*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894124-Two-Worlds-One-Love
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Dark · #1894124
A story told from multiple perspectives; you have to keep track, or you'll get lost!
1

She was running, running through the woods at an incredible speed.  Sarabelle woke up in her room, shivering with sweat droplets on her forehead.  How many times had she had this dream?  It seemed like she had this dream every time she closed her eyes.  She’d had it ever since the night she found out she was psychic.  While no one else knew her secret except her best friend Kayden.  He had always been there for her and he would be now.  She picked up her phone and dialed his number, praying he’d pick up.  When he did, it was in a sleepy voice.  She had woken him up….again.  She hesitated; thinking maybe she should hang up and let him go back to sleep, but before she could hit the end button, he said, “Belle?  What’s wrong sweetie?”  Sarabelle sighed. “I had that dream again Kay…I…I don’t know what to do.”  She waited, hearing him take a deep breath, trying to figure out what to tell her.  “Belle maybe you should tell your aunt about this, she might be able to help.” “NO!”  She took a deep breath to keep from freaking out.  “I can’t tell her Kay.  She’d send me to a mental hospital for sure.”  “I know, I just don’t know what else to tell you.”  She was silent for a few minutes.  “Kay, maybe we should run away together….you know take a break from all of this.”  She didn’t hear his voice on the other end of the line and decided he’d probably fallen back to sleep.  She was about to hit the end button when he sighed.  She paused and waited for him to say something, anything really.  Finally he did, “Belle, you know we shouldn’t do this.”  Ah, she thought, at least he didn’t say no.  He continued talking, “You know your aunt would go crazy.”  She stopped him then, “Aunt Tiffany will be fine.  She probably won’t even miss me.  You know she has that new boyfriend of hers, Donald.”  He sighed again, “Alright baby you win, we’ll leave first thing in the morning.”  She smiled for the first time since waking up from the dream, “Thanks Kay.  I love you.”  “I love you too Belle, now get some sleep please.”  They said goodbye & Sarabelle laid in bed, thinking about what would happen once she got away from this place.  Would the visions stop?  Would they get worse?  She didn’t know, but she was going to find out.  She closed her eyes & drifted off to sleep.


Sarabelle woke up early the next morning .  She literally jumped out of bed & started packing because she was so excited.  It wasn’t until her aunt walked in, half-asleep, that she realized she’d been really loud.  “Sorry Aunt Tiff.  I didn’t realize I was being so noisy so early in the morning.”  Aunt Tiff looked at her funny, “Why are you packing Sara?  Are you going somewhere?”  She sighed, knowing she couldn’t avoid the questions her aunt would soon fire at her.  “Kayden & I are going on a little trip.”  She had been looking at her feet while saying this, but after saying it she looked up to see her aunt, now wide awake, staring at her as if she’d gone crazy.  “And where exactly are you two going young lady?!?”  She sighed.  She really had wanted to avoid all this, if only she hadn’t made so much noise she would have gotten away with it.  “We’re just going to take a road trip Aunt Tiff.  You know, go sightseeing and stuff?”  She tried to look her aunt in the eye, she really did, but all she saw was what her aunt thought.  She turned and started packing again when she felt a hand on her shoulder.  She froze.  Contact was all it took for the visions to start.  She closed her eyes trying to force the images away, but no matter how hard she tried it just wouldn’t work.  She saw her aunt’s thoughts on the matter at hand.  She didn’t trust Kayden as much as she said she did.  In fact, she thought he was pure trouble.  She cringed at that.  Kayden had always been her best friend & she didn’t know what she would do without him.  Sure, he had bad history but he was a good kid and he’d always been there for her if she needed him.  You see, when Kayden was younger his parents abused him more than any human can withstand.  He was beaten & sexually abused throughout his teen years as well & that’s when he turned to drugs & alcohol.  It was one night while he was sitting on the side of the road that the two met.  He was drunk & high, but Sarabelle saw through all that, even without touching him.  She saw that he had a good heart & there was a reason for his acting this way.  They sat on the side of that road through the night, just talking.  It was then that she found out about his past & she realized she was right.  The abuse and neglect had led him to this behavior.  She took his hand, knowing she’d get images of his past, present, & future, and told him she’d help him.  She’d never seen someone smile so big.  She knew beyond a doubt that she’d fallen in love with him that night, but didn’t dare tell him, instead becoming best friends.

