*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1912292-Ilorin-where-memories-abound
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bucee
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Experience · #1912292
I am writing this short story following an encouragement from a friend; my mentor.
    "Busayo", she cried out again. I watched her from the top of the orange tree. She did not know I was up there and I did not bothered to alert her to that fact. Mothers are always tiring. It's like when they give birth to you, they have reproduced a slave. No one was going to take me away from this spot. There is something about the serene atmosphere of Ilorin that touches my soul. I could feel the soft kiss of the evening breeze on my cheeks.

    Magenta strolled out of my neighbour's house. I smiled. I never knew cats had personalities until I got to Ilorin. Magenta was this cool, calm, snow-white cat. He carried himself with so much poise and  elegance, it was hard not to  fall in love. I watched him walk gracefylly accross the compound until he found a perfect spot. Licking his paws like he had no care in this world. I guess he doesn't. My dad is going to back soon, I better go and have my bath.

    "There you are you this naughty child. Didn't you hear me call your name". Oops! I have been spotted.I looked back at the mango tree just before walking into the house. "Don't go away", I said. How ridiculous! Can trees walk?
© Copyright 2013 Bucee (busayol at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1912292-Ilorin-where-memories-abound