*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957114-The-hospital-room
by Morgan
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1957114
A girl is at the hospital to see her mother.
We were all sitting in the hospital. I didn’t know what was going on, just that mom was in a room. I wanted to know what was wrong. To know if there was something I could do to help. All of us were there, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Janette, Uncle John, and my sister Andrea that hasn’t been back since she moved out 13 years ago. Something was up and I wanted to know. I didn’t want to sit in this waiting room any longer. Tears started rushing down my face, slowly soaking the top of my shirt. I awoke to the sound of doors opening and shutting. I looked up and saw that I was now in a hospital room. I was about to leave when I heard it.
My mother’s voice was coming from the other side of the curtain. I pulled it aside and everyone was inside crowding her. I quickly walked over to her and saw a baby boy. My body went stiff and I couldn’t breathe. The only words that could come out where “Why didn’t you tell me?” Everyone looked up and stared at me with blank expressions. You’d think that your own mother would tell you she was going to have a baby right? Wrong. “I was going to tell you darling, but it just wasn’t the right time” my mother said. But in reality she wasn’t supposed to have the baby yet and wasn’t going to tell me. “I can’t believe you, I can’t believe that you would lie to me, all of you!” I stormed out and never looked back. The next thing I knew I was waking up in my bed. It must’ve been a dream. I let out a sigh of relief but then I heard it. A baby’s cry.
© Copyright 2013 Morgan (morganperry98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1957114-The-hospital-room