Suddenly her aunt was shaking her kind of violently.  She’d been daydreaming again.  “Oh, I’m sorry Aunt Tiff.  What were we talking about?”  Aunt Tiff sighed.  “We were talking about you and Kayden taking a “little” road trip together Sara.”  Sarabelle couldn’t stand being called Sara, but only Kayden knew that.  “I’m sorry Aunt Tiff, but it’s something I have to do.  I have to get away from here for awhile.”  She looked her aunt in the eyes as she said this and then proceeded to finish packing, walk down the stairs, and out the door.  She put her things in her car just as her aunt appeared in the doorway with a resigned look on her face.  “Just promise me you’ll be careful.”  “I promise Aunt Tiff”, she replied knowing she couldn’t keep that promise.  “Alright Sara.  Call me when you get there.”  “Yes ma’am.”  Belle got in the car and backed out of the driveway, the whole time thinking how much she wouldn’t be able to keep her promise and she wouldn’t be able to call and she shouldn’t be doing this, but she didn’t have a choice anymore.  She drove to Kayden’s house, and knocked on his door.  He opened it within seconds.  “Were you waiting at the door Kay?”  He blushed.  “Well, yeah..”  She smiled.  “Well, are you ready to go?”  “Yup, sure am Bellaboo”  She giggled, that was her favorite nickname out of all that he’d given her.  As they walked to her car, Kayden stopped behind her.  She turned and looked at him.  “Kay?  Something wrong?”  He looked like he was about to breakdown into tears.  “I…I just wish they would miss me.”  Her heart broke for him, like it had every time he said something like this.  “Kay…don’t worry about them.  You have me.”  He looked at her so intently that she blushed.  “Yeah, I have you and that’s all that matters to me anymore.”  She shook her head and laughed.  “You’re so full of it Kay.  We’re just best friends.”  They both got into her car and as she was preparing to pull out of the driveway, Kayden leaned over and kissed her cheek causing her to blush.  “What was that for?”  He smiled.  Oh, how she loved his smile.  “Oh, just for being you.”  They rode in silence for a long while until finally Kayden said, “Did I offend you Belle?”  She paused for a moment, “What do you mean?”  “I mean, did I offend you when I kissed your cheek earlier?”  She pulled over on the side of the road and turned to look him in the eyes.  “ Kayden, you’ve never offended me in our long friendship and I doubt that’ll change now.”  He looked out of the window.  Sarabelle wondered what he was thinking about.  He looked back at her,  “I’m thinking about you Belle.”  Her breath caught in her throat, “Did I say that out loud?”  “No…there’s something I haven’t told you.”  Belle froze.  She didn’t know what he was talking about,  “Uhmmm, okay?”  He paused, trying to find the right words, “Well, you see Belle, there’s another reason I use to drink and do drugs.  It wasn’t just because of what my parents did to me, although that was a large portion of it.”  Sarabelle looked at him, “I…I don’t understand.”  “I guess that’s my fault.  Belle, I can read people’s minds.”  She started freaking out.  Did he know how she felt?  Could he hear her thoughts right now?  She looked at him, “So, uh, what does that mean?”  He half-smiled, “That means I can tell what most people think all of the time.”  She looked at the time, “We have to get going or we’ll never make it to the cabin before dark, but we’re going to continue this conversation there, okay?”  “Okay Bellaboo..”  Kayden looked out of the window the rest of the way to the cabin and he remained quiet, which to be honest was perfectly okay with Sarabelle for she wasn’t sure of what to make of what he’d just told her.

2

They reached the cabin right at nightfall and unpacked the car.  As they were settling into the cabin, they realized they had a problem they had not thought of.  There was only one bedroom in the cabin.  Sarabelle tried not to think about that just yet, instead she walked up to Kayden, “Can we talk?”  He grimaced, “I guess now’s as good a time as any.  Let’s go sit on the couch.”  They proceeded to walk to the couch and then sit at opposite ends.  “Are you afraid to sit by me now Belle?”  “No, I just don’t know what to think about all of this right now.”  He stared at a spot over her head, purposely not looking her in the eyes, “Well, ask away darlin’.”  Sarabelle sat silent for a moment, debating on what to ask, “Well, what did you mean by you can read “most” people’s minds?”  Kayden stated bluntly, “I can read everyone’s mind completely, but your’s.  I only get short, inadequate things from your’s.”  Sarabelle breathed a sigh of relief.  Kayden looked at her for the first time during this talk, “You know, it actually sucks because I don’t know how you truly feel about me.”  “Kay, you know how I feel.”  “No, I know what you’ve told me.  Nothing more.”  She paused.  Should she tell him the truth?  No, that would only make things awkward between them.  Kayden was watching her; she could feel his eyes upon her.  She looked up and met his gaze.  “Belle…”  Kayden looked nervous.  What was he going to say?  “Belle, I…I love you.”  Sarabelle’s mouth dropped open and she was speechless.  “What did you just say?”  Kayden gulped, “I said, I love you Sarabelle Ann Carter.”  She blushed and then started crying.  Kayden started panicking, “Belle?  Belle?  I didn’t mean to upset you.  I’ve wanted to tell you for a long time now…I just didn’t know how.”  Sarabelle looked up at him with tear filled eyes, “Kay, I’m not crying because you upset me, I’m crying because I never thought I’d hear you say that and the truth is, I love you too Kayden Van Williamson.”  They both stared at each other for a long minute.  “Do you really Belle?”  “Yes, I really do.”  She smiled and wiped her eyes.  Kayden leaned towards her and kissed her softly on the lips.  Sarabelle was shocked at first and then kissed him back.  When they broke their kiss, they were both smiling.  Sarabelle then heard her stomach growl and she realized they hadn’t eaten since lunch.  “Kay, are you hungry?”  “Yeah babe, now that you mention it, I am.”  Belle got up and made her way back to the kitchen, Kayden following right behind.  “What do you want to eat?”  Kayden smiled and kissed her on the nose.  “Anything you fix is perfectly fine with me.”  She giggled, “Well, okay then.”

