*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958931-THEE-END
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1958931
Reading Prompt that must begin with: There was only one way out
         There was only one way out and it was either me or him. I distinctively remembered thinking “he has to die” before blacking out.


         My relationship of three years with Marcellus had come to an end. Prior to this, we had plans of getting married, we were already living together and had become the parents of our son, Johnathan. All was well until Marcellus had an affair with another woman and not just any woman, one of our neighbors. I forgave Marcellus of his disloyalty and tried to move pass it, but every time I saw her, it reminded me of their secret affair and I couldn’t forget it. So I packed me and Johnathan’s’ belongings while Marcellus was at work (so he couldn’t get the opportunity to convince me to stay) and moved. When Marcellus returned to an empty room, he was devastated by the loss and tried everything to patch things up, but nothing worked and after two months of being independently freed of obligations, my desire of being single became the outlet to try new things with new people!


         I thought it was finally over once he stop trying to woo me, but this was just part of his devious scheme. He kept face with the agreement for Johnathan: visitations at my house and weekend stays at his house. I didn’t suspect a thing until one day he showed up to visit Johnathan, instead of picking him up. I wanted to know about the change of plans, but instead of interrogating him I followed his lead until the proper time would present itself. When Marcellus arrived at my house I had this uneasy feeling that I couldn’t quite put my finger on, but knew something wasn’t right. To play it smart, I continued through the routine along with special precautions (just in case my hunch was accurate). After ten minutes or so later, he began to mumble “if I can’t have you than no one else would either” as he was locking the three locks to my door. Something prompted me to look behind me and when I did I saw Marcellus trying to launch towards me with a jagged buck knife. Without hesitation, I shoved him so hard, he flew into another room and landed on his buttocks. As he gathered himself, I sprang for the door, unlocked all of the locks, and immediately ran down stairs. Once, in the foyer, I thought to myself “it’s either me or him” and that’s when I decided that “he had to die”. I grabbed the small fire extinguisher off the apartment hallway wall and kicked open the front door so he would think that I left to seek help. Then I hid behind the corner of the entrance of the lobby until I heard him swiftly coming down the steps. My heart was racing, but I counted the steps until I heard him closest to the bottom then I rushed out of the corner and began repeatedly hitting him with my weapon to defend the lives of both me and Johnathan before I blacked out.


         With much success, every blow struck him with such force, that I heard the door open, but I didn’t remember anything else until I saw him running and looking back, then I realized I too was running, but didn’t understand why until I looked back and discovered that Marcellus was fleeing from me. I took a hard pause and ran into the opposite direction so could check on Johnathan. Once I got there, I noticed he was unharmed, but pretty shaken up with witnessing the incident. I embraced him as if it was our last, closed the door and called the police. An ambulance was dispatched to my residence, but I didn’t want to be transported until my family was aware of the incident, so they could escort me to seek treatment and make an official report at the police station. My family was furious and wanted revenge, they went to his home, checked local hospitals, and even passed the word on the street that they were looking for him. Through these channels we discovered that he turned himself in to the authorities. Months later, we attended the court proceedings and followed the advice given us. To make a long story short, he was sentenced and before being released he was restricted of ever making contact with us in any way. Finally, all the nails closed the coffin and it was set afire. Thee end!
© Copyright 2013 Madame FeeFee (nusongbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1958931-THEE-END