*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961131-Stake-Bros-Inc-Act-Three
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Action/Adventure · #1961131
Act Three of a Horror Action Flick
INT. VAN

CHARLES turns a ELECTRIC LAMP on as the time was 2:30 AM, CHARLES yawning as the GROUP sat locked in the VAN as SHANE looks about to see they were completely immersed in the WOODS.

CHARLES
Goddamn woods. I hate woods.

JESSICA
What are we doing?

SHANE
Lately we've decided to start hunting a little later in the morning.

MARK
Hunting around 5:25, 5:30 gives us enough darkness to work with but the comforting safety of DAWN.

JESSICA
I see, I like it.

BRIAN
So what's your story, kid? Why leave everything to come put your life into our hands?

JESSICA
It's a uneventful story. Truth be told. I was bored.

BRIAN
Haha.

CHARLES
Best story I've heard from an INTERN yet.

JESSICA
What about you? How'd you and MARK get involved with these guys?

MARK looks at BRIAN who looks un-sure, SHANE and CHARLES looking at each other as MARK gestures to BRIAN who nods.

BRIAN
I uh...

JESSICA
You don't have to tell me if you don't want too I didn't mean to...

BRIAN
It's, it's okay. We're all in this together.

MARK pats him on the shoulder as BRIAN nods.

BRIAN
I lived in OHIO, worked the assembly lines, had a daughter from a previous marriage. She was 15...One night I came home...and...it was in my living room...sucking her dry. By that point there was nothing I could of done, she was...her head was halfway off of her body, he was eating through it.

JESSICA
Oh god...

CHARLES
VAMPIRES when they're especially hungry...they...they tend to do more then just suck, they're like a shark, they just keep chomping at the bit getting all they can handle.

BRIAN
I was in shock...and this thing, it had just fed so it was...so fast...so strong. It threw me around, beat on me for what felt like hours, it was only matter of time before it was going to take me out.

JESSICA
So what happened?

BRIAN
I stabbed it in the chest with a CROSS we had hanging up in our living room that got knocked down in the struggle. I watched it...howl and scream in agony, I watched it for a good while, I wanted to see it struggle. I got it right in the chest, right where it's heart was but it wasn't in deep enough but he wasn't going anywhere. So I took my time with that motherfucker. I got my pistol, I must've emptied...six clips into that thing before I finally kicked the cross in.

JESSICA
Thought you had to cut it's head off if you just stake it?

BRIAN
I didn't know any better. I just...left it.

JESSICA
And your daughter?

BRIAN
Buried her. Hit the road looking for answers after that, and found these guys on the internet. Tracked them down, told them my story. They drove me back to my town, to where I hid the VAMPIRE and they let me cut it's head off.

CHARLES
Around that time we got the idea of doing the show, doing the blog's and live chats weren't helping much, BRIAN here could handle himself, and he had some broadcast journalism experience so we knew we could use him as a director slash camera man.

BRIAN
Been with these two fuck ups ever since.

CHARLES
Our longest tenured journeyman.

JESSICA
I'm sorry about your DAUGHTER.

BRIAN
She's up there. That's the one solace in this world I take, is  knowing that these things exist, knowing what it's like here, only confirms to me that there is a heaven. Something I still don't understand why you CHARLES don't believe.

JESSICA
You don't believe in heaven? In god?

CHARLES
Let's get off this subject, please.

MARK
You know it ain’t' going to be dropped till you speak up about it.

CHARLES
what do you want me to say? I never had faith, nothing ever really shook that believe into me. Not even finding my entire family slaughtered by VAMPIRES, or the hundreds of VAMPIRES we've killed since then. Look...if there were a god...why would he let something like this happen in the first place? What purpose does it serve? I'm not one to question divinity, nor would I ever get the answers were I looking for them. So for me, it's just a mute point.

No one says anything for a few moments before JESSICA looks to MARK.

JESSICA
Alright, JETHRO, your turn.

MARK
JETHRO? I like that.

SHANE
It's got a nice touch to it, ya dirty hippie.

MARK
Ha.

MARK lights up as JESSICA grabs it out of his hands and holds it away from him as MARK weakly reaches for it, JESSICA pushing him back as BRIAN and CHARLES bust out laughing as JESSICA has a smile on her face, SHANE shaking his head.

JESSICA
Start talking and then you get it back...

MARK
Goddamn you're evil. It was about a year and a half ago, a buddy of mine was working as an INTERN for them and they were having problems putting the show up for broadcast because the heat were tracking the IP ADDRESSES they were using for each show, so they were constantly on the run, constantly having to allude.

JESSICA hands him back his joint as MARK takes a long drag.

MARK
I was studying at a local community college, but I was getting ready to transfer to I.N.T. They asked if I knew how to mask IP ADRESSES or at least bounce it around and yeah, that's easy, so I tagged along thinking I was going to see how they shoot this show which is bitchin' when your high and don't believe in the shit.

JESSICA
And lemme guess, shit got real?