While Sarabelle was cooking lunch for them, Kayden took the time to watch her and reminisce about the first day they met.  He’d been on the verge of committing suicide.  Thinking back on that day now he realized how different his life would’ve been without his bellaboo.  He smiled at the nickname he’d given her; he loved how it made her smile.  He remembered the day they met by things which Sarabelle had told him.  He’d been high and drunk and didn’t remember a thing.  At the time drinking and getting high seemed to be his only option to escape the cruel world in which he lived.  Until the day he met Sarabelle, Kayden wasn’t sure he was meant to be in this world.  All of his life his parents had hit him and each other.  When they weren’t hitting him, they were using him for their own sexual perversions.  Even before he realized he could read minds, he’d known they didn’t care for him.  He was never meant to be born; they’d bluntly told him that one night.  He’d gone into his room and cried until the sun came up.  Who are you if you don’t have someone to love you?  After that night, he’d turned to drugs and alcohol.  The pain of being trapped in a home where you’re not wanted and you’re used constantly isn’t appropriate for any child growing up.  On top of everything going on at home, he now knew he could read other people’s minds and he knew their problems and emotions.  His new “gift” added even more stress to him and when he drank it dulled his senses so he couldn’t sense others.  He’d always been a loner; when you’re abused, you tend to not trust people easily.  When he’d found out he could read other people’s minds he’d become even more of a loner than before, preferring to stay alone than deal with other people’s pain.  He stared at Sarabelle for what seemed like hours.  She’d been the one to turn his life around.  The night she sat with him and listened to him spill his guts, he’d fallen in love with her.  At that time, though, he didn’t realize it.  He slowly got up from where he’d been sitting and made his way to stand behind Sarabelle.  He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek.  She turned to face him and they just stared into each other’s eyes for what seemed like an eternity.  Slowly, Kayden leaned towards her and kissed her softly on the lips.  He felt her smile against his lips and he smiled back and whispered, “I love you.”  He watched her blush.  “I love you too Kay.  Why don’t you go shower while I finish cooking?”  “Will do babe.”  He grinned and made his way upstairs to the bathroom.  Kayden went to the bedroom first and grabbed a pair of his boxers and then made his way to the shower.

Sarabelle stood in the kitchen, cooking lunch and thought about all that had happened today.  She smiled when she heard the water turn on upstairs and tried not to think about him being in the shower.  She’d noticed he’d been staring at her while he was down here and it made her blush.  She’d never get tired of him or the way he said he loved her.  She started to worry about what they were going to do about there only being one bed.  She blushed as thoughts ran through her mind.  She could offer to sleep on the couch, but knowing Kayden, he’d already moved his stuff down to the living room.  She froze as she heard the water turn off in the bathroom and started to fix their plates for lunch.  She’d prepared his favorite meal.  She put the plates on the table and lit a candle in the middle of the table.  She smiled to herself and heard Kayden coming downstairs.  She turned towards the door just as he was walking through it.  She froze and her heart felt like it’d stopped.  She’d never seen Kayden like this.  He was just wearing boxers, nothing else.  She tried not to blush, but she saw him smiling so she knew she was already blushing.  “I, um, fixed your favorite.”  He walked over to her and kissed her again.  Oh, how she loved when he kissed her!  He whispered, “Thank you Bellaboo.  Do I make you uncomfortable like this?”  She froze.  He was worrying about her being comfortable?  “No, actually I love seeing you like this Kay.”  He was blushing.  No one had ever told him that before, she knew.  For the first time all day, she pulled him close to her and hugged him tight.  “I love you Kayden.”  “I love you too Bellaboo.”  She smiled, “Are you hungry?”  “Why, yes I am.”  She watched him as he pulled out a chair for her and she sat down.  He walked over to his seat and sat down.  They ate in silence, each occupied by their own thoughts.  Sarabelle finally spoke up, “Kay, where are we going to sleep tonight?”  He looked up, “Well, I was thinking you could sleep on the bed and I could sleep on the couch?”  She was quiet for a few moments, “Kay, I don’t want to sleep far away from you.  Is it okay with you if we just both sleep in the bed?”  She started worrying when he didn’t answer.  “I don’t mind that at all baby.”  She smiled and they finished their lunch.  Sarabelle watched as he got up and gathered the dishes and put them in the sink.  She smiled, “What do you want to do now baby?”  He turned to her and smiled, “Well, I have something I want to show you.”  He walked over to her and intertwined his fingers with hers.  They then walked upstairs so he could show her what he’d wanted to.

