*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966617-Highschool-heros-it-was-inevitable
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1966617
Michael, Cameron, Skyler, and Alexandra become superhumans and must control themselves
         RRRIIIIINNNNGGG!!! There it went the sound that every kid hates,the school bell. But, today there were 4 kids who hated that bell more than everybody else Michael, Cameron, Alexandra, and Skyler. These were the only 4 kids who didn’t finish their oral reports for Mrs.Mcmillans 1st period literature class. They all feared what would happen if they didn’t turn it in.

         Michael is a 17 year old slim, but muscular african-american boy. He plays a lot of sports, but usually doesn't finish a season because he always finds a way to get himself into trouble. Today was going to be one of those days, but Michael wasn’t going to let it happen. As he walked through the door of the room Michael had already been starting on a plan to get it done but it would be a long shot. “Ok I have a little bit of time to start,” He thought to himself, ”Megan, Billy, and Kim will definitely want to share first and theirs will surely be the longest, so midway into Megans report I will say I have a stomach ache and ask to go to the nurse. Instead i will go to the janitors closet to finish up my report and be back saying she gave me some medicine and now I feel fine.”

         Things were going perfect until Michael saw Mrs.Mcmillan's gaze turn to the back of the room. He turned around and saw Alexandras hand raised in the back of the classroom. Her lustrous brown hair was flowing down her back and her brilliant brown eyes seemed to always catch the light just right with a sort of shimmer, SHe always had a perfect tan even in mid fall. She also had a reputation, she was a thief. Alexandra could take the shirt of the presidents nack and noone would even see her do it. This caused her to become a loner, who wants to be friends with someone who could take your things and you wouldn’t even know it? Almost every boy in the grade was in love with her body, but not her personality and Michael was no different. She may have been gorgeous, but he needed that paper done. He shot his hand up knowing that if Alexandra left the room, Mrs.Mcmillan would never let him out too. Mrs.Mcmillan saw them and decided to hear what they wanted to say.

         “Excuse me Megan,” Mrs.Mcmillan's voice sounded as if she gargled broken glass, “I believe these two students think they have something more important to say.” she said as her eyes shot at Michael.

         He exhaled a little, thankful that she called on him first. “Can i go to the nurse my stomach isn't feeling that great.” Oh crap, she isn't buying it, he thought to himself, I need to make this convincing. He dry heaved a few times in succession and Mrs. McMillan jumped a bit at the sight. She decided to take mercy on him and let him go. Thank Goodness. He thought. Michael was almost at the door to get out of the room and to the janitors closet when he heard.

“I can take him down there,” It was Cameron's voice, “ You know in case he gets, umm, lightheaded.” After those words Michael knew he would never make to the janitors closet to finish the report if Mrs.Mcmillan let Cameron out of the classroom with him. Cameron was a 4.0 always honor roll student who never did anything wrong.

“You may go.” That was it, all chances of that report getting done were gone and he was going to fail. As the two walked down the hallway he was sure he only had one option left. Shove Cameron in a locker and come back for him later ,but what he wasn't sure of was if he would have the guts to try it.

“So how you been doing lately?” Camerons voice cut through his thoughts. “We used to be like best friends back in 3rd grade but i haven't heard from you in a couple of years.”

“Oh, uh, i've been fine. Hey, I heard you joined the robot club and your robot, umm ralph I think, took first place.” Michael said remembering back to when the two friends spent hours in Camerons room building lego robots.

“Yeah it was actually pretty easy. Ralf stands for Really Awesome Little Friend. He was supposed to have artificial intelligence and do basically what you ask him to , all it did was a series of things that i programmed in ahead of time. I just couldn’t figure out the complete artificial intelligence programming but neither can most robot specialists .I've dreamed about building robots since i was little.” They walked together in silence for a little bit longer until Cameron broke the silence and addressed the reason they were both actually there “So whats your plan?”

“Plan for what?” He stopped only a few steps away from the nurses office to look at his former best friend.

“Dude Ive known you since pre-school i know you didnt do your paper and u asked to go to the nurses office so you could sneak away somewhere to do it. So where are we going?”

Michael was truly amazed by how well he still knew him. “I guess people really never do change.” They laughed for a bit and got moving. He thought his plan had been ruined when Cameron offered to help him downstairs ,but his buddy could actually help him finish the paper in half the time. “Ok were going to Nates Office.”

“Who’s Nate?” Cameron asked hoping that his friend wasn't hoping to leave the school to go to some guys work office.

“Oh sorry, umm you call him Mr. Thomas, he’s the janitor. We’re friends so i call him by his first name.” This was going to be a problem right here. Cameron was not going to go to a janitors closet to do homework.

