*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941590-Bound-To-Hell
Rated: GC · Fiction · Fantasy · #1941590
Fantasy with a huge twist and with dramatic sad and happy moments.
Chapter 1: Traitor



         The blood had covered the torn up, gray shirt which had hung down past her waist. Her camouflaged pants were now covered in mud along with her boots that also had blood dripping unto them from her arms. Gunshots and explosions could now be heard from the woods which she had been running through for quite some time. Clouds of smoke and flashes were all that could be seen in the distance while poison had slowly began to fill the air, leaving a trail of death behind it. Men's voices echoed through the air shouting and screaming while they held woman and children in their arms, putting lead through their heads and dumping the bodies onto the ground. Screams had become louder as everyone who survived had ran through the woods helplessly and as their screams had become quieter and gunshots became louder, she ran faster, only thinking of surviving. She began sprinting, not giving herself time to rest, even though her breath was heavy. Her footsteps were also growing heavier making each step louder and easier to find. When she finally couldn't run anymore, the men's voices had started to disappear, far off in the distance. She threw her back against a tree and slid down, only half conscious. Her eyes drew heavier, but she still forced them up, aware that if she slept, she could wind up dead.

         
72 Hours earlier-

         I had been waiting over twelve hours in the interrogation room chained to a chair with hand cuffs. The investigators just stood there, watching me, making notes, and asking some short, stupid questions here and there that got on my nerves. Questions like "do you realize what you have done?," or " what can this job that you're doing gain you?". I hate that they just don't ask "why are you doing this?," I give my answer, then they either put me on death penalty or a life time sentence for jail. Sitting in this room with morons like them is making my brain cells commit suicide one by one and if I were to stay here another twelve hours, then I would probably become mentally ill. One investigator had left, leaving only one to watch over me. He began to speak when he suddenly collapsed onto the table he was sitting in front of.

         "What the hell? Hey dude, you alright? Hey come on get up, I want to get out of here!"

         "Then start talking, or else they'll never let you out.," a voice behind me said.

         I recognized her tone and the familiar smell of her perfume.

         "Sarah just unhook these cuffs you bitch."

She started laughing at my comment then I heard a click and my wrists were free.

         "Bitch you used me for your plan.," I said as I rubbed my wrists.

         She just smirked in my face and held up her files that she needed. I felt dizzy and the room started spinning, dragging my feet along with it. She had drugged me earlier and sent me to the investigators, which is why I ended up here. The drugs I guess weren't fully worn off, so I sat back down in the chair until I was able to move, then got up on my feet again. Sarah held up money and I swept it off her hand into my own. I started counting and she just looked at me expecting me to say something to her. I sighed and walked off, but she just trailed behind me. when I got into the main hallway, men had been littered all down it, leaning against the walls dead. The walls had also been decorated with blood splatters and bullet marks.

         "You should at least clean up after yourself, or you might regret it later."

         "Don't worry my boy's taking care of it."

         She pointed down the hallway and I just see her assistant picking up a body and carrying it down the hallway. Even though I owed her, I still think she used me over the top, let alone made a mess of the place. After retrieving my belongings that they took from me, I headed home. Sarah ended up giving me a ride home, but of course not for free. As I walked up to my door I pulled out my keys only to find out that my door had been unlocked forcefully already. I rush in to find my apartment completely trashed and turned upside down. I figured the police had searched the place while I was locked up.

         "They could've been at least a little more careful." I mumbled to myself. I had been in a bad mood already let alone coming home to a disaster. I just stumbled inside slamming my door shut and making my way to my bedroom.

         "Weapon, here boy!" I called

         My dog rushed his way over to me. I pet him on the head and walked over to the kitchen to give him a treat. As he ate it I pressed the button on his collar and went into my bedroom closet. A small crack was revealed in the wall and when I opened I was glad to see that my weapons safe was untouched. Everything was as I left it which means that they hadn't found it. With a sigh of relief I pressed the door back to my wall until I heard the click, which meant that it was locked. I dropped onto my bed and before my head hit the pillow, I was already asleep.