Walking upstairs seemed to take forever to Sarabelle.  She didn’t know what to expect and she was trying her best not to visibly shake.  You see, after Kayden quit drinking and getting high, she couldn’t sense things from him.  It seemed he had a barrier that normal people did not; she knew why now.  It seemed to her that his ability to read people’s mind was his barrier, just as her ability to see visions stopped him from being able to read her mind.  They reached the top of the stairs and Kayden told her to stay right there.  She started to panic.  What was he doing?  What did he want to show her?  She wandered at the top of the stairs aimlessly, waiting on Kayden to come back.  It seemed he was taking forever.  She took a deep breath and sat on the top step.  No sooner had she sat down that hands covered her eyes.  A moment of panic overwhelmed her until she heard Kayden chuckling behind her.  She got up carefully and turned to face him.  He didn’t look any different.  He lightly kissed her cheek and held her hand as they made their way to his “secret” destination.  She looked around and wondered what all of this could be about.  As soon as they neared a doorway Kayden told her to close her eyes.  She did.  She didn’t know why or when it started, but she trusted Kayden with her life.  Holding his hand, she let him lead her out onto a balcony of some sort, or she assumed it was a balcony because she felt sun on her face.  Kayden stood beside her and told her to open her eyes.  When she opened her eyes, she was shocked to see a beautiful garden down below.  Every type and color imaginable was planted there.  It seemed to go on forever and she gasped when she saw, in pink roses, the shape of an S.  She looked at Kayden, “Did you do this?”  He blushed.  Before he even admitted it, she knew he had.  The question was, how?  She smiled and stood close to him, causing him to stiffen.  She giggled, “Kayden, thank you, but how did you do this?”  “Well, you know that week I was gone in April?  I came here and planted these.  I was hoping to one day have the courage to show you how much I care about you.”  She saw the blush rising to his cheeks even more.  He was so cute when he blushed.  “Kay, I love that you did this for me, but you didn’t have to.”  He smiled, “I know, but I wanted to.  You’re my everything Belle.”

He saw her falter when he said those words.  She looked confused and scared.  He felt awful.  Why had he said that?  Now was not the time.  She spoke so softly that he could barely hear her, “Kayden, I don’t know what to say…”  He took her hand in his and looked her in the eyes, “You don’t have to say anything. Sometimes silence speaks louder than words.”  She looked away from him then and it concerned him.  He turned her face back towards him gently and saw she was crying.  He was shocked and scared.  Had he done or said something wrong?  He started to apologize when she cut him off, “Kay, I’m not use to this.  I come from a family that could care less about me.  My mom and dad left.  My brother went to stay who knows where and I got stuck with Aunt Tiff who doesn’t understand me.”  She started crying harder and he didn’t know what to do so he pulled her in his arms and held her tightly.  “Everything’s going to be okay now Bellaboo.  I’ll protect you and be here for you no matter what.  Nothing and no one is going to take me away from you.  You’re my world and my…”  He paused for a second.  She looked up at him with her blue eyes that took his breath away every time.  “Soulmate?” she whispered, almost inaudibly.  He paused, then looked into her eyes, “Yes, my soul mate.”  He leaned in to kiss her and she slid her arms around his neck.  Their kiss was one of raw passion and need.  When they broke the kiss, he led her back inside and they snuggled on the couch watching TV.  The entire time he didn’t pay attention to the show, instead trying to read some of her thoughts but she had them tightly concealed from him.  He nudged her lightly, “Babe, don’t you need to go take a shower?”  She giggled and joked, “Do I stink or something?”  He blushed and quickly tried to fix what he had said, “No, no…I…”  “Kay, I know what you meant.  I was just joking.”  She kissed him lightly on the cheek and got up to go.  “I won’t take long.”  “Take all the time you need baby.”  They smiled at each other and Sarabelle disappeared upstairs to shower.

3

Sarabelle made her way upstairs trying to hold herself together.  She reached the top of the stairs and had to sit down for a minute.  He’d done all of it for her.  Did this mean she could trust that he’d never leave?  All of her life she’d been left by the men in her life.  All of her family, her friends, her ex-best friend…who’s to say he’d be any different?  She got up slowly and made her way to the bedroom.  She collapsed on the bed with tears streaming down her face.  She loved Kayden.  She always had, but this was something serious.  Could she risk her heart and soul on him?  But, wait, hadn’t she already made that decision?  She gathered her clothes and packed them in her suitcase.  Tonight, she was going to leave here.  Kayden could stay and fend for himself.  He didn’t really care about her.  She tried to convince herself of this and almost did until she found the letter he’d written to someone.  She picked it up off of the floor and started reading:

“Mom, I’ve met someone who’s changed my life.  She’s my other half and I love her more than the air I breathe.  She showed me what love is and opened up my heart.  I know you’ll never read this, and if you do you won’t care, but you’re my mother and I’ve always loved you.  I may not have been the perfect son to you, but I tried my hardest.  Sarabelle showed me that it’s okay not to be perfect and that life isn’t horrible.  I love you Mom and I forgive you for everything you’ve done to me…”

Sarabelle stopped reading because the lines were starting to blur from her tears.  He’d written this to his mother; the woman who could care less about him.  She wiped tears away from her eyes and laid the letter down.  She knew she had to talk to him, but first she needed to relax.  She picked out undergarments, a pair of comfy pajama pants, and a camisole then made her way to the bathroom.  She turned on the water and let the tub fill up while she found some bath salts.  She put them in the tub and turned on a radio that was sitting on the toilet.  She smiled to herself as she heard Kayden’s favorite song, “Then” by Brad Paisley, playing on the radio.  She turned off the water, undressed, and got into the warm bath.  She closed her eyes and relaxed listening to the music.

