*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895028-Time-A-Blushing-Crusader
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Experience · #1895028
Time-simple things we've lost touch with. The repititious cycle of living the, 'norm.'
Time: A Blushing Crusader



Time a blushing crusader, masked by the routine, the daily rituals of life--that get us sucked up in the mundane. Contentment an eager less word-- our muse (or lack of) that serenades us in the comfort of routine-in the always, instead of the maybe--lacking risk and blind to the extreme-- ignorant of both misery and bliss and without such-wrapped in a black and white world - safely inside the box.



Why is it that people no longer dream, no longer risk--no longer set themselves on the edge -terrified of uncertainty- of vulnerability --too afraid of the undertow and even more so of the ingrained belief that the aftermath will inevitably lead to disappointment. 'Better to have loved and lost,' no longer holds truth or weight--but rather sinks. That anchor holds us steadfast to this grey world.



Too many of us have become tamed and leashed--caught in a our sedentary playgrounds --where the see-saw no longer rises up--but remains grounded- never to view the what else--the could bees’ --the would bee’s--if only we weren't so afraid--of what? Afraid that we may fail--or better yet, we may succeed--therefore held hostage to that success and again living in the constant fear that we may fall. Yet passed the fear or because of it, we are now blinded monkeys without a grasp-- without the knowledge of another realm that calls for our existence. As long as we allow our entity to be imprisoned --unable to breath--barricaded-- we will know not of the freedom that belongs to us. We stay-remain- tackled by societal regress and hold tight to our inhalers- the crutch, the excuse-- that is never called for - yet is used anyways and always.



I too, a hypocrite, am tangled by the strings that guide my malpracticed life. The lawsuit --is that I am neither blind nor ignorant and therefore I have no excuse. Yet I too--am tired---bogged down. I often beg for sleep -to disappear into the subtle ignorance of blinded naiveté--to pretend I know not... Yet stricken, still, I am constantly chastised in my knowing--ironic--sadistic temperance… In this passive voice I mimic-no mock there very passivity I have allowed satiate my false hunger for life for too long. So again, I fall way to the over-analytical buzzing of a mind sentencing its-self for living without life; riding that regimented circle, no square, which I've mapped out only to bang against the angles of my own dismay.



Why can we not break through the maze of utter discontentment - instead we remain in the spoils of our rotting potential.



The time is now-we can no longer hide in that cloud of numb procrastination. Live in the now--believe in yourself. Time is passing and the years seem to be in fast-forward--and life doesn’t come equipped with a pause button-- the moments gone--are now the fuel for our tomorrows--new moments --soon to be our history---



Time a Blushing Crusader



© Copyright 2012 GypsieSoul (gypsiesoul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1895028-Time-A-Blushing-Crusader