*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895598-Reunited-at-Last
Rated: · Other · Other · #1895598
A short story follow up to other story lines-
"Taxi!" Kotomi called, standing in the center of Cili. This place is nowhere as welcoming as Dulcin was... A cab pulled over next to Kotomi and the door was flung open.
"Where to missy?" The suspicious looking driver smiled back at Kotomi through the rear-view mirror. His smile really scared Ko.
"Wherever the last vehicle went..." She sighed, not realizing the last vehicle was not the one that had brought her.
"That's a strange destination, but i'll take you anyways." The driver adjusted the mirror and sped off just as the sun was rising. She turned her head and drifted off to sleep.
~~~
In her dream, Deichi was with her. They were running around at the park.
"Push me 'Ichi!" Kotomi yelled as she hopped onto the swing. He walked over and began to push her. They laughed together until Ko started to cry about getting to high.
"I almost died!" She cried and ran over and flung her arms around him. They continued to play like that until the dark came.
"Lets go home." Deichi stated, throwing his grape bubblegum into a trash bin. As they were heading home, Kotomi turned to tell Deichi something important but she snapped awake.
~~~
When Kotomi looked around, she noticed the cab driver sitting on the taxi, smoking a cigar.
"Took ya long enough. We're here Missy, we been here. Now you best be getting along. Scram!" He got back into the cab.
"Here's the money-" Kotomi dug into her pockets but the cab had already taken off. whatever Ko thought. She turned to look at where she was and gasped when she realized the building wasn't her Master's. In fact, it looked slave free.
"Am i free?" Kotomi couldn't stop the words from sliding off her lips. Tears welled at the bottom of her eyes. Rocks shifted under her bare feet as she ran towards the building. She got to the front door and raised a fist to knock. As soon as her hand made contact, the door was flung open. Kotomi flinched. The person before her was in a straight jacket and had a long disgusting tail.
"Well what do we have here?!" The teenage boy snickered.
"The girl followed us home all the way from the Cili graveyard. Didn't she?!" His tail lashed out at her shoulder and gripped on tightly. Kotomi was pulled inside. She shrieked in pain.
"Relax.." The tailed boy grinned, keeping a tight hold on her injured shoulder were blood was now being squeezed out. A huge red stain formed on her sleeve but the tailed-boy didn't seem to notice. Footsteps could be heard coming quickly from down the hall. A beautiful blonde haired girl raced towards them.
"City!" The blonde haired girl yelled, and somehow she froze him at his feet. Another boy came running down the hall.
"Kat, be careful so he doesn't kill her." These words scared Kotomi and she began to cry and yell for help. City only squeezed harder, causing more blood to surface onto her shirt.
"City, let her go!" The boy yelled. He and Kat came barreling towards City and Ko.
"I said let her go!" He pulled a knife on City and his tail immediately loosened its grip. The two guys stood angrily nose to nose as Kat came over to Kotomi to check her wounds.
"I was just having fun." City shrugged inside his straight jacket.
"Will you be okay?" Kat started dabbing at Ko's wounds.
"You were hurting her City!" The boy snarled.
"Well maybe she shouldn't of followed us from the graveyard..." City said innocently. The boy with the knife turned to Kat and Kotomi. Kat had bandaged Kotomi's wounds.
"You followed us?" The boy asked, seemingly bothered by the realization. Kotomi was speechless as she stared him in the eyes.
"Deichi...leave her alone! City just tried to ki--" Kat stopped as Kotomi made her way towards the boy with the knife. She stared him in the eyes as her own eyes filled with tears.
"Deichi?" She whispered and the boy with the knife nodded.
"Ya..but..no it's David!" Deichi gave Kat and angrily and she backed away.
"David? No Deichi..i know..you..after that man.." Kotomi stopped and was nose to nose with him. City was flicking his tail as Kat stood back.
"Uhm Deichi?" Kat asked in confusion.
"Do you know her?" But before she could get an answer, Kotomi had burst into tears.
" 'Ichi i knew it was you!" She cried out and lept forward, wrapping her arms around his neck and then kissing him. They stood there for a moment, lips locked together. Deichi was so shocked as Kotomi pulled away. All he could say was
"Ko? Is it really you...."
© Copyright 2012 the unspoken one (shilohlove13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895598-Reunited-at-Last