He heard her turn on the radio; he knew she was going to take a long bath.  He’d stressed her out without intentionally meaning to.  He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.  “Why am I so stupid?”  He got up and walked upstairs.  He was going to do something special for her if she’d let him.  He smiled to himself as he went to the bedroom.  He saw everything strung out as if a tornado had hit.  He straightened everything up and then grabbed his wallet.  He made his way to the bathroom and knocked on the door.  “Yes?”  “I just thought I’d tell you I’m going to run to the store to get a few things.  Do you want anything?”  “No, I’m fine Kay.  Thanks anyway.”  He heard hesitation in her voice.  That would change tonight.  He made his way downstairs and grabbed the keys.  He knew she’d like what he was planning.  He walked outside.  The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day; this was a good sign.  He made his way to her car and got in.  He drove to town slowly and enjoyed the time alone.  Kayden got to the store and parked the car.  Was he really ready to do this?  Yes, he was.  He got out of the car and walked in the store.  Looking around he saw all kinds of things that made him think of Sarabelle.  He picked out rose petals, candles, and some romantic music.  When he paid for these items, the cashier winked at him.  “Got something planned for tonight, young man?”  He blushed, the man was much older than him.  “Yes sir.”  The old man smiled, “Just be careful son.”  “Yes sir, I will.”  He got the bag and made his way back to Sarabelle’s car.  He felt ridiculous all of a sudden.  What made him think that she’d want to be with him in that way?  He was tainted, she was pure.  He grimaced and made his way back to the cabin.

Sarabelle had been relaxing when he’d knocked on the door.  He’d startled her.  She smiled to herself while she dried off.  He always startled and surprised her.  She looked at the clothes which she had picked out.  “Hmm, maybe I’ll surprise him for once.”  She made her way back to the bedroom and went through her special clothes.  She found just the right outfit, one that Kayden would love.  She picked it up and put it on.  She stood in front of the mirror and admired herself; she always felt so sexy in these outfits.  She smiled and then made her way back to the bathroom to put on her original clothes.  She felt good and excited.  She couldn’t wait for Kayden to get back home.  She went downstairs and turned on music videos.  Dancing around the room and singing very much off-key kept her mind off of more serious matters.  It wasn’t until she heard the door close that she realized she’d been occupying herself for over an hour.  She collapsed on the couch and pretended to be asleep.  He couldn’t know about her plan yet.  She wanted to surprise him for once.  He walked over to her and kissed her forehead softly.  Was that rustling she heard?  What had he gotten at the store?  She fought to keep her eyes closed and her breathing steady.  What was he planning to do?  She heard him walk away and go upstairs.  She sat up and looked around.  Had he left any clues of what he was going to do?  She searched everywhere trying to be quiet.  He hadn’t left a single clue.  She went back into the living room and collapsed on the couch again.  She picked up the remote and flipped through the channels until she found “My Fair Wedding With David Tutera”.  She loved this show so she got settled and watched, keeping her mind off of what Kayden was doing upstairs. 

Kayden had gotten back in about an hour and a half.  When he’d walked in the door, Sarabelle had been lying on the couch with her eyes closed.  He knew she had just been up dancing because he’d seen her through the window.  He smiled to himself.  She was planning something.  He’d walked over to her and kissed her forehead.  Thinking about it now, he guessed she was planning to surprise him with something.  He tried not to think about that as he arranged the rose petals and candles around the room.  He found the CD player and put the CD in.  He smiled to himself and just knew that she would love this.  He walked back downstairs and saw her sitting on the couch.  He made his way over to her and sat down beside her.  She was watching her favorite show.  He pulled her to him and kissed her softly.  “Did you enjoy your bath baby?”  She blushed and smiled, “Yes, I did.  Did you enjoy your trip to the store?”  It was his turn to blush and then smile, “You have no idea.”  They looked into each other’s eyes.  “I have something special planned for us Bellaboo…”  She looked apprehensive, “And what is that Kay?”  Instead of answering her, he pulled her close and kissed her passionately on the lips.  When he pulled back, she looked flustered.  “Do you think we should?”  He gulped, “I love you Bellaboo and I want to show you how much.  I’m not sure you’ll want me though considering I’m tainted.”  She put her hand on his cheek and looked at him, “Kay, I don’t care if you’re tainted in the worst way, it makes you, you.  I love you more because of your imperfections than I ever could otherwise.”  He blushed.  Hearing her say those words clarified all doubts in his mind.  He turned off the television and picked her up.  He carried her upstairs and into the bedroom.  He set her down on her feet and let her look around.  “What do you think Bellaboo?”  She walked around and smiled, “It’s perfect Kay.  Is this what you went to the store for?”  He nodded, “Yeah, it’s what I went to the store for.  I wanted to prove to you how much I really love you.”  He watched her as she moved in front of him.  “I have a surprise for you too Kay.”  He watched her as she pulled her cami and pajama pants off.  Underneath, she had the sexiest outfit on; it was simple, but on her it was exquisite.  She blushed and looked at him, “What do you think Kay?”  He gulped, “You…you’re beautiful Sarabelle.”