         I wake up to my alarm clock screaming at me and as I opened my eyes, the light had blinded me. I turned off the alarm and just sat at the end of my bed listening to the birds chirp. After a bit I got up and started getting ready for work. With all that went on last night, you would think I would be some big, bad wolf working somewhere, but I was more like a sheep in a wolf's clothing during the day. I grabbed a baggy gray T-shirt from the pile of clothes that used to hang in my closet and a pair of blue sweatpants from my living room, that used to be folded in my dresser. After getting ready I ate some breakfast with Weapon, and I took him on a walk. It was a quiet, peaceful morning which I didn't mind to much, so I took the long route only to be a little behind on schedule. I sprinted into the garage, got my bike and left with haste towards the office buildings. Once there, I locked my bike up out front and ran into the backdoors. From there I made my way to the changing room, where I got dressed into my pale blue jumpsuit. I quickly grabbed the cart and walked out casually, while on my way I put my check in card through the machine, which beeped me in just on time. I sighed with relief and made my way around the building. Once the day's office work was up, that's when it starts getting interesting. I walked up the management department president's office and leaned in close to the door.

         "What do you mean the shipment was cancelled? I specifically asked you to make it happen by today!"

It was silent for a minute or two so I was guessing the other line was making a speech. The president was furiously banging things around and slamming drawers.

         "Fine then! Just get the drugs in by the end of the week understood?" He said quite calmly.

         I moved along, pleased that I finally found out what he's been smuggling in the offices. You may think, "oh it's a shipment company, nothing should be wrong here," but in reality a lot of the higher ups do some behind the scenes work. The one person that's really in the underworld business would be this company's CEO president, which is pretty horrifying to me. He's a good looking man that most of the woman would die to be with, and there are so many rumors between the office woman that even I feel like I know more about him than he does himself. There's one rumor where he'll sleep with you, but he won't sleep with the same woman twice. Which I think is pretty heartless, but I don't know the man so I can't say anything. I made my way to his office only to hear him and some woman in there. In the office, really? I just sigh and move to the bathrooms near the office and wait for him to finish. When the woman came stumbling out, I moved slowly back around being wary, and as I did, I recognized the woman he was with. She was a famous model popular for her articles and mostly magazine covers. She's also famous for being so popular at only the age of twenty-one. Just one glance at her and I could see why she was popular. I looked in the office to see the president fixing his tie. He cleared his throat and looked at me.

         "What are you looking at? Get lost four-eyed maid." He waved his hand in the air gesturing me to leave.

         I just glared at him and he looked at me surprised. As I left, I caught a glimpse of his smirking at me. I knew that didn't mean anything good, so I hurried away. I became pissed that he had called me a four-eyed maid, I mean I get the four-eyes part since I was wearing glasses, even though they were fake, but really? Do I look like a maid? I slammed my locker shut after I got dressed and made my way home. Once arrived I unlock my door to find my house completely cleaned and Sarah sitting on my couch drinking coffee.

         "Yea, sure, just make yourself at home.," I said as I slipped off my shoes.

         "Already did, thanks though," she said "and there's a job for you on the counter."

         "What's the pay and who hired me?"

         "Just look at the folder."

         I picked it up and poured the contents onto the dining room table. Sarah walked over and put a cup of coffee in front of me, and sat down across the table. What had fallen out were pictures and a good wad of cash. I counted it up to be a thousand dollars in hundred bills and the pictures showed some military commander.

         "Who had the money to pay for this?"

         "I don't know, some hot guy just walked up to me and handed me the folder, said for your eyes only."

         "You still looked at it."

         "He won't ever know, and anyways you going to do it?"

         "No thanks, why don't you?," I slid the folder towards her.

         She just smiled at me and got up. As she walked, her hand dragged the folder back in front of me. She got on her jacket and heels and walked out, but before she closed the door she said, "The guy's name was something like Adam or Steve, can't remember but it was something casual."