MARK
Oh yeah. Buddy got mauled to death...tore him to shreds...that's when the few of them were WOLVES...It was my fault...CHARLES took them out when he could and I...I watched these guys massacre like fifteen of these things, it was art...and that's when I knew it was real. All of it. My buddy died doing this because he saw what they were doing. He lived it. So if I was truly going to understand it, I had to tag along, take up the slack.

SHANE
Best pick up we've had since. MARK here has kept any all local enforcement in the dark around us for a year solid, and we've been working at a efficient and effective rate better then we ever have.

MARK
Well...for us maybe, not so much for our INTERNS...

CHARLES
Goddamnit, MARK!

BRIAN looks at MARK with a shocked look as SHANE shakes his head as JESSICA looks around them as she notices their expressions.

JESSICA
What, is being an INTERN a...bad gig or something?

CHARLES
Might as well come clean...

SHANE
JESSICA, it's not a job that...has a very high...success rate.

JESSICA
What do you mean?

SHANE
We've had about fifteen interns since we started doing this. Two are still alive. The rest...well...

BRIAN
Dead.

JESSICA
Oh...

CHARLES
Yeah. That's why you get the hefty advance, and the heavy weaponry.

JESSICA
So this is what...what am I like bait?

SHANE
That's how we used most of them, but we changed our M.O. Recently.

JESSICA
Yeah, thanks for that! Woulda been nice to know that I was walking into a goddamn cursed job opening!

CHARLES
Hello, you're interning for a show about killing VAMPIRES, real VAMPIRES mind you. Now unless you came into this thinking this was all make believe, you better start thinking straight, and getting your emotions in check, or you'll end up dead just like the others...

JESSICA
Fuck you, asshole!

JESSICA storms over and opens the door, jumping out as she walks furiously from the car as SHANE smacks CHARLES in the back of the head and runs after her, CHARLES huffing as he follows suit as BRIAN looks over at MARK and shakes his head.

MARK
What?

EXT. WOODS

SHANE catches up to her and cuts her off as JESSICA stops and grabs her hair, pacing about as SHANE holds her arms to try and calm her down.

SHANE
JESSICA, JESSICA...calm down.

JESSICA
This is bullshit, SHANE...I didn't sign up to die...

SHANE
You won't if you just listen to us...and be mindful.

JESSICA
I am not here to play your damsel in fucking distress!

SHANE
You're not, I promise you JESSICA, that is not what we're doing with you. What we told you that you would being doing is all that you would be doing.

JESSICA
Then why the shooting practice, why the training, and all that other bullshit!?

SHANE
Because we don't want to lose any more interns!

CHARLES
Think about it.

JESSICA looks to see CHARLES coming over towards her as SHANE shakes his head.

SHANE
I got this, CHARLES...

CHARLES
Shut up, SHANE.

SHANE
I don't need your antagonistic tone right now!

CHARLES
She needs to hear some hard truth, and I'm better suited to throw that down on her without sugar coating it. You say you left your family because your bored, well good fucking choice, because their ain’t anything boring about this. This is life now, BURGS! You think we're just going to throw you into the fucking fire, we're not. We're not ever going to do that again, not while we're still alive.

JESSICA looks un sure as CHARLES comes over towards her.

CHARLES
We made mistakes, we let good people get killed, because we were careless, and we were still novices, we didn't know the stakes of the lives we were playing with. And even when we got mindful, even with all the precautions we took, sometimes it just...had more to do with bad luck then anything else. I'm not gonna sit here and say you're going to come out of this alive...and I don't even know when that would be if I did...could be tonight...or tomorrow...six days or six years. We're all on ticking clocks here. But we're here because we believe that by taking out some VAMPS, we reduce their numbers...and we...we wake the world up to what's going on. If you didn't believe that either, you wouldn't be here.

JESSICA
I just...this is...

CHARLES
It's dawning on you the gravity of the situation I know but trust me it's...

VOICE
(O.S.)
Here piggy piggy piggies...

SHANE and CHARLES go back to back as CHARLES takes JESSICA'S hand as she jumped and screamed as the VOICE came from somewhere in the WOODS around them, DARKNESS surrounding them as only the ELECTRIC LAMP from the VAN was the only light that was shining out in the area.

SHANE
Where it'd come from...?

CHARLES
Couldn't tell...

JESSICA
Who the fuck was that...?!

CHARLES
Take a guess.

VOICE
(O.S.)
Seems you've strayed from the pens little piggies...no matter...

SHANE
Why don't you show yourself you cowardly little cock!

BRIAN hears SHANE shouting and looks to see the THREE slowly tread back towards the VAN, CHARLES giving BRIAN a signal when he saw his face poke out, BRIAN nodding as he quickly comes over and grabs his VEST, turning the UV LIGHTS on as MARK curses and crawls towards the back of the VAN, locking the doors as BRIAN sets the UV VEST DOWN and pulls his .45 from it's holder.

CHARLES and SHANE keep moving about in a circle, scanning the area as JESSICA was doing her best to stay in between as she looked horrified.

CHARLES
How many you think...?

SHANE
At least three...One near the VAN...the other two on us...