After she’d showed him her surprise, Kayden had gently picked her up and carried her over to the bed.  He had laid her on the bed and turned on the music.  She’d smiled and watched him.  He’d gone back to her and laid beside her.  They’d made out while slowly undressing each other and then they’d proceeded to make love in the most passionate way.  He’d held her close afterwards and whispered in her ear that he loved her and she was the most beautiful girl he’d ever met.  They’d fallen asleep in each other’s arms and they’d woken the same way.  That morning after their first night together, Kayden had woken up first and watched Sarabelle as she slept.  When she’d awoken, he’d kissed her softly and asked if she was okay.  She’d smiled and said she’d never felt better.  He’d gotten up then to make her breakfast.
Once Kayden had left the room and Belle knew he was in the kitchen, she broke down in tears.  Had this all been too soon?  While she’d enjoyed last night, she’d had doubts going through her mind the entire time.  Some may say she was wrong, but she really did love Kayden.  She lay crying for what seemed like hours pondering what was going to happen to them now.  Did this mean she was his girlfriend now?  He hadn’t asked her so who was she to say she was.  He’d had many girls like this, just a one night stand.  Oh god, was that what this was?  She had to stop this nonsense right now.  There was no reason she should put herself through this unless he gave her an indefinite reason.  She then rose from the bed and went to the bathroom down the hall.  “Oh dear, I look like hell,” she said to her reflection.  She certainly couldn’t face Kayden looking like she did, so she decided to shower and get freshened up.

He heard her start crying before he made it to the end of the hall.  He didn’t know why, or maybe he did and he wouldn’t admit it to himself.  He’d hurt her.  He’d sworn he’d never hurt her, but he ended up doing it anyway.  What kind of a man does that?  He made his way to the kitchen like he’d said he would and sat down on one of the bar stools with his head hung.  How could he do this to her?  To the girl he loved?  He knew they could never work; none of his relationships ever did.  He carried a deep secret that he’d never shared with anyone, not even Belle.  He couldn’t tell anyone; no one would ever want to be around him.  Kayden glanced at the pager he always wore, which was silent for once, and wondered what his life would be like if he’d never agreed to what he did.  He’d made a mistake even talking to that man, but it was to save his younger sister’s life; he laughed at that now, she’d gotten killed right after he’d signed the contract.  Kayden was a hired assassin and most people he was forced to kill were women.  If he ever broke the contract, the penalty was death, “Maybe that wouldn’t be so bad…” he muttered.  He couldn’t risk telling Belle; it would drive her away from him, and make her a potential target.  Sometimes he wondered how he got so lucky and unlucky at the same time.  He had the girl of his dreams in his reach, but his lifestyle got in the way of that.  He was classified as an ‘outcast’ and a ‘bad boy’.  Sarabelle deserved a prince, and he was the farthest thing from that.  He shouldn’t have made love to her; it was all going to end badly.  Everything in his life had fallen apart until he’d met her on that dark night.  Kayden got caught up thinking about meeting her for the first time, and didn’t notice that she’d gotten up and come downstairs.

4

Sarabelle didn’t bother even walking in the kitchen where Kayden was.  She knew how distraught he was.  Nothing she was going to say was going to change that; she just had to let him cool down.  She decided she needed to get out of the house for awhile.  She needed to go see someone she hadn’t seen in awhile and whom she missed dearly.  She wrote Kayden a short note telling him she loved him and that she’d be back as soon as she could, but not to expect her too soon...she had some catching up to do.

Belle gathered the little bit of things she needed as quietly as she could.  It wasn’t much.  Her purse, of course, and a few extra things.  She brought a towel along with her, her journal, her iPod, and a little bit of extra money which she tucked away in her purse.  She probably wouldn’t need it, but you never know what you’ll need on an outing.  After gathering all of her necessary items, Sarabelle left the note somewhere she knew Kayden would find it easily and quietly left.  She wasn’t going to be driving where she was going.  She didn’t feel the need to.  It wasn’t really that long of a walk, and it was a peaceful place to think and experience the world around you.  Belle stopped for a moment and looked back at the cabin...she didn’t really want to leave him alone, did she?  Oh, what choice did she have now?  Belle whipped back around and marched herself forward berating herself for even turning around.  Kayden was acting like a jerk towards her this morning and she was thinking about him?!  She took a deep breath to calm herself before stepping onto a path that would lead her to her desired location.  This...this is my relaxation zone.  Nothing, and no one, can bother me her.

