*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898360-Hunter-x-Girl
Rated: E · Chapter · Fanfiction · #1898360
A fun twist to the Anime Hunter x Hunter-how will Gon handle a sister/bodygaurd?
BEFORE YOU READ: Please understand that this peice of work is for me while I'm stuck with my main story, Bearer of the stars. If you like my work, I'm lattered, but this is not my best. this is simply fun. so minor spelling and capitalization errors are not a big worry for me.

I do not own Hunter x hunter or any of the charactors exept Aamira.
Please enjoy!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Aamira watched the scene below her, eyes focused on the young black-haired boy. After all, it wasn't everyday someone wandered into the Fox-bears territory.

As Aamira had expected, A roar signalled the presence of the rare, but ferocious, beast. rising onto it's hind leg, It scolded the boy for coming into this area.

Aamiras ears perked as she listened to the male fox-bears words. Oh? something about a pit of danger.....

"Boy!" Aamira narrowed her eyes unhappily, for some ganky blond guy had interrupted the words of the fox-bear. and nowhere was scolding the boy. And she had missed her chance to find somewhere that might have something she could sell for her next meal!

"I don't have a father. or a mother." Now Aamira actually paid some attention to what was happening, a slight twinge of empathy stiring the heart she had thought dead.

"I was raised by my Aunt meto-" Aamira once again tuned him out, instead watching the dead body of the Fox-bear, ears perking as it seemed to move.

it had a cub? Aamira watched the two people, muscles tensing to leap and save the adorably playful bundle of fur should it become necessary. after all, it might know about the cave too. However, it ended up not being worth moving, and the little boy ran forward, scooping the creature into his arms himself.

what was his name again? Gon, right? Aamira noted a slight feeling on importance to the name, but quickly discarded the feeling. he doesn't look much younger than me. maybe a year. at most.

Aamira quietly slipped out of her tree, careful not to slip or make a sound to alert either of the two males in the clearing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - time skip- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm gonna need to get something more to sell soon. Aamira sighed, chewing a tough piece of meat unhappily.

should I try for the cave the fox-bear mentioned or go for something easier? well, maybe at least see if the cub if he knows where the cave is. I like caves. nodding her head, Aamira glanced up at the sky, remembering the scene from the day before, standing, and then gracefully gliding into the forest, with only the slightest snif f her nose to indicate the fact she was tracking the cub by scent.

"there you are!" Aamira exclaimed softly, spying the cute little thing hidden under a bush. stepping closer, Aamira paused at the sound of voices.

"Take the hunter exam when you turn 12. until then, do whatever you want."

hunter exam? whats that? Will I get food? might be fun. 12....that boy looked about 10, so in two years, I'll get a chance to hitch a ride with him. cool. in the meantime.....

"come here little cub! I have a question for you." Aamira then translated her words into the soft whuffling speech of the fox-bears. "I wanted to know where the cave is. your pa mentioned it. care to tell me?" Grrrruffle snif. yip?

The cubs ears perked and he responded, his much higher childs voice hard to understand.

Rrryip. grugle yap. "the caves just under that tree there. if your not careful, you'll fall, the ground is slippery."

Aamira thanked the little cub-whose name she learned was Conta-and stretched, shoulders creaking. she stiffened as a hand rested on her shoulder, and she peered upward to look into the face of the Blondie with the little boy. Aamira was relieved to see that the boy was't there, as she sprang backward, crouching and hissing. it wouldn't do for any of the villagers to see her like this.

"I thought I heard someone over here. but your just a kid. what're you doing in fox-bear territory girl?" Aamira growled, hands positioned to attack.

"It's not one bit your business." Aamira twitched slightly as the cub-conta-whimpered unhappily at the impeding violence.

"well, I suppose not, but that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore someone out here alon-"

"i'm not alone! besides, even if I were, I can handle myself. I don't need some pansy watching my back."

"pansy? girl, I'm a hunter. do'ou know what that means?"

"nope, and don't much care. heard you talking to that boy about it though." Aamira let a smirk pass over her face at the temporary look of astonishment of the guys face,

"I could use a slip. I wanna do something fun like that too." Aamira slowly straightened, muscle loosening. "so can I?"

*********2 years later**********

"thank miss." Aamira gave a small bow to show her appreciation of the food she had just been handed.

her long white hair swept the floor, her light lilac eyes were closed as she smiled.

It was a fake smile of course, the one she always used. it was the only smile she knew anymore. nothing brought her joy, just a desire to live. preferably to live well.

Aamira lost herself in memory of the time she had found that funny little boy while she chewed on a slice of bread. it was several months after the fox-bear incident, and Aaira had finally drudged up the time and motivation to explore that cave. the boy-who she later learned was named Gon-had apparently seen her, and followed her in. thereafter, the two ended up figuring the way to the center and then back out.

Aamira grinned at the memory. the little trinkets hidden there had sold for enough that she had treated herself to a decent meal for a change. unlike the simple bread and cheese she was eating now.

"Aya!" Aamira broke out of thoughts long enough to wave to gon and trotted to his place in a a tree. he was sitting with a bush in front of his face, wearing green cloths as usually, his black spiky hair even more unruly than usual.

"Hey Gon. still fishing? I can help if you want." Aamira offered, thinking about how much food a fish that size would supply her with.

"No thanks Aya. I have to do this myself." while the words were so completely Gon, Aamira still dreamed of the mouthwatering food.

"Alright. Then I'll just keep you company." Aamira sat, keeping herself out of view of the lake. "um, you know Gon, I'v said this before, but Aya's not my real name. It's Aamira remember?"

"ya, I know. but Everyone else thinks your name is Aya, and call you that, so I think I should too." Aamira sigh again, closing her eyes for a nap.

"I got him!" Aamira startled awake, blinking her eyes in confusion. I fell asleep? who caught what? whats going on? Aamira asked herself, eyes darting about in sudden apprehension.

"I got him Aya, I got him! the master of the lake!" Gon was yelling about the fish now laying on the beach in front of him.

"Oh I want to eat that," and then louder. "Gon, 'll help you carry it back to the village to show your aunt, ok?" Gon nodded enthusiastically, lifting as much as he possibly could before Aamira helped.

"now we're going to get to be hunters!"
© Copyright 2012 Zanpakuto (gaia168421 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898360-Hunter-x-Girl