VOICE
(O.S.)
I think we'll snack on the GIRL first...she looks delicious...

CHARLES
Have to go through us first asshole!

VOICE
(O.S.)
Oh, boy if you knew what we were...

SHANE
You obviously don't know who we are...

A VAMPIRE can be seen crawling on the side of the VAN towards the OPEN HATCH as CHARLES turned and saw it first, CHARLES yelling out BRIAN'S name as BRIAN watches as it jumps into the OPEN DOOR, but as it does the UV LIGHTS on the VEST blind it and causes it to screech and smoke before BRIAN plugs it TWICE IN THE HEAD.

CHARLES hears a rustling and pushing JESSICA down he catches A CHARGING VAMPIRE and flips it, JESSICA watching as it's face landed right near her's, JESSICA screaming as it bites at her but CHARLES moved it away before pulling a WOODEN STAKE from his hip and stabs it in the heart as a SECOND appeared, going straight for CHARLES but SHANE had the PYTHON pulled and fired one round into it's FACE, CHARLES screaming as he grabs his right ear and turns to see the VAMPIRE shaking and convulsing before melting and then turning into ASH, JESSICA backing away as SHANE comes over and grabs her as CHARLES looks to see the VAMPIRE he staked was still alive.

BRIAN kicks the ASHES of the now dead VAMP out of the VAN as he runs over with the UV VEST on as he aims about as JESSICA comes over and clutches BRIAN who holds her as SHANE and CHARLES come over to the VAMPIRE who was still reeling as blood was coming out of it's fanged mouth as CHARLES kneels down and pushes his knee into it's crotch, the VAMPIRE reeling as CHARLES leaned into it.

CHARLES
Howdy...

SHANE
Where is you master?

VAMPIRE
Who...who are you?

SHANE
We're the STAKE BROTHERS...

VAMPIRE
Ha...hahaha...just my luck...

SHANE
Where is your Master!

SHANE pushes his boot down on the stake, letting it push in a little further which causes the VAMPIRE to scream as CHARLES pushes SHANE off.

CHARLES
Not yet...

VAMPIRE
In a SHACK...a few miles north of here...with four others...

CHARLES
Well that was too easy.

VAMPIRE
We have plans for you...should you of...been dumb enough to come here...

SHANE
Yeah well.

SHANE fires a round from his PYTHON into it's head without looking before he holsters it and comes over to JESSICA who looked traumatized.

SHANE
This isn't pretend...this is real...now...are you going to be able to handle this...or are you going to go back to your old life...and be one of their little piggy pigs?

SHANE walks back towards the VAN without waiting for an answer as BRIAN comforts JESSICA who begins crying as she was clearly terrified, CHARLES watching as the VAMPIRE burst into melting flames before turning into ASH, CHARLES picking his STAKE up as he tucks it away.

CHARLES
Let's go, we got a episode to do.

CHARLES scans around the area, waiting for BRIAN to lead JESSICA to the VAN first before he followed, not noticing a pair of RED EYES watching them from afar.

INT. JASON'S HOME

ANDREW was sitting with red eyes at a COFFEE TABLE, a untouched beer in front of him as HUGO comes over to JASON who had his laptop connected to his big screen TV in the living room as it was on the “STAKEBROSINC.COM” Website which was counting down to the next episode in an hour.

JASON looks to see the distraught ANDREW not saying a word as JASON nods to him as HUGO takes a drink from his half empty beer.

JASON
He going to be alright?

HUGO
I think he's still trying to sort all this out, but he'll come around.

JASON
You seem way to calm about this.

HUGO
I guess in a way...I kinda already believed you know? I mean it explains everything that I couldn't figure out prior to all this.

JASON
It's tough to come to terms with, I know about that. Just...watch him.

HUGO
I will.

JASON
They go on soon, after that I hope your guys pull through.

HUGO
They wont trace the IP ADDRESS I'm sure of that...you sure you can get us face to face?

JASON
If the internet can be believed, yeah I think so.

HUGO
Look all those people...

HUGO comes over and reads the LIVE CHAT FEEDS that were going on on the website as the COUNTDOWN continued.

HUGO
How many of them truly believe you think?

JASON
A little over half, most people still just treat it as a show, but the mindful ones, they know better, they don't let what's being said and they way they act be a deterrent of the truth.

HUGO
What is this...?

JASON enlarges the LIVE CHAT as he points out that every other comment has many different users posting the same comment
“TUNE IN AFTER THE SHOW FOR A NEW WEB SERIES INSPIRED BY THE CREATORS OF STAKE BROS INC” with a link to the WEB SITE right under it.

HUGO
Spam?

JASON
Probably, assholes are always spamming some scam or something on the internet. They'll do it all night, just ignore it.

JASON returns to the LIVE CHAT to it's normal window size as HUGO takes mental note of it and comes over to ANDREW.

HUGO
How you holding up?

ANDREW
I don't know...

HUGO
It's...

ANDREW
I called KAREN earlier...

HUGO
Ex wife KAREN?

ANDREW
Yeah.

HUGO
Why?