______________________________________________________________________________

A door closing quietly jolted Kayden out of his stupor.  Being an assassin had its perks, you were always aware of what was going on around you...even when you didn’t realize it.  Kayden grinned mischievously thinking about how he had gotten so many of his victims that way before shaking himself free from that memory.  “No! That’s NOT who I am anymore!”  “You’re not who anymore Kayden Van Williamson?!” a quiet voice asked sternly.  Kayden froze.  He knew that voice and what was coming next was not going to be good.

“Oh, hello Sir...I, uhm, didn’t know you were there.”
“That was the point Kayden”
“Well, why are you here?”
“I have a very important...target...for you...”
“...to kill.”
“Yes Kayden. To kill.  Do you suddenly have a problem with that because you know we have a signed contract that says if you do I can kill you without so much as a blink of the eye?”

Kayden visibly grimaced.  “No Sir.  I don’t have a problem with it.  How soon does it need to be done?”  Kayden knew better than to mention he was here with Sarabelle because that would result in her being taken away from him.  He wouldn’t be able to stand it if that were to happen.  “KAYDEN!”  “Oh...uhm, I’m sorry...what did you say?”  His handler, who had no name other than Sir with a capital  S, growled.  “I said I need this done as soon as possible.  The little brat is becoming a serious thorn in my side and I need her gone!”  “Yes Sir”  Kayden just nodded and looked down.  He knew the drill.  Nod, agree, do as you’re told and you’ll live.  It didn’t work for his sister, but it sure seemed to be working for him.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING JUST SITTING THERE?! GO PACK! YOU LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!” 

Kayden was shocked.  He expected Sir to just deliver the news, which was rare anyway, and leave, but to be expected to leave immediately?  It must be bad.  Kayden shook his head slightly and got up slowly.  Sir shoved him slightly “MOVE KAYDEN!”  Kayden hurried upstairs and packed.  It didn’t take long to pack his things in a bag, but he wanted to take time to write a letter to Belle. 

My Dearest Bellaboo:

I’m sorry that I’m having to write this to you.  I know it’s going to be short and it’s going to leave you with a lot of questions.  Bare with me if you can.  I have to...erm...disappear for awhile.  I’ll be back, don’t worry.  Stay here, if you can.  I don’t want you to go home alone.  We still need to talk about a lot of things.  I just had something important come up that I have to take care of and then I’ll be back.  I love you Bellaboo.  I wish I could answer all of your questions in this short letter, but I can’t because I’m short on time.  I promise I’ll answer anything I can when I return.  Stay safe, please.

I love you,
Kay


Kayden heard Sir fussing downstairs and decided to leave the note laying on the bed.  He ran out of the room, grabbing his bag, and flew down the stairs.  Barely out of breath and ready to leave Kayden said, “Sir, I’m ready.  Where are you?” 

“By the door waiting on your slow ass!  Come on!  We have somewhere to be!” 

The pair left the cabin, and Kayden never saw the note Belle had left for him.
______________________________________________________________________________

No one can mess with me.  No one.  Sarabelle repeated this mantra to herself a few times until her breathing returned to normal.  She then started along the path towards her destination taking in her surroundings.  Everything was so serene and peaceful to her out here.  She smiled knowing exactly why.  Seeing the clearing up ahead she speed up her pace a bit.  You see, in that clearing lay a very special woman to dear Sarabelle.  Her grandmother, Jessica Ruby.  The woman was like a second mother to young Belle and understood her problems.  Sarabelle smiled to herself.  “You still understand my problems, don’t you Mimi?”  She didn’t expect an answer.  She never got one.  She didn’t need one.  She needed the knowledge that she could come here whenever she needed to and talk. 

When she reached the clearing completely Belle laid out the towel she’d brought next to Mimi’s grave.  Before sitting down however, she went around and picked a few random, yet beautiful in their own right, wildflowers and laid them on top of Mimi’s grave.  She smiled, pleased with how it looked.  Then things got serious for Belle.  She sat down next to her Mimi, pulled out her journal, turned some of her Mimi’s favorite music on and began to talk...and talk...and talk.  She talked until she couldn’t anymore.  Sarabelle actually talked so much and so long that she curled up beside her Mimi and dozed off to sleep. 

5

When Sarabelle awoke it was night, and she realized she was hungry.  She gathered her belongings and kissed the top of MiMi’s grave.  “I’ll be back soon MiMi.  I love you.”  Sara started on her journey back to the little cabin where she’d left Kayden.  They needed to talk about some serious things.  She put her iPod earphones in to tune out her thoughts and walked slowly down the path home.  She never heard the man behind her following her. 

