*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968663-Lucifer-Rukin-and-the-First-Mission
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #1968663
A complete original dark-fantasy-action story. Warning:Contains emotional bending scenes
Chapter 1:The Unusual Day

         The real danger in life is the danger of the unknown. The unknown is something that is not fully recognized, not fully measured, not fully relatable, not fully understood. When you don't know something it's in human nature to strive to learn about it, whether it's outright asking the person or slowly making curiosity to learn about it, you're going to find out one way or another. Now the problem is, the unknown can be anything. It could even be something that was made to kill you. No matter what is it though, you want to learn about it. The is the problem with humans, the thirst for intelligence. We live to learn, we live to figure out problems, we live to progress.

         Fortunately, this is not the fate for this 14 year old boy named Lucifer. His purpose is a little different. He lives to do his job, to learn about his job, to fully understand his job. Every 20 minutes he receives a call on his special phone given to him by a very, very distant relative. The caller says a name, a time and a special request. This name and time is when a death happened. The special request is how he is 'Reaped'. Lucifer would approach this man's body and take out his phone, point it at the man and press a button. The phone would effectively 'reap' the soul and suck it into the phone. That is Lucifer's job, something he follows without question, something he wants to learn more about.

          Lucifer doesn't attend school yet he has the intelligence of a 30 year old detective. He doesn't live anywhere, never gets hungry and the ability to cope with very all emotions well. He sleeps on the roadside, yet  he wakes up everyday clean and ready for the day. All these things are perks of using the phone. For a 14 year old boy, the days can get quite long and boring.
         Only once a year he has someone to talk to, that is the same person who gave him the phone, who gave him the job. The first talk they had involved the phone he has and telling him what to do, Lucifer agreed to it because he was given perks. The relative said that the job is called a  'Reaper' That is his official job name. He visits him every year just to talk to Lucifer. Lucifer enjoyed every talk he had with his relative, that's also how he got his name, Lucifer. See, Lucifer started seeing this relative ever since he was 10. Before that is nothing Lucifer can remember. The relative gave him that name and fully remade his life. Lucifer can only infer what has happened before and think of happy memories, right before pure loneliness comes about and fills his mind.

          Lucifer has no idea what Reaping actually does or if he is the only 'Reaper' he just does what was described to him as Reaping. The soul, after being reaped, is sent to either two places based on what he contributed to humanity during his lifetime. If he made a science discovery that propelled science into a new era, he or she received  Mirror. Mirror is a place that is often described as 'The Perfect World'. No human knows what happens in Mirror, but often is spoken in many religions. Many religions strive to reach this other world through means of praying. Praying has no effect.

         There is another world, another world people often seen as the bad world, the worst place, eternal torture, Hell. This place doesn't exist. Many religions are told wrongly, it started as somewhere you don't want to go, you wanted Mirror not the other world. This other world was reincarnation. Coming back to earth as a human to make a scientific discovery, propel humanity forward. If  they don't, they reincarnate, if they do, they receive Mirror.

         Lucifer has no idea that Reincarnation and Mirror exist, but his relative does. The man who gave him the phone belongs to an organization that bridges the current universe to the other two ones. Every time Lucifer presses that button, the soul is sucked into his phone where a very high tech device calculates the contribution ratio and makes a very small portal to where the soul is sent through the phone. The phone is an active portal between the three realities.
The relative still has no idea about the Fourth universe though.

         Today Lucifer had a different day. Usually his relative visits him on January 17th a day which Lucifer now considers his birthday. Today was December 27th, He got a call, the caller identified himself as his relative. He told Lucifer told him to meet him by a school to learn about his job. The location was labelled on a GPS on his phone. He was eager to talk to his relative and learn about his job. He could finally find out where his calls were coming from and what his phone actually does. Lucifer could never talk about his job to other people in fear of being called crazy or being locked up in a mental facility. His relative also forbid any talk of job to his 'friends' or even to him. The relative tried his best to simulate regular conversation and would consider Lucifer crazy if he talked about his job.