ANDREW
Because believe it or not, unlike your dismal marriage and relationship with your ex wife, I and KAREN are still good friends...and...I couldn't shake this image in my head...of...that thing breaking into her house and...

HUGO
Yeah...I know.

ANDREW
Thank god we didn't have kids, huh? I mean...could you imagine knowing what we know with kids of our own...after seeing what we've seen today.

HUGO
I hear ya.

ANDREW
It started yet?

HUGO
Bout an hour to go.

ANDREW
Okay...

ANDREW retreated back to his safe place as HUGO pats him on the shoulder and comes back over to JASON.

EXT. BACKWOODS ROAD

CHARLES scopes the SHACK that was in a clearing beyond some WOODS about a mile ahead, CHARLES handing the binoculars to SHANE as CHARLES began to gear and suit up.

CHARLES
Ten bucks say they attack us before we even get to the SHACK.

SHANE
Wouldn't be a good bet for me considering I already expect that as well.

SHANE comes over as MARK spins in his chair as he points towards the CAMERA FEEDS as BRIAN was checking his CAMERA over.

MARK
Hey, you guys I'm getting one hell of a spam hit, something about a show after our show inspired by you guys or something?

SHANE
Does it got a link?

MARK
Uh, yeah.

MARK brings it up as it had a BLACK BACKGROUND and a BLACK SCREEN where something would be broadcasting.

SHANE
Very basic.

MARK
Yeah looks like their waiting to start streaming.

SHANE
Keep an eye on it.

MARK
Why? Not like we're going to sue them.

SHANE
Could be something to check into. Might even be funny.

MARK
Or dangerous, what if their copycats whom are about to get themselves into some serious trouble?

SHANE
Nothing we can do about it then. Just hope that they're prepared and have learned something.

MARK
Okay...go live in five.

MARK comes over as CHARLES puts his HEAD SET on as MARK brings his CAMERA feed on as BRIAN comes over and checks on JESSICA who was sitting in the back of the VAN, her knees clutched against her.

BRIAN
How are you holding up, dear?

JESSICA
I'm scared...I'm scared shit less...

BRIAN
It'll pass. Just watch us...and you'll start feeling a lot better.

JESSICA looks at him as he winks at her and grabs a BAG, BRIAN coming around as he hands it to SHANE who was gearing up as SHANE puts his HEAD SET on and checks his UV FLASHLIGHT.

CHARLES
Hey, you need to bless my water.

SHANE
Oh, right.

SHANE comes over and begins saying a verse as he blesses the JUGS of WATER as CHARLES waits for a moment before SHANE crosses the cross over it.

SHANE
Your good.

CHARLES takes the JUGS and begins filling the tank on his SUPER SOAKER as MARK checks the feeds from the cameras, MARK spinning as JESSICA gets up and comes over, sitting next to him as MARK smirks.

MARK
You gonna watch the action from the safest seat in the house.

JESSICA
I guess so.

MARK spins as he calls out towards them as BRIAN checks the UV VEST as SHANE turns his UV LIGHT ON as CHARLES grabs LUCILLE and puts her in the holder on his back as MARK starts counting down.

MARK
Alright you guys, live in 3...2...1.

MARK types in a sequence and presses enter.

INT. JASON'S APARTMENT

ANDREW gets up and walks over towards HUGO and JASON as they were watching CHARLES and SHANE give their normal greetings, and explanations about what was happening as ANDREW takes a drink of his beer as he scoffs and shakes his head.

HUGO looking back at him as he raises an eyebrow.

HUGO
What?

ANDREW
I just...I've been a FBI Agent for twelve years...and to think that in all that I've done in my career, even yours...those two fucking pups have done more for this country, for this world, then we ever did. Its fucking hysterical.

ANDREW walks back towards the dining room as he laughs as JASON gives HUGO a look as HUGO shrugs.

EXT. BACKWOODS ROAD

CHARLES finishes showcasing his WEAPONS as he comes over to BRIAN and looks into the CAMERA.

CHARLES
Alright you guys, it's one of my world famous MONSTER BASH TRACK EPISODES, so turn that music bar up and enjoy some tunes.

MARK smirks as he loads in a CD as JESSICA looks confused.

JESSICA
I don't remember this...?

MARK
CHARLES likes doing this for some reason...every now and then he'll have me play some songs over the feed, mostly so he can listen to it.

“I'LL BE AROUND” by CEE-LO starts playing on the COMPUTER and live streams as CHARLES starts bouncing about, nodding his head as SHANE shakes his head and begins into the WOODS, BRIAN smirking as he and CHARLES give each other DAP before heading into the WOODS alongside SHANE as MARK was doing his best to dance as he tokes up and offers it to JESSICA who shakes her head but smirks as she watches him dance around before going back to watching the monitors closely.

INT. WOODS

SHANE scans about with his UV FLASHLIGHT as CHARLES was looking about but just nodding to his music as SHANE hears something, BRIAN hearing it to as he aims the CAMERA over towards the sound as CHARLES was just blissfully walking towards the SHACK still, SHANE coming over and slapping him on the head.

