*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898106-Bearer-of-the-Stars
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1898106
With no memory, Aila must discover how to save her new friends.
The silence was that of death, and, though battles raged outside the window, the room was removed, as though nothing outside mattered. Not the death of hundreds, not the screaming of children, nor the flames that were creeping up the side of this very building. No, in fact, none of this mattered to the three occupants of the room, a young man, an older woman, and a child.

The young man had sea-blue eyes, shifting from shades of green to the richest Sapphire. He wasn't tall, no more than 5 1/2 feet, but there was an unmistakable maturity about his figure. Terribly ruffled brown hair fell about the entire picture, covered in ash. Normalcy radiated from him, unusual in a world of war and magic.

The woman, on the other hand, had an even more rugged appearance, and yet, just by being in her presence, one wanted to bow to her. ssh and scorch marks marred clothing and skin, tangles and ash ruined soft flowing black hair, age and hardships caused a stooped figure. None-the-less, the woman was a prominent personage, drawing attention to herself.

However, for all the young man's bright eyes, or the woman's regal air, the child was the most noticeable presence. She (for indeed, is was a girl) already had soft golden hair peaking out the top of the white blanket she was enfolded within. Her eyes were closed in sleep, a peaceful expression on her young face. However, it was none of these things, nor her youth that would draw attention. it was the fact that the child, only a newborn, radiated power to such an extent that even the ash seemed frightened to land on her, not that either of th two adults would allow it anyway.

Quietly, the women and man argued, not wanting to waken the child, but needing to do...something. Anything but sit in that smoky room.

"Take her! ma'am, it might be the only chance! Get her out at least!" this was the young man, trying to remain respectful, but very firm about the best course of action. "I and the others can only hold them so long. Take her to them. The Fae. she'll be safe there-"

"I will not! She will not! The Fae are dangerous, more so than you can imagine Adish! not only that, but by sending her to the Fae, it will open the path...." here the woman trialed off, brow creased in a mixture of worry and fright.

"Your......ma'am. be that as it may, it is the only option." the young man's -Adish- voice was low, resigned. something about it seemed to make the woman age even more, and she finally nodded consent.

"Fine. But, after it is done, I will come back." Her tone broached no argument, and none was forthcoming. Both knew that this night heralded the end of their clan, in one way or another. But, all the same, desperation drove them to make a gamble-a very high gamble, one that they couldn't afford to lose.

Crashing through the already weakened wall, Adish stood to create a barrier that would stave off enemy attacks, for a little while at least. in the meantime, black hair streamed behind the running figure of the woman caring the baby. Toward the forest. The place that no-one was supposed to entire. Those that did, vanished.

Darkness enveloped the two, and a single shadow of an arrow followed. Blood splatter dashed against the forest floor, but not a sound was made. No, indeed, the last movement, sound, or sight the wise oaks and pines saw that night was a blinding flash of light illuminating the wounded form of the woman.
© Copyright 2012 Zanpakuto (gaia168421 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1898106-Bearer-of-the-Stars