         "Aaron?" I said with a sigh. She smiled and said, "Bingo and his last name I remember to be Williams, some big shot of a shipping company." and she disappeared into thin air. The door closed shut and I just sat there, hands on my head, stressing about this.

         "Damn sister, can't you just bring good news with your visits?" I said under my breath.

         I just looked down at the pictures. The guy had white hair, but was pretty built for his age. Aaron didn't include any information which made this job almost a clear pathway to walk myself to hell. One of the major problems I had was that he probably knew that I did these kinds of jobs at night. If he figured out that I was doing these kinds of jobs, then I'd end up having to kill him. It also didn't make it that obvious since my portfolio and ID were fake when I registered for my job, so any background checks would've made it obvious I was someone else, right? I just sat and stared, thinking on what my next step should've been and finally decided to decline. As I slid the pictures back into the envelope, I noticed a small folded up piece of paper. I pulled it out and unfolded it only to find it read, "Thanks for this, and you're a really great help at the office". I became pissed when I read this. So he knew, and he was playing games with me? I became more infuriated with this because that means I didn't have a choice, he's just going to blackmail me into it.

         "That asshole. I'll fucking kill you next." I muttered under my breath.

I just let out a huge sigh and make my way over to my safe. I called weapon over to find him dressed in red bows and pink dog shoes.

         "SARAH, HE'S A GUY YOU BITCH!" I screamed.

         I couldn't help but laugh a little though, as viscous as he may be to strangers, Sarah ad I got him from mom when he was just a pup, so he let's his pride go down the drain for us. As I took off the bows I hit the button on his collar and finished cleaning him up. The I made my way to the safe to find Sarah had taken a quite a few guns and over one-third of the boxes of ammo. I hung the pictures on the cork board, with the rest of my other targets, that hung in the back of the safe. I grabbed the gear I was going to use and set it up next to my bed while I was getting dressed.

         This time I dressed as a military personal. I put on camouflaged pants and black boots, along with a gray T-shirt and dog tags which dangled around my neck. I put a pocket knife in the back of my pants and a 9mm. pistil in my left boot as I tightened the laces. My AK-47 was hung around my shoulders, onto my back, which allowed me easy access to the trigger when needed. All of the of the other guns were put in a duffel bag which I carried. As I made my way out my door, I said goodbye to weapon.

         Chapter 2- The End of What Used to Be

         My door closed behind me and I made a loud, obnoxious sigh come out, which lately, has been the occupation of my breath.

         "Sarah get down, I know you're up there."

         She jumped off the roof and made a loud thud on the boards as she landed.

         "Be a little more quiet next time, I have neighbors."

         "Stop being so narrow-minded. I'm just having fun."

         "Well you fun is going to get me arrested some day. And why are you dressed up too?" I said as I made my way down to the parking lot.

         "I'm going with you. The more the better."

         "I don't need a little girl to accompany me."

         "Well this little girl is a better assassin than you'll ever be.," she stepped in front of me.

         Usually when I'm around her I don't actually use my full potential, because if I were to, I would probably pump lead straight through her skull without a second thought. I have to be cautious when she's around me. That what my mother had always taught me during training.

         "Yea, sure. Believe what you want to believe." I took out my keys and unlocked the big, gate doors which led to the second garage only I had access too. Sarah and I pulled the garage door up to see over thirty vehicles sitting inside.

         "Tom must've been doing a lot of work again."

         "No shit, there's so many." I said followed by a whistle.

         I looked around at the cars for a bit then found the one which I was looking for. I threw my duffel bag in the back and Sarah did the same.

         "Shotgun.," she tossed the keys to me.

         "You better be a good shot then." I said as I opened the car door.