CHARLES
What the fuck!

SHANE
Cut the music! Focus up!

The MUSIC dies off as CHARLES grimaces and begins pumping his SUPER SOAKER, his UV FLASHLIGHT ATTACHMENT combing the area with SHANE'S as SHANE held his PYTHON in his right hand, BRIAN touching his .45 on his leg as he stays close to SHANE as SHANE throws a fist up, CHARLES and BRIAN stopping as SHANE points to his right, CHARLES nodding as he begins to slowly creep around BRIAN as SHANE aims the UV FLASHLIGHT about before he nods at CHARLES, CHARLES spraying from his SUPER SOAKER all of a sudden as he hears something screech and rustle towards the left quickly BRIAN following it as he see's it taking off towards the SHACK, SHANE taking aim as he catches it with the UV LIGHT, The VAMPIRE screeching as the light burns into his leg before SHANE fires a dead shot that hits the VAMPIRE in the TEMPLE, dropping it dead as BRIAN cheers as CHARLES smirks and pumps his SUPER SOAKER.

BRIAN
Good fucking shot, SHANE.

SHANE
Learned from a pro.

CHARLES
That's ten bucks you owe me.

SHANE
Never made that bet.

BRIAN
That shot would of definitely gotten their attention.

SHANE
Where are they going to go? Sun is coming up and if their sleeping in grave dirt, or their coffin they don't have a choice.

CHARLES
Dead bastards.

The TWO clear through the WOODS without incident as they are only a few hundred yards away from the SHACK as SHANE nods to BRIAN who flips the switch on his VEST and has the UV LIGHTS turn on protecting him as SHANE and CHARLES walk up towards the SHACK, a few feet out of from BRIAN'S VEST LIGHTS as the two look at each other.

CHARLES
Oh Lucy! I'm home!

CHARLES swings the SUPER SOAKER around him as he pulls LUCILLE out as
SHANE keeps the PYTHON in hand as there is a moment of silence before the SHACK DOOR OPENS and a LARGE WHITE BURLY LOOKING VAMPIRE steps out along with TWO OTHERS.

VAMPIRE
You boys come here to die...

SHANE
Do we look like people who've come to die?

VAMPIRE
UV LIGHTS. Hmph. Guess not.

SHANE
SUN'S coming up. Not like you have many options right now.

VAMPIRE
We could kill you and just go back to sleep.

SHANE
Cuz that's really going to happen.

VAMPIRE
You guy's have no idea the hornets nest you've kicked up. There are plans for you two. For everyone who works or helps you. Whether I kill you, or someone else...We'll never stop.

SHANE
Well...good job so far.

VAMPIRE
Yeah well...

The VAMPIRE looks to see the SUN slowly rising not far from them.

VAMPIRE
If we're going to do this. I suggest we get to it.

SHANE nods and raises his PYTHON but as he does a HAND comes from out of the ground in front of them as the TWO hadn't noticed the SOFT LOOSE DIRT surrounding the SHACK as BRIAN watches tensely as a VAMPIRE rises up and goes to bite SHANE on the ankle but CHARLES runs over and SLAMS LUCILLE into it's face, crushing it into pulp as the LARGE VAMPIRE charged SHANE tackling him as SHANE drops his UV FLASHLIGHT as CHARLES gasps as the TWO land on him as the other TWO VAMPIRES run up and begin clawing at him but BRIAN runs over, and burns the TWO VAMPIRES with his UV FLASHLIGHT VEST, CHARLES screaming for BRIAN to get back as the LARGE VAMPIRE stands and grabs SHANE by his chest, tossing him towards the SHACK as SHANE goes through the SHACK landing hard inside as he reels in pain as he notices some CORPSES that he landed near, SHANE shaking his head as stands.

CHARLES scoots back as he goes for LUCILLE but a VAMPIRE jumps in front of him and kicks it away, BRIAN shaking his head as he lowers his CAMERA.

BRIAN
Let me help you!

CHARLES
I got this!

BRIAN
CHARLES!?

CHARLES
I got this, goddamnit!

BRIAN shakes his head as screams in frustration and holds the CAMERA UP as CHARLES watches the TWO VAMPIRES circle him as The LARGE VAMPIRE was heading towards the SHACK.

INT. VAN

JESSICA comes up next to MARK with a concerned look on her face as MARK was shaking his head.

MARK
What the hell is he doing!?

JESSICA
Why won't he let BRIAN help him?

MARK
I don't know...He does this though...

JESSICA
Is he a fucking idiot?!

MARK
Sometimes...

