*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923113-Sophie-Bard--One-day-as-Luka-Megurine
Rated: · Fiction · Writing · #1923113
A short piece of writing from 2011, acting as a reflection of my thoughts.
I stride through the automatic turnstiles: ahead I can see my train. I quicken my pace in order to catch it, but am foiled by the guards whistle as I trot down the ramp to platform 1C. I slow my pace as the train pulls off. Damn it! I'll have to stay in Leeds for a few more minutes. I make my way towards the glass walled waiting room on platform 1C: Found a seat and placed myself down, after first putting in the adjoining seat: both my guitar and backpack. I brushed aside a strand of my long pink dyed hair, straitened my long black, bronze edged skirt, trying to make sure that the slit down the left side did not leave too much of my leg exposed. I moved my feet, listening to the leather creak in my knee high brown leather boots. I reached into my backpack, grabbing my glasses and deliberated over which book to read whilst I waited for the train to arrive: Higurashi no naku koro Ni book one, or Eric Hobsbawn: the Age of Extremes? I decided upon the manga, one of many that I purchased today at the festival. I pushed back my headphones; fixed my glasses and began reading.

Ahead of me I could see a throng of people make their way down to Clarence Dock, heading towards the Royal Armouries as well as the exhibition hall: known as Savilles Hall. Today was the second day of the convention, or you could say the first proper day of the three day event. I skimmed a view across the crowds. There were quite a few people in normal casual dress, but those were not the only people here. From where I was I glimpsed a few Catwoman costumes, as well as Yuna, Lightning and Zelda cosplayers: that was just a glimpse of the women. There were one or two Star Wars storm troopers, Jedi knights, Warhammer knights and soldiers, 40K soldiers as well as a few Lord Of The Rings cosplayers. I glance to my left: revealing Gene Hunt and Sam Tyler amongst characters present.
"Hey!" a female voice squeaked from next to me.
I turned to see a lady a similar age to me dressed as Miku Hatsune
"Me?" I asked slightly confused.
The girl hugged me tightly "I'm glad there's another Vocaloid here! I would have glomped you had there not been the canal."
I smiled at the recognition; I was here cosplaying as the Vocaloid singer Luka Megurine. To put it more plainly, all Vocaloids are singers: Luka happened to be my favourite and the one easiest to Cosplay as.
I turned to the girl and hugged her back in return.
"Well you half glomped me anyway."
"Sorry." She apologised, backing away slightly
"So: Miku. Who are you really?" I asked.
"Lucy Stephenson." The girl replied, offering her hand. I grabbed her hand and shook it.
"I'm Sophie Bard." I replied.
It was then that Lucy noticed my guitar. "Is that?"
"My guitar: yes. I thought I had best have a prop with me today." I replied.
She nodded in approval.
"That: and I am also doing an open Mic at my university when I get back to halls."
The crowds began to start moving. Lucy walked beside me as I carried my guitar and backpack into the convention area, or more precisely the entire district comprising of the Armouries, Savilles Hall, Bury Theatre and the casino bar.
"Which Uni?" she asked: as we passed the threshold into the hall.
"Leeds Trinity. First year Journalism" I replied

I continued reading my manga. I noticed movement behind me. A train had just parked by my platform. I quickly checked the timetable screen opposite me, lifting my glasses slightly. Yes this was the train that I was waiting for. I picked up my backpack and guitar, transferring to a seat on the scruffy vehicle. I went back to reading.
-Rena is questioning Keiichi about his discoveries. She laughs pleasantly "So it has nothing to do with us…"
-"that's right." Replies Keiichi: stuttering slightly.
I turn over the page to be greeted by a two page colour image spread.
-"You're Lying!" she snarls, her once kind and gentle face, no longer human in the artwork: the words are written down the right in red and white Kanji.
I place the book down for a second as the train begins to move. That scared me. I decided to put the book away into my backpack along with the others until tomorrow. Now what is it I needed to do tomorrow? Oh yes: the twentieth century essay. I watched out of the window as the West Yorkshire Cityscape sped slowly by.
© Copyright 2013 SnowyCragrat (snowycragrat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1923113-Sophie-Bard--One-day-as-Luka-Megurine