped into the air, touching the wall. The cylinder started whirring in a different way and started beeping, three times, then opened. Metallic components detached from the inside of the cylinder and eventually covered the wall in a thin sheet of metal. The metal started glowing in squares, and then started to show various shapes. The purposes of the metallic wall which cut itself into various sections, the middle video screen, which was the biggest section beamed to life and they saw the screen had been divided into four equally sized screens and different people were on three of them, you were on the other.
The shadowy figure guy spoke first, telling them who they were: The shadowy figure, who backed up showing that the race that he was looked like a humanoid person which was bending over at a fifty degree angle and had four arms, their body was pure black and their arms were about two feet long with four fingers. Their face was a usual head shape, but along with the body was totally black, the facial hair, mostly cat-like whiskers were white and their eyes glowed yellow. The hair made the head look triangular as the hair grew straight back and didn’t fall down, it stood up. They have a little shorter than normal legs and wore thin clothes, usually simple white shorts along with leather armor. Some wore one or the other but this one wore both, they all wore sandals as a norm. They called themselves the Quron on planet Ba’tir, with light, nimble, but not powerful weaponry where they specialized in guerrilla warfare and silent kills. The one talking to you was named Ishmar.
The next race was a human, a normal human that wore heavy, heavy metallic armor in various colors all over his body along with a sophisticated helmet. When he took it off, he had a brown face and a thick black mustache, their hair was short and also black. He was smoking a cigar and talked low and gruff, his first impression made him seem battle-hardened and extremely serious and sarcastic when need be. His race of humans lived on planet Earth with their sophisticated technology and explosive weaponry, specializing in front line fighting with artillery support. The one talking to you was named Jorge.
The last screen held a metallic face that wasn’t round, it was an egg shape, when he backed up it was a humanoid robot. This was a race of artificial intelligence droids that were built for versatility, but over the years their exoskeletons became stronger, nimbler and more flexible. They were built for the normal outputs of society that they require, which was mostly like Jorge’s society, business, going to work, refueling, educating, politics, etc. Their default build is a humanoid build, usual length arms and legs, little thicker appendages than humankind, but still looks like them in metal form, their eyes cut through the onlookers with red pupils and a deadly stare. These Vipers live on planet Eon where they specialize in constructing warfare where and how needed especially fixated on how the warfare constructed can be used in future situations. The one talking to you is called Azol.
We have to get you Codswaldians up to speed on the situation. The sludge is awakening, someone must’ve found the celestial object of legend and it sent up the activation flare to its home location. Unfortunately, the location of the sludge is unknown and until then we have no way to stop them. Now Codswaldians, we need to know what kind of intergalactic transportation and weapons you can provide to this alliance. Vawdame and Douglas say they haven’t agreed to be part of any alliance. The others groan and say they have no choice, either help us fight or the sludge will come for your planet and destroy it. They scoff and say they’re not afraid since they already bested a sludge invasion from the Sotix Temple. Their planet must’ve gotten struck with the celestial object of legend! That “invasion” that attacked your planet was, at best, a reconnaissance squad. They’re taken aback and agree to join the alliance. They reveal that their major school of weaponry is in arcane magic and we don’t have a consistent attack pattern or explosives and we have virtually no way to get into space. The coalition is disappointed but sure that you can still aid in the plan. They’ll send you teleporters so you can aid in the coming battles.
Prepare yourselves because the war is about to begin. Just then, Azol’s screen is blanked! Over on planet Eon, the sludge have sent an attack squad and they have sacked the Vipers’ capital city. The Vipers strike back with their weaponry that beats an effective resistance into their forces and they eventually beat back the sludge, but it seems that they’re retreating. The Vipers are wondering what is going on when the reports come in of the sludge have taken over Central Fabrication. All the Vipers gasp at the news and Azol says to commence with Plan Delta-9, they all solemnly agree, three Vipers head to a different metal building with no markings or signs. Inside they each grab their keys and unlock their similar boxes. Inside are keys with only one tooth each, they all head to a pedestal with three keyholes on each of the three pedestals, each turns the lock over on one pedestal and the earth rumbles beneath them as they jettison Central Fabrication into space.
All the Vipers take a minute of silence so they can remember this horrid loss to the sludge. Meanwhile on the jettisoned land, the sludge quickly learns how to run the facility and take over some blank Viper bodies. They modify the robots to suit their needs, add additional armor and various melee weaponry. The new Vipers start to fabricate other new Vipers. They don’t want to call themselves “new Vipers,” but they decide to name their new forces: Sols. The Sols fabricate and they start to take excess metal they create to make new land so they can use that land. Azol returns to his communications station to tell the others what has transpired. They all agree that this is a travesty not only to Eon, but the galaxy as well since the Sludge now has infinite soldier-creating ability. They need to think of a move before the sludge start conquering. They spent the rest of the day strategizing.
Meanwhile, on an undisclosed planet, a purple hooded figure with yellow and dark red, thin stripes, sitting in front of one of the same communications complexes that was delivered to the Codswaldians, however this one’s colored strictly in purple. He’s talking to himself as he watches Central Fabrication being converted to the Sludge’s specifications. Those fools, they think that the sludge can be stopped. It can’t and it never will this time, not with me leading the pack. I, Toxic, will make sure that none of these allied planets will see the light of day after this war has been one by my sludge plague and Sol army. He laughs maniacally as he throws his robe across the room, showing himself in his entire form. He wears a flowing, purple robe. He’s 8’6; he has purple hair to his neck with moderate muscle mass. His blue eyes show the look of a man who’s always thinking and conniving. His influence over the sludge makes her a high player in the sludge’s hierarchy. The sludge-mancer Toxic has no heart and only wants to see the destruction of all life over to the sludge; he’s a virtual lich in this galaxy.
This war will test every piece of resolve that everyone has, on both sides. The future of the galaxy rests in the actions of the few and the outcome will be placed on the many. Will the alliance be victorious over the sludge’s plague and banish it from this galaxy along with their leaders? Or will the sludge be victorious in their goal to kill every life form in the galaxy leaving nothing but the thriving lich and his plague?
Toxic – Sludge – Planet Venom
Azol – Vipers – Planet Eon
Ishmar – Quron – Planet Ba’tir
Jorge – Humans – Planet Earth
Sir Cantos – Cotsweldians – Planet Carron



© Copyright 2014 SirCantos (1stman2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1985369-Chapter-1-A-Problem-Emerges