*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970911-A-since-of-life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Letter/Memo · Spiritual · #1970911
A short story of our fundamental essence in the perspective of a metaphoric shark.
  My life sometimes seems as the life of a metaphoric shark in a world of sharks. A creature focused on continual motion for survival, sensing danger/opportunities, communicating, and constantly searching for that next large meal. All while under a large body of water demanding its all-encompassing pressures. Pressures that unceasingly seek that weakened scale to impose that ever manipulating persuasion, contrary to the rationalizing of nature’s rigid armor. Small clinging succubus’s on the peripherals scout the secretly despised citadel for a weak spot to rally a collapse or even a small victory to the pleasure of, if even for a moment, shortening the top distance of the fundamental food chain. All attempts upon the creature’s well-being impose a reflexive jerk to expel that ubiquitous incursion. Internalized successes combat the wading professing of failures past and inevitable failures to come. As natural as it is for the shark to feed upon the opportunity within its proximity I too am limited by the murky deep. Though, on rare occasion, on a particularly clear day, in the chase of an unassuming main course that weaves this way and that then darts north, to the light, in an attempt to blind and out maneuver the grinning jaws of its ends desire. We approach the top; the edge of the known. Emotional relief and clarity cloak the prey’s adrenaline. Shark grin widens as the relieving pressure grants a greater speed accompanied by a lightening. A ceiling unaccustomed yet inviting to the imposition. I am granted the glimpse of a majesty not intended for linger. A flapping tail gracefully drapes sparkling drops of magnificent shimmer beautifully veiling, in a new light, the glory.

  Knowledge of its presence becomes affirmed, as clear as the air that takes my breath away. The glory itself is certain and omnipotent. It never evades or repels it just is. There at the surface of it all. It invites and is actually easier to pursue as I leave the enormous pressures of the deep cold darkness further behind. Though this magnificent clarity is uninhabitable in the physical dependence of the great murky wet, awe can be had by skimming the surface glory. My conscious acts of appreciating the brilliance of each twinkle I affirm, if only for a measured moment longer, the majesty in the grandeur of the great clarity. I will hunger for the delicacies of the depth, and when I pursue them at the detriment of my complacent wandering mind I will wander if I can return. Ever I need direction to clarity I but recall my experience of shedding the pressures of the abyss and take the path of least resistance.
© Copyright 2014 Aspirant (veteran at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1970911-A-since-of-life