*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923288-My-First-Nightmare
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1923288
I remember this dream to this day, I believe I had it between 5-7 years old.
Everything's fuzzy. Not physically, but mentally. My vision appears blurry or faded; Sounds seem muffled, like I'm not really here in my kitchen at five years old. But thats not possible, I can't be at two places at once. There is an aura in this place that can't escape me.

I look around, the floor is vinyl tile, starting to wear from age and chip off in places. The walls in the kitchen are different than the rest of the house, since it's an addition done around the time of my birth, with brown, wooden looking strips going up and down them. Before the addition, now what is the dining room used to be the kitchen, with a window looking out into the back yard, but now the window is hollow, so your able to gaze into the living and dining room from the kitchen, or vice versa. My mother is standing beside me, probably as dazed as I am.

Why do I feel so strange? I peer through the window into the next room, speechless of what I see. There is a figure of a man in front of a monstrous slug so tall it touches the ceiling. Behind them hovers silently a pterodactyl, which seems to be flapping its wings in slow motion. The man turns his head, looking directly at me. His features are obfuscated, as if hiding in a shadow, but I can feel his eyes on me.

Without taking his stare away from me, him and the other creatures slowly approach the doorway into the kitchen. My mom either doesn't know what is happening or they aren't even there. The shadow man digs his hand into the slugs side, pulling out a handful of slime. He looks at it for a second, then hurls it onto my left ankle. All of a sudden, my foot in unable to move and stinging pain shoots into my leg. I try to scream in horror, but now the world feels as thick as water and nothing but silent air comes out of my mouth.

My mother sees what has enveloped my foot and rushes to try and get it off. In my pain and confusion I can't seem to do anything but imagine how painful it must be on her hands grabbing the sludge and throwing it. The shadow man, again, takes a handful of slime, this time throwing it on my moms ankle. The creatures started creeping toward us when I was able to run to the back of the kitchen.

The other side of the refrigerator is a door to the little laundry room. I rush in there, and go out the door into the garage where I stop and turn around. The next person through the door was my mother, which gives me some relief, but I tend to think it's not over.
© Copyright 2013 Lukamus (lukamus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923288-My-First-Nightmare