EXT. OPEN FIELD

CHARLES eyes between the TWO as he watches one CHARGE him, CHARLES swinging his SUPER SOAKER around as he watches the VAMPIRE impale itself onto the bayonet that he had mounted to it, the VAMPIRE SCREECHING as the UV FLASHLIGHT burned a hole through it as the VAMPIRE reached out and snapped at CHARLES as CHARLES held it at bay as he presses the TRIGGER and begins hitting it with HOLY WATER in it's torso, the VAMPIRE screeching in pain as the SECOND VAMPIRE runs up behind CHARLES but CHARLES spins and tosses the VAMPIRE into the SECOND ONE, kicking the IMPALED VAMPIRE off of his SUPER SOAKER as the VAMPIRE lands on top of the SECOND VAMPIRE, as it was melting away from below it's chest, The SECOND VAMPIRE pushing the rotting body off of him as CHARLES runs over and IMPALES downwards, stabbing the Bayonet into it's head as it screeches as he leaves it there for the UV FLASHLIGHT to cook through it's FACE, CHARLES huffing angrily as he comes over and grabs LUCILLE, walking over towards the FIRST VAMPIRE as it's entire CHEST was continuing to melt through from the SUPER SOAKER as it screeched something at him before CHARLES bashed it's head in with LUCILLE a few times, stepping back as he breathes heavily as the body melts into ASH at the same time that the one stuck to the SUPER SOAKER does, CHARLES looking over to BRIAN who looks a bit relieved.

CHARLES
Get all that?

CHARLES and BRIAN turn as SHANE comes flying out the other end of the SHACK that he hadn't gone through, SHANE reeling as blood comes out of his mouth as the LARGE VAMPIRE steps out of the shack and walks briskly towards SHANE, CHARLES and BRIAN running over towards him as CHARLES slams the BASEBALL BAT into the back of the LARGE VAMPIRES back, but watches as it burns only a small amount, the LARGE VAMPIRE turning as he backhands CHARLES down, as BRIAN raises his .45 and takes aim but as he does, SHANE stands and draws the KATANA, the LARGE VAMPIRE stepping towards CHARLES before SHANE swings the BLADE across the back of the LARGE VAMPIRES neck just as BRIAN shot a point blank bulls-eye into its forehead.

The LARGE VAMPIRE goes rigid as the head slowly begins to slide off of the body as it's bullet wound was clearly showing as SHANE reels and falls down onto his back as the LARGE VAMPIRE falls over awkwardly as it's head tumbles about before melting into ash along with it's body as CHARLES catches his breath and shakes his head as he sits up, BRIAN holstering his .45 as he comes over and to check on SHANE, who wipes his mouth as CHARLES comes over and helps him up.

CHARLES
How'd going through that SHACK feel? Twice I might add.

SHANE
Oh shut the fuck up, you didn't fair much better.

CHARLES
Ah, that's debatable.

MARK
(O.S.)
Alright you guy's sign off...

CHARLES
Well... As you can see...another exciting and fun filled episode of STAKE BROTHERS, INC right there.

BRIAN points the CAMERA up towards the SUN that was finally peaking over the trees as CHARLES pats SHANE on the shoulder, SHANE wincing as CHARLES snaps at BRIAN who aims the CAMERA back at them.

CHARLES
So you guys stay tuned...202 coming soon, STAKE BROS, INC.COM. Stay safe.

MARK
(O.S.)
Alright...feed going off in 3...2...1. And we're out, what the fuck was that?!

CHARLES
We're fine, thanks MARK.

MARK
You took a complete an unnecessary risk out there.

CHARLES
We're fine.

BRIAN
CHARLES.

CAHRLES
What?

BRIAN strikes him in the nose, CHARLES reeling as he grabs his nose, SHANE stepping between them.

CHARLES
What the fuck!?

BRIAN
You ever turn me down to save your goddamned life again I will end you my fucking self! I am not out here to watch you die because you want the glory of killing a couple of VAMPS!

CHARLES
I'm sorry...

BRIAN
Shut the fuck up...just...let's just go...

BRIAN lowers the CAMERA as he walks by them and begins back towards the WOODS as the SUN was peaking in, SHANE wincing as he walked,  pattting CHARLES on the shoulder who look flabbergasted.

EXT. VAN

JESSICA waits for them as BRIAN comes over and turns the UV LIGHTS off on the VEST as he hands MARK the CAMERA and begins taking his GEAR off as CHARLES and SHANE come over, JESSICA looking at them and doesn't say a word as she goes around the side of the VAN as CHARLES and SHANE look defeated as MARK snaps his fingers at the TWO.

MARK
Hey, that other show is about to start...it's counting down.

SHANE
That's great, MARK, record it or something, I'm kinda dealing with my own shit.

MARK
Uh, it's got a message for you two.

SHANE
What is that?

SHANE winces as he starts stripping his gear off as CHARLES does the same.

MARK
Uh...it says “To my Boys, love, REBECCA”.

SHANE and CHARLES look up quickly and glance at each other before hopping into the back of the VAN, MARK watching as they look frantic and shocked as they read the screen themselves as CHARLES shakes his head.

CHARLES
No...no no no no...

SHANE
“SHE”...CHARLES, goddamnit, it's her...she's the SHE...!

MARK
What the fuck is going on?!

JESSICA comes over from the other side as BRIAN looks at her and then at them as they both look horrified at the monitor.

INT. JASON'S APARTMENT

JASON brings the screen up as well as HUGO reads the message over as ANDREW comes over after grabbing another beer as JASON watches the countdown reach zero, and a BEAUTIFUL OLDER WOMAN appear on the screen.

