*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938670-Kathleen
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1938670
A short horror story that should leave you breathless but understanding the whole story.
A girl with jet black hair that fell straight down her back with piercing blue eyes was my reflection through the mirror. We just stood there glaring at each other Neither of us moved or said anything.
It had to have been an hour before I became the brave leader to make the first move. Even if it was just walking away. When in a war like this, leaving the enemy with your back wide open is the strongest move anyone could take.
"Kathleen, Kathleen, Kathleen." The wind whispered my foe's name as I went outside. I ignored it and kept walking.
"Kathleen, Kathleen, Kathleen" It whispered again making the name kisses my ears. I ignored it and kept walking into the forest.
Birds hiding like cowards in the trees' branches laughed at my insanity I ignored it and kept walking.
The birds now mock me by flying high and free. How I wish to be. I ignored and kept walking through the forest.
"Shh, don't tell. Shh, don't tell." The trees told me as I was leaving the forest, I ignored it and kept walking.
"Shh, don't tell. Shh, don't tell." The trees told me twice I ignored and kept walking out of the forest.
"Go, go, go." The bridge creaked as I sauntered down it. I ignored it and kept walking.
"Go, go, go." The bridge creaked again. I ignored it and kept walking to the perfect spot.
"Come, come, come." The river called as I steadied myself on the bridge's handles. I ignored and kept walking.
"Come, come, come." The river called again. I ignored it and kept walking off of the bridge.
"Yes!" The raven haired reflection exclaimed as I first met the water.
"Yes!" The blue eyed reflection exclaimed again as I was fully engulfed in the water. I ignored and kept walking down to the depths of the river.
"A black haired girl with blue eyes named Kathleen has died." The news explained. I ignored it and kept walking.
"She committed suicide by jumping off a bridge." The news continued to explain. I ignored it and kept walking down to finish this war in flames.
© Copyright 2013 Valerie (valeriepatrick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1938670-Kathleen