“Ugh. ok lets go. but if it stinks in there i’m going back up to the classroom saying that i dropped you off and you will be fine.” Cameron said in an annoyed tone. I can't believe i'm letting him take me to this stupid janitors closet just to finish a paper. This is why i always do my homework on time.

It only took them a minute to get to the janitors closet and when they did Cameron was awestruck. The office was amazing it was the size of a classroom. The walls were racecar red and the room smelled of popcorn. It had a tv, a radio, bean bag chairs, a refrigerator, a microwave, and a couch. On the couch was Nate. Nate looked as if he was about 30 with a short cut beard and curly black hair. He seemed like he was a pretty laid back guy so Cameron loosened up a bit.

Nate looked at the boys and smiled. “Hey guys what are you doing here in the middle of first period?” He sounded calm and as if he just woke up. Cameron was about to answer but Michael stepped up and did it for him.

“We forgot to write our paper for McMillan ,so we made it down here to do it before she notices we've been gone too long. Is it cool if we stay?”

“Yea sure, anything for you Michael. Just dont mess with anything in the actual janitors closet.” He gestured to the closet in the corner of the room.  “Other than that, you know where the pencils are and i just bought some corn dogs so help yourself.” He then turned around on his heels, grabbed a broom and walked out of the room.

The second he left Cameron and Michael got right down to business and in about 15 minutes they both finished their papers and a few corndogs. Michaels paper may not have been an A+ paper but it was a C at the least and that satisfied him. “ Alright man you ready to head back up?” Michael asked as he packed up his supplies.

“Yea but don’t you wanna know what's in the closet?” As Cameron spoke the words he was slowly backing towards the closet.

“Hmm i don’t know. What do you think is in a janitors closet?” He replied sarcastically while rolling his eyes.

“I’m not an idiot ,but why wouldnt he want us in there?” His curiosity was growing as Michael was becoming more and more annoyed.

“Nate is the only person in this school that i respect and i'm not going in his closet. Just do what you do best and follow directions. Now lets go.” This comment really bothered Cameron, but he wasn't going to let michael know this. Even when they were kids Michael was a loose cannon and Cameron did what he was told. He was always so scared of the consequences that he just did as he was supposed to. It was the one thing he hated about himself.

They left the room and micheal locked the door on the way out. Nate had given him a key a while ago. They turned the corner to go up the stairs when they bumped into Skyler, Alexandra, and Megan. Cameron stumbled and dropped everything out of his backpack. “Where have you two idiots been? Mcmillian sent us down here to look for you. Now pick up your books and get back upstairs, now.” Alexandra was mad.

If there was one Michael hated, it was being told what to do and he wasn't going to take it. “Look here you don't tell us what to do, i'm gonna do what i want and you're going to go right back up those stairs and shut up about it. Deal?” The two looked at eachother for a little bit longer and then Cameron interrupted their stare down to talk to michael with an urgent tone .

“Hey man, I think I left my notebook back in the janitors closet,” He whispered, “Lets head back and get it.” The second the words came from his mouth he knew they were a mistake.

“What were you two doing in the janitors closet?” Alexandras brown eyes were blazing with fury.

"It doesn't matter why we were down there. Just go back up to the classroom and tell her you didn't see us." Michael was pretty mad now and he knew that they weren't going to listen to him, he knew he would get in trouble if he just walked back downstairs to get Camerons paper, but what other choice did he have? He couldn't just let Cameron go up without his paper so he turned around and urged his old friend to follow him.

"Where do you think your going?" Alexandra started to grab Cameron and drag him up the stairs when Skyler stepped in front of her, just barely pushing her hand away from the unsuspecting boy.

"How about we go down together and get it then we just go back up to the classroom?" She inquired hoping to make peace with everyone. Thats all she ever wanted, Conflict may have been one of her biggest issues. “We will come with you two to the janitors closet and Megan can just wait here incase Mrs.McMillan sends any other kids to come get us.” They all nodded and she gave a big smile, proud of what she had done. Although, she felt a little bad for making Megan the one to stay alone, but she needed to make sure that Alexandra didn't do anything stupid.

         The walk down to the janitors closet was both quiet and awkward. Noone said a word for a while until Cameron broke the silence. “ Dont you think its wierd that me and Michael have been out of the room for almost half an hour and no one has stopped us.” Alexandra looked at . him uncaringly, he still continued anyway.” I mean there is only about 10 minutes left and not a single teacher or security guard has so much as asked or a hall pass.” He honestly didn’t really care but it was just something to break the silence.
© Copyright 2013 Vulture133 (ironmustle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1966617-Highschool-heros-it-was-inevitable