*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920314-China
Rated: · Essay · Cultural · #1920314
An essay about China and it's history.
                                            CHINA



    The country I chose to write about is China. It is the third largest country in the world.

It is located in in Asia. It has a population of 1,360.64 million people.

    China has wide, flat plains and high,vast plateaus. 33%  of mountains cover it. It get bitter cold in the winter and reaches a temperature of about 77-80 Fahrenheit in the summer. They get about 6,370 cm of precipitation per year.

      China has a single party government. It is a presidential system. Sixty-nine year old Hu Jinto is the current president. Fifty-nine year old Xi Jingping is the current vice president.

      China ranks first in the farming output. They produce mostly cotton, pears rice, tobacco, and wheat. 300 million farmers are employed in China.

      China is a multi-religion country. Confucianism, Taoism, Christianity, and Catholicism are different religions they practice. Buddhism is a major religion and was brought to China about 2,000 years ago.

      Food in China is different from American food. They eat shark fins, seaweed, frogs, snakes, and sometimes dog or cat meat. They also eat more common foods like rice and vegetables.

      Chinses clothing is basically casual. Sometimes women wear dresses with special Chinese features. A special are in China is White Pottery which began back in the Shang Dynasty.

      The Shang dynasty was located in the lower region of china near the Yellow River. It lasted over 600 years. It was led by 30 different emperors. The Shang rulers thought agriculture was very important. Agricultue and hand crafts grew during the Shang Dynasty.

      Chinese history is long and was recorded by Chinese people themselves. Chinese nomads depended on trade. Chinese rulers played off rival groups called the "barbarians."

      New Years is China's most important festival. During the festival, the do dragon and lion dancing. Another festival they celebrated was QingMing. During that festival, the fly kites and sweeping tombs.

    Ping pong is a major sport in China. They also play badminton, rugby, and golf. They play many sports that are played in America.

    China is very different. They celebrate different holidays and traditions. That makes it an even more exciting place to visit!
© Copyright 2013 rickijcessays (rickijcessays at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1920314-China