REBECCA
Hello boys and girls. This is your Mistress of the Dark, REBECCA SCOTT. I would like to take this time, to say hello to TWO very special men in my life. CHARLES...SHANE...it's good to see you again...I hope all is well...it seems like it is.

INT. VAN

SHANE and CHARLES reel to the back of the VAN in horror as JESSICA comes closer inside as she and BRIAN crouch beside MARK as SHANE and CHARLES look mortified.

REBECCA
It seems that for a few years now...people out there...people like all of you who just watched that latest episode,  Have been enamored with my two love's little venture, of killing VAMPIRES, exposing us, our weaknesses...our strengths...how we die. A lot of you I am sure, most of you...probably think all of this is bullshit. I mean, VAMPIRES? How ridiculous. I am here to tell you, that...well...it's all true.

INT. JASON'S APARTMENT

JASON and HUGO give each other a look as ANDREW perks up.

REBECCA
Yes Ladies and Gentlemen of the Human World, we exist, We hide in the shadows, lingering and longing for our next meal, which happens to be you. You, the foolish beings who believe you sit at the top of the food chain, outside of it even. How far from the truth you are. You've always been in the food chain. Cattle, pigs. Whatever vermin you decide to affiliate yourself with. Now I am sure you are wondering what I have to gain by collaborating with their claims. Why, if VAMPIRES existed, would you come out and admit it? It's simple. You must evolve with the times. It TWO people like the STAKE BROTHERS could make such headway, what would ten do, or twenty, a hundred, three thousand? What would a nation do if they believed? But enough of you don't, and because of that...our being out in the open...won't be met with such resistance. The frailty of the human spirit, the ignorance that keeps us strong. And as you see...

The CAMERA zooms back as REBECCA stands in front of the pens of HUMANS, a VAMPIRE reaching in as he beats on a YOUNG ADULT FEMALE and drags her out as HUGO and JASON watch uncomfortably as REBECCA smiles as she comes over towards her.

REBECCA
Tonight is the beginning of your end. For every night I will add to my numbers, and I will take from yours...I will surround myself with fresh...young and...energizing prey...never short of being immortal...and I will litter the streets of your nation with your dead, and the nights will be full of flowing blood from our lips. You wanted VAMPIRES exposed, out and the open, and to be proven real. You got your wish.

REBECCA takes the FEMALE and bites into her neck, viciously sucking her dry and eating her to death as JASON, HUGO, and ANDREW watch horrified.

INT. VAN

MARK looks away from the horrific feeding as the YOUNG FEMALE'S SCREAMS went form loud and painful to whimpering and soon lifeless, BRIAN watching with an angered expression as JESSICA covered her mouth as she watched in horror as SHANE was letting tears run down his face as CHARLES was clutching his knees, not even looking at the screen as they could hear the sounds.

REBECCA tosses the body down as it was dead, REBECCA letting blood drip down her lips down her chin and onto her dress as she comes over towards the CAMERA, her RED EYES piercing through.

REBECCA
Today, we begin a new era, the era of our first step to taking what is ours. STAKE BROTHERS...CHARLES...SHANE...come for me...come and show how much you've missed me, how much you wish to fix the mistakes, the sins of your past. Come to NEW YORK CITY...to the center of your species downfall. And the first to fall in our conquest. Come...if You dare.

The FEED DIES as MARK shakes as he turns the SCREENS off, JESSICA turning as SHANE and CHARLES were curled up  as BRIAN turns to them.

BRIAN
Was that her...was that really the first VAMPIRE you hunted...the QUEEN?

JESSICA
She was the QUEEN?

SHANE
Yes...yes that was her...

MARK
Boss...what do we do?

SHANE
Take us to a motel.

MARK
Boss I know you're upset right now but...

SHANE
Take us to a fucking MOTEL!

SHANE looks enraged and has tears freely falling from his eyes as shakes, MARK nodding as he goes and starts the VAN, BRIAN hoping out as he closes the SIDE DOOR and runs around, jumping back in as he closes the BACK DOOR, as JESSICA comes and sits between the TWO as CHARLES doesn't even look up from his KNEES as SHANE just stares forward blankly.

INT. JASON'S APARTMENT

JASON brings up a VIRTUAL MAP of the area around the CATHEDRAL as ANDREW hangs up his CELL PHONE and comes back over towards HUGO.

ANDREW
That was the boss, he's flipping major shit right now, between the normal broadcast and that shit just now...Jesus Christ I didn't even know what to tell him...

HUGO
We could ask him to send in the Calvary, but they wouldn't believe us.

ANDREW
No...so what are we suppose to do?

HUGO
How's it going? You getting through?

JASON
I'm trying but they don't seem to have their screens on.

HUGO
Well just...keep it up.

JASON
Last night...all those killings, those missing persons...

HUGO
Yeah...

JASON
It was the beginning...and I bet by noon today, you're going to have just as much, maybe more. They could take this city within a matter of weeks and no one would bat an eyelash until it was to late...and that there, that fucking CATHEDRAL is the hub...no doubt in mind now. 