         Lucifer then put his phone into his pocket and got up from the sidewalk. He looked left and right then crossed the road. He was in the dark part of town. Streetlights were dim and the moon was nowhere in sight. The time was 00:27, he walked another block and scanned his surroundings again. He knew that the walk would take at least half an hour. he took a right and walked forwards. People gave him strange looks as they walked by him. Lucifer was a bit of a different sight. He has hair as black as night, light skin and very light brown eyes, although his eyes never seemed light, they always seemed dark because Lucifer let his eyelids droop a bit. He always wears monochromatic colors and sometimes navy blue and brown. This year he's wearing a black t-shirt, dark brown button shirt that was never buttoned up, grey cargo pants and black shoes with a really good grip on the ground. It was quite snowy and icy so the shoes provided good slip protection.

         Every time he visits his relative they have a conversation, eat, watch a movie together, then go to sleep. Then Lucifer wakes up to a call, heads out and does his job. When he leaves his relative gives him a set of clothes. Every year they are different, but they keep the theme of black and white.

         To Lucifer his life was dull and boring, nothing stood out in life. The same people giving him looks as if he was an alien slightly scared him, he longed for a friend, someone to converse with on a daily basis. Lucifer looked at his phone, the time was 01:00, he has walked for about half an hour, more people walked by him talking and laughing. All Lucifer could do is look down and carry on forwards. One thought in his life keeps him going, the thought of finding something to eliminate boredom. He strongly believes that something in the near future, would help him from this boring world. Give him a better purpose than finding out what exactly he was part of. For now, Lucifer has one mindset. Find out what exactly are you to this world.

         Lucifer arrived at the school, he looked for a man wearing a tuxedo, after all that is what his relative wears often. Lucifer was surprised to see a different man, he was wearing a white baseball cap, aviators, plaid shirt, dark blue jeans and black shoes. The man was clearly looking for someone, for Lucifer. Lucifer immediately jumped down into a prone position, he did not trust that man, he could be a kidnapper looking for his next victim. Lucifer has no idea what that man was doing and he did not want to take chances with his life.

         Lucifer watched the man for a very long time, The man glanced at his phone a couple of times and so did Lucifer. The time was now 01:50 a.m. Lucifer grew a bit tired, but knew he could stay here forever and that man couldn't.
Unless something gave him unlimited energy.

         Lucifer pulled out his phone and called his relative to test a theory. When Lucifer pressed the dial button, the man reached into his pocket and pulled out a sleek white phone very similar to Lucifer's, Lucifer had a black phone, Lucifer immediately hung up and got up to meet his distant relative. He was crossing driveway for the school, towards his friend. While walking he started to realize how bad he has been feeling the past few days, how he felt like no value, how the world slowly started to not even acknowledge his existence. Lucifer tried to put those feelings aside. Much to his surprise they actually moved on, but a new feeling came around him as he heard the loud noise of a car horn. He quickly turned to his right and saw a big red and white delivery truck barreling towards him at a high speed. Lucifer looked at the truck in horror.

         Time seemed to slow down and he  could feel the slight breeze on his face, he looked around him and took in his surroundings. He knew this was his end, he tried to accept it. The thought of dying to a truck seemed ridiculous though, he died due a speeding truck on SCHOOL GROUNDS. What a lame way to go. Lucifer thought. The more he thought of that the more he got the motivation to try and live through this crash. He felt a little strength in his legs and jerked to the sideways. Much to his surprise he moved freely and not as slow as the world around him is moving. He walked backwards a few steps and just stared at the truck. The man driving was obviously drunk, he had a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand and one hand on the steering wheel, his eyes were closed.

"Looks like I need some explaining to do."A voice said behind him. Lucifer turned to see his relative with a glowing clock drawing underneath him.

Today is an unusual day. Lucifer thought.
© Copyright 2013 Stormedwolf (stormedwolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1968663-Lucifer-Rukin-and-the-First-Mission