*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1913720-Templating-a-Chapter--1
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1913720
I Ttemplated chapter The End of the book Five People You Meet IN Heaven
Templating



Small Chapter: The end




1. Backstory: In my opinion, the entire story is a back story.

2. Character Development: Even in the last minutes of his life shows his character.

3. Scene Setting: This chapter as is much of the book scenes are intermingled and scattered.

4. Exposition that moves the story: minutes until death

5. Dialogue that moves the story: not much in this chapter.

6. Foreshadowing: Meeting the little girl

7. Symbolism: The tittle The End is the beginning of the story.



Backstory: In the first chapter, Eddie is described. This chapter (The End) allows the reader to know how Eddie died.





Character Development: We learn that Eddie is misunderstood by most adults. He is loved by children. And he is giving to those around him. He gave his life to save one.



Scene Setting: First scene is one of Ruby Peir. We have the scene of the children interacting with Eddie. A scene where Eddie gives his co-worker a gift on co-worker's birthday.



Exposition that moves the story: This chapter is moved by the count down to the death of 83 year old Eddie.



Dialogue that moves the story :  The dialog in this chapter is mainly between Eddie and his Co-worker. The conversation tells us that Eddie had not been very many places, and that he likes to fish. Eddie cared for the other worker as family.





Foreshadowing: The meeting of the little girl, about eight years old, gives us a hint that she will be part of the following events.





Symbolism: The End: Introduction of Eddie and the setting. Sets up his death as the introduction and tells the story with the “end” being the “start.” This chapter introduces the little girl that begins it all. It tells us how old Eddie and shows character and work ethics. For Eddie, death is the start of his journey in heaven.

© Copyright 2013 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1913720-Templating-a-Chapter--1