         We were going to ride there in a camouflaged jeep. What else if were going to just walk into a military camp like it's nothing? We pulled the top cover down and drove off. On our way out of course Tom comes shouting at us about being careful. We just wave him off. He would usually do that because he made the vehicles for us, but on every job we took, somehow we managed to destroy the damn things and bring back scraps. The three vehicles that are mine, and I have to repair myself, are my bikes and I don't mean the bicycle that I rode this morning. In the back of Tom's garage, he keeps my two of my bikes, my duel-sport bike and my dirt racing bike. My favorite , a tuned up sport bike, is in my own garage and I take it for street racing here and there but not too often cause of my job. Sarah has her racing cars that she also tunes herself and she used to race with my dad before he was killed. I guess it's just in our blood, assassinating and racing, which I always thought was an odd thing.

         We arrived over two hours after we left and of course Sarah had fallen asleep the. I threw my empty water bottle at her, which I had been drinking, to wake her up. She sat up in the back seat and rubbed her eyes drowsily.

         "We're here already?" she asked with a yawn.

         I looked at her in the rearview mirror. She always looked like a little girl to me. She was only a sixteen anyways, and I always felt bad that she couldn't do things the way that normal girls here age do. She dresses in disguises that usually get covered in blood instead of jewelry and clothes. When she gets bored, she doesn't call up a friend; she calls her assistant to get her someone to kill. I'm surprised she isn't that fucked up though. She started learning to kill at the age of three, just like me. My mom raised us like that without dad ever knowing, but when he found out about her profession, he got himself tangled up into some serious shit. I never really liked the drunkard anyways, but he had a close relationship with Sarah since mom favored me the most. Every time I think about that, I just feel like we grew up into such a broken family.

         The car halted at the gate, and the guard checked our tags. Their base was huge compared to normal campouts. There were over ten huge tents and about thirty regular tents for the soldiers t sleep in. There had been barely anyone awake or outside even and I wouldn't expect them to be. We parked or vehicle and hid the bags in a floor compartment along with the rifle that had been around my shoulders. I still keep the pistil hidden within my boot. As we walked through their camp, the soldiers sitting around just stared at us. We were led straight to the Major's tent, but when we got near, they told us to wait. The soldier that was leading us went in and started talking to him about us. He was speaking loud enough for us to hear though.

         "Sir, we have two international women here on base. They were sent as messengers from their camp."

         "What did you say? Two women?"

         "Yes Sir."

         "Why did they send women? Guess they're low on strong guys their." Him and the soldier had laughed and once they finished their chat, came to greet us. As they walked out I saluted, and when Sarah caught on, and did the same.

         "At ease soldiers."

         "Yes Sir." I said as I rested my arm to my side.

         "Now what brings you ladies here on such a quiet night."

         "We came as help from our camp Sir, we're se up on the west side, and we were sent ahead to inform you of the arrival of the other soldiers. They will be here in two days worth of time."

         "Well done ladies, you guys made your deadline, I was beginning to wonder when these men were going to show, but what's holding them up to the point of two days?"

         "We only had two working vehicles, and when we were driving down here the other one broke down. They made it back to camp by pushing so we went along ahead. Once they have finished repairing all vehicles, they will be on their way."

         Something in my story my have not added up to him, for he had the look of disbelief on his face. His eyebrows raised up and he smiled warmly, which had caught me off my guard.

         "Ok well since you traveled such a long way, why don't you rest up a bit? I'm sure some of our specialists can help you."

         "Sir, yes Sir." I said as we saluted again.

         He went back to his tent and a different soldier showed us where the tents were. Sarah and I set up the two tents by ourselves and grabbed some sleeping bags that were in the back of the jeep.

         "When did Tom put a survival kit in the back for us?," I pulled her sleeping bag out of the back.

         "He didn't, I did. You're welcome."

         "When did you become smart Sarah?" I teased.

         She elbowed me and we crawled into our tents. I slept lightly and pretty much with one eye open, so if someone entered I would know, but for the whole night, no had disturbed us. The morning trumpets blared louder than my alarm had ever been, and quite frankly the noise wasn't my favorite. I put on my pants and headed out. I had to get Sarah up since she was a heavy sleeper. She grumbled and kicked at me before I could drag her out of the tent. As soon as she awoke fully, we walked out of the tents. People were starting to line up at the flag pole that was located at the center of their camp. We joined them and once the trumpets stopped playing, the Major General walked out.