HUGO
We need to get in touch with them, and soon.

EXT. VAN

JESSICA comes out with the keys as BRIAN takes one and doesn't say anything as he goes into his room as MARK pats her on the shoulder and heads behind BRIAN, SHANE taking the other as he doesn't say anything and goes into his room as well.

CHARLES steps out and JESSICA stops him.

CHARLES
Look, I just...

JESSICA
Shut up.

JESSICA kisses him, which clearly throws him off as he looks confused as she takes his hand and leads him to her room, CHARLES looking at the room he normally shares with SHANE and shrugs as he follows her inside.

INT. MARK'S ROOM

MARK sets his stuff down as BRIAN was already in bed, MARK rubbing his head as he wipes his eyes and turns his LAPTOP on, MARK watching as a screen was pulled up which had JASON, and HUGO on screen.

MARK
What the hell?

JASON
Whoa, hey, hello?! Hello?!

MARK
Who the hell are you, and how did you...

HUGO
Look, listen up okay, I'm special Agent HUGO PIKE...

MARK
Holy shit...

HUGO
No no no! Don't close the screen, we believe! Please, hear us out we believe you guys...

MARK stops from closing it all the way as MARK bites his fists as he looks over to BRIAN who was passed out as MARK doesn't move as he can hear them still.

HUGO
Look, we're not tracing your IP ADDRESS, we're not doing anything funny, we just need to talk to the STAKE BROTHERS, we need to tell you guys what we know. Things are getting serious here.

JASON
Please, we're on your side...hear us out...I'm begging you.

MARK huffs and opens the screen back up as he notices ANDREW appear on screen as MARK rubs his chin.

MARK
Okay...make it quick, and it better be good...

INT. JESSICA'S ROOM

JESSICA rubs her hand through CHARLES'S HAIR as CHARLES was sitting on the bed, JESSICA looking into his eyes as CHARLES looks haggard and tear jerked.

JESSICA
Sorry, I know you were probably expecting some sex after that kiss...

CHARLES
Oh...yeah, well...it's okay.

JESSICA
I just...I just thought maybe you needed a minuet, a...night away from SHANE you know? You two have been through so much...so much pain and sadness...

CHARLES
You can say that...

JESSICA
Who is she? Is she...really the QUEEN?

CHARLES closes his eyes as JESSICA sits down beside him, taking his hand into hers as CHARLES takes deep breaths.

CHARLES
She moved in across the street from me...English broad...hot.

JESSICA
Eh...

CHARLES gives her a look as she smiles at him.

CHARLES
Well...to me she was...captivating.

JESSICA
Maybe she used that VAMPIRE seducing method or whatever.

CHARLES
Yeah, pretty sure she did. Didn't think nothing of her, she was pretty for an older gal, had some guys over every now and then, but mostly stuck to herself, then one night, she comes over to my house, asks for some movie ideas or something to watch, I don't remember, I just...I remember her taking me into my room, and...

JESSICA
Yeah, I can piece the rest of that part together.

CHARLES
I mean slam bang bang ya know.

JESSICA
Lovely.

CHARLES
Not really...That night while I'm passed out in my bed...she waited for my parents to get home...and...she...

JESSICA
Oh...

CHARLES
Didn't kill them though...turned them. Left them there to take me out.

JESSICA
Oh my god.

CHARLES
Had to take my own parents out...wasn't easy either. I never had a good relationship with my parents...not at that time...but they were still my parents you know. I tried telling everyone who would listen but they all thought I was crazy. Everyone except SHANE. I mean, I don't think he really believed me at first, but he stuck by my side.

JESSICA
What happened next?

CHARLES
We did some research, faced off with some of her lackeys for a while until we got to where we felt we were ready to take em on. Walked straight into hell with SHANE at my side, and we...we took them all down...least we thought.

JESSICA
You didn't know about the leaving a stake in and all that details I am sure.

CHARLES
Yeah...But we knew...we knew when we came back and her body was gone...we knew that one day it could come back and bite us in the ass...But with everything going on we just...forgot I guess. And hearing her voice...seeing her again...it just flooded back...all of it...our biggest failure...our biggest mistake...

JESSICA moves his face towards her as she looks into his eyes.

JESSICA
It's okay...we're going to take this bitch out, right?

CHARLES
I don't know...

JESSICA looks un sure of what to say next as CHARLES seems lost in his thoughts.

INT. SHANE'S ROOM

SHANE stirs as he looks to see CHARLES not in his bed as someone was banging on the  door, SHANE wincing as he stands and grabs his PYTHON.

SHANE
Who is it?

MARK
SHANE! SHANE, it's MARK, open up man!

SHANE wipes his face as he sets his PYTHON down and comes over to the door, opening it as MARK looks frantic.

SHANE
What's going on?

MARK
You need to hear this.

SHANE raises and eyebrow as he follows MARK out of his room.
© Copyright 2013 Charles Reid (dadrizzle27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1961131-Stake-Bros-Inc-Act-Three