         "That's our target. He's so scary looking." Sarah whispered.

         I just hushed her and waited for him to talk. He explained the rules of the morning, what was our schedule today, and where we would be training. After that he dismissed us to go to the mess hall to get some chow, which I was not looking forward too. As we walked there eyes were following our every step. they were the same soldiers that were sitting outside their tents last night. I also heard some people talking quietly amongst themselves.

         " Why did the General Major show up?"

         "Don't know, maybe something was wrong with the Captain?"

         The rest of their words were too quiet to hear. When I thought about it why did such a high-ranking officer show up just to give morning announcements and dismissal? Sarah looked excided as she looked around at the base. This must've been her first time seeing anything dealing with the army, besides the uniforms which I used to have to wear. We shortly arrived at one of the huge tents, and when we entered there were benches and tables lined up, filled with so many soldiers. I was guessing since half of them weren't in line up, they must've been training somewhere or something. There was a line where two men scoped what looked like beans and some type of vegetables onto their trays. Me and Sarah grabbed a tray and waited in line. She looked around and pointed something out.

         "I don't see any women here."

         I look around to that there weren't any in my view.

         "Maybe they're doing separate training or something? I don't know Sarah don't pay too much attention to it."

         Even though I had said that, I was still concerned about it, but that's when we got tapped on the shoulders. We turned around to see a female's face, which had enlightened me a little.

         "Well, well looks like some little lambs got caught up with the wolves." she said pushing us along in line.

         "Yeah, you the only female? I haven't seen many around." Sarah replied.

         "We're here, it's just that the ration from men to female is fifteen to one. Not very many of us, about nine now with you guys."

         "So that's why, seems to me we just came at a bad time huh?" I had added.

         We got our food and sat down with the girl we just met. Apparently she was twenty-six and her name was Charlotte. We also met Abbey, Ria, and Louise. The rest of the girls name's were Sarah Lynn, which personally I didn't like her having the same name as my sister, Janiya who everyone just called Jan and the was some girl name Charlie, but apparently no one knew what she looked like, her name was just on the roster for one of the girls tents. They offered for us to stay with them, but to my precaution, I declined. Sarah hadn't quite gotten used to them, so she declined as well. She also didn't make friends because if they got in the way of her work, she would kill them. After finishing as much as I could, I gave to rest of my 'chow' to Sarah. She would probably eat anything if it was edible, and even some things that aren't supposed to be.

         After the trumpets went off again we make our way to the training grounds, a place where I was hoping never to see again in my life. There were mud puddles from hoses that we had to crawl through and nets we had to climb. After a while most of the girls just gave up, but me and Sarah had easily carried through the course, which I wish I hadn't. We even surpassed the guys which I hadn't noticed until we finished. The Major which had greeted us last night, was the one leading the training, and he too, was surprised at our performance.

         "Apparently we need to take notes from our west camp, cause they had just shown us up." He said.

         Some of the girls looked at us with jealousy, and I knew they would be trouble later. We finished the day smoothly and went ahead with our night plans after they set us free for the night. Sarah and I had changed our clothes to some which they had provided. They were the same except for the shirt they gave me. It had been a men's size T-shirt, so it was it was a little too big on me, but the pants were the same as which I had worn. I still had the knife and gun hidden and Sarah had snuck out to our Jeep with me to get our weapons. When we had opened the hidden compartment, it was empty. Flashlight had shone on us.

         "Freeze ladies, we're armed and ready to shoot." It was the Major's voice speaking.

         "Listen we were just coming out here to get some stuff from out bags, what else do you need from us?" I said.

         Sarah turned around her hands up in the air. I did the same except my hands were to my sides. I didn't need to put them up, they weren't the cops.

         "Yeah, sure, getting your guns from the bags. What would you need your guns for anyways?"

         'What military personal wouldn't be armed in their vehicle, we just brought some ammunition with us. Is that so bad?"

         "It is when you're heavily armed like that. I would think you were going on a raid or something."

         "Fine then." I said as I slowly lifted my hands up but as I did, I grabbed the pocket knife in my left hand.

         They had seen it and pumped their guns back. They aimed straight at me, forgetting that Sarah had been standing next to me.

         "Put the knife down girl, or you'll be sleeping in cold soil forever."

         "Sure I'll put it down." I slowly bent over to reveal Sarah standing directly behind me, holding the pistil.

         She shot the Major straight between the eyes, making them bulge out a little. He fell to the ground with a hole straight through his forehead, and since we were so close in distance, the whole back of his skull was blown out, leaving his brain to be seen. The sergeants that were with him freaked out and shot at us I dove to the left while Sarah dove to the right. One wasted his bullets trying to hit me. I threw the pocket knife and hit him in the heart, making him drop his gun and stumble backwards, into the other just as he shot. He missed Sarah, barely scraping her cheek, but breaking the window shield to the Jeep. Sarah quickly shot him because by now, more soldiers were coming outside to see what the shooting was about. Sarah and I quickly sprinted to our tents. We waited a moment or two and came out normally, as if we had been sleeping in our tents as well. Everyone was gathered at the scene.

         "The Major is dead! Someone shot him straight through the skull."

         "I feel like I'm going to puke."

         "STAND BACK NOW!" A woman's voice called out.

         We were surprised to see a woman standing there. Her first name was the only name written on her name tag, which was quite odd since only their last names would usually be written. It read Charlie, and her ranking badge was that off Lieutenant General. Everyone quickly saluted, obviously surprised.

         "What the hell happened here?" she shouted.

         "We don't know ma'am, we came out to find him like that."

         Everyone else agreed.

         "Someone's lying. They couldn't have shot at each other. And whose Jeep is this?"

         "Ma'am it's ours," Sarah began "we're from the west and we had driven here before our soldiers had arrived for the beforehand warning. the should be arriving tomorrow or the day after."

         "Did I give you permission to speak?"

         "Ma'am you had asked a question." Sarah replied. Her voice had a bit of annoyance hidden with those words.

         "Well then, if you decide to run your little, ugly mouth towards me, you better be prepared to get the consequence."

         "Shut up." I had interrupted. Everyone looked at me in shock, and most at me like I was stupid.

         "Excuse me?"

         "I said, S-H-U-T up. Are you deaf?"

         "You little-" she raised her hand to slap me, but Sarah ended up with a knife to her neck in the blink of an eye.

         "Don't you dare hit her." She said as she made a little cut in her neck.

         Charlie had obviously been surprised and so was everyone else. Finally, she got the voice to speak.

         "Traitors! These two are the traitors! Kill them, NOW!"

         No one had moved and some started backing up slowly. When I looked to see why, Sarah was being choked by the Major General, our target. I hadn't even realized his presence when he came up to us, but I didn't really care. I dug a knife into his arm to make him let go of Sarah, but he didn't even flinch. I struggled to pull his arm off of Sarah, as she clawed to get air. She started losing consciousness when he dropped her. I went to help her up, but he had hit me, backing me away at least a good five feet. My stomach hurt from his punch, but I paid no attention and took a step forward. He just raised an eyebrow at me as I continued towards Sarah, and did the same thing twice, but this time I was on the ground coughing up blood. I couldn't stand.

         "Tie the traitors up and bring them to my tent. I'll deal with them." he said.

         "I don't know who you think you are Major, but I am your superior and-"

         He just glared at her and she froze. The others quickly saluted and a few left and came back with ropes. They tied us up easily since neither Sarah or I could put up a fight. He then had a few people put us in rolling chairs, and roll us over to his tent. Once there he dismissed them, and it was just Sarah, me and our target face to face.

© Copyright 2013 gh0stwr1tt3r (gh0stwr1tt3r at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1941590-Bound-To-Hell