Sarabelle reached the cabin in no time and was shocked to see it so dark.  “That’s unusual.  I wonder if Kayden’s asleep or something...”  She walked up to the door and went inside, turning on the lights.  “Kayden!  Are you here?”  No answer.  “Hmmm.  The note’s gone.  Maybe he’s asleep.”  Sarabelle knew he’d worry if he hadn’t of read the note so she walked upstairs to the room they were sharing and saw a note lying on the bed.  She picked it up with shaking hands and read Kayden’s beautiful handwriting.  “He’s...left?!”  She collapsed on the floor in tears and stayed there for the rest of the evening, falling in and out of slumber.
_____________________________________________________________________________

I was given a mission from Sir.  He’d seen some note on the door when he went to get that bastard Kayden.  He was shacking it up with some girl.  ‘Sarabelle’.  Pfft, what kind of name was that?!  Anyway, I was charged with following her and reporting back to Sir everything she did.  I wasn’t to be seen or heard though.  My specialty.

As soon as the brat went upstairs and discovered Kayden’s note she’d collapsed.  I was pleased and slipped out to call Sir.  He’d want to know what had happened since he’d left with that bastard Kayden.  Kayden always got the good jobs....killing girls.

The phone rang a few times before Sir answered.

“Yes X, what is it?”
“Hello Sir, the subject collapsed in a heap of tears upon finding Kayden’s note to her.”
“KAYDEN LEFT A NOTE?!”
“Oh...uhm, I assumed you knew...it was lying on the bed upstairs.”
“Get it immediately and make sure we are NOT compromised X or I’ll have your life.”
“Yes Sir”

He hung up immediately and I glared at the phone.  This was going to be a long mission.
______________________________________________________________________________

Sarabelle awoke curled up in a ball on the floor, the crushed up note at her feet.  She left it where it lay and headed to the bathroom.  She needed a hot shower to feel alive again.  She felt unusually groggy and something felt...off.  She reached the bathroom, flipped on the light and looked at herself in the mirror.  “Oh.My.Lord. I look like a freaking zombie.  I definitely need this shower.”  Sarabelle immediately stripped never feeling the presence of X nearby watching her.  Her grogginess was making her abilities very dull and senseless.  They were still there, mind you, but she just couldn’t pick things up as easily because she was so focused on herself, and she was drained.

Sarabelle practically jumped in the shower and turned it on full blast.  She let out a small shriek when the hot water hit her sensitive skin.  She’d been in the dark bedroom crying for who knew how long.  She proceeded to wash herself, and truth be told she started to feel better.  Once the hot water started to turn cold, Sarabelle knew it was time to get out.  She turned off the shower and grabbed a towel from the cabinet, wrapping it around herself.  She’d dry off and then go find something to wear.  Sarabelle took off the towel and dried herself off.  She then took the towel and wrapped it back around herself.  She wasn’t concerned about covering herself really because she was home alone, but now that she felt better she was feeling...odd, like someone was watching or following her every move.  Little did she know X was doing exactly that.

Sarabelle made it back to the bedroom and found something to wear.  She didn’t put on anything dressy, there really was no need to.  So, she chose to wear a loose t-shirt and sweatpants.  She brushed the tangles away from her face and realized for the first time how hungry she was.  Deciding it was time to put some food in her stomach, Belle made her way downstairs to the kitchen.
______________________________________________________________________________

I watched her from my secret place.  I didn’t think she knew I was here, but I couldn’t be sure.  There was something...odd about her.  Just like there was something odd about that bastard Kayden.  He’d always known what we were thinking growi... “NO! I won’t think about that!”  I admonished myself a little too loudly.  I hoped Sara? was that her name?...anyway, I hoped she hadn’t heard me.  Sir was already mad about the note.

X walked over to the girl’s room and picked up the crumpled note.  He recognized Kayden’s handwriting.  He’d seen it enough when they were younger.  He read over and rolled his eyes.  Typical Kayden.  He slipped outside to call Sir at once.  Sir picked up on the first ring.

“Yes X?”

“We’ve not been compromised.  Kayden just told the girl he loved her and that he was leaving.  Nothing mentioned about where he was going or with whom.”

“Good...good.”

“Everything alright Sir?  You sound distracted.”

“What?  Yes, everything’s fine.  Mind your business and tend to the girl.  She may be of use later.”

“Yes Sir.”

He hung up without saying goodbye as was protocol.  X slipped back into the house and placed the note on the floor.  He turned just in time to see Sarabelle behind him, but he didn’t have enough time to react as she knocked him out.

6

“WHO ARE YOU?!” Sarabelle shrieked.

The brat had him tied up in a chair with duct tape over his mouth.  Quite comical really.  She expected an answer yet he could only grunt responses if he wanted to make a sound.  Instead, he stayed silent.  They glared at each other for what seemed like hours.  X noticed the deep color of the girl’s eyes and the shape of her body.  He could feel parts of his hard exterior melt away just being around her and immediately knew why Kayden loved her. 
______________________________________________________________________________

While she was downstairs Sarabelle had felt a prickling sensation.  She ran back upstairs thinking perhaps it was Kayden coming home, and she hadn’t heard him.  When she reached the bedroom there was a stranger in there holding Kayden’s note to her.  Now, Sarabelle’s no stranger to protecting herself.  Kayden had taught her a few things, so while the stranger still had his back turned and didn’t know she was there Sarabelle went on the attack.  As soon as he turned around she struck knocking him out instantly.

When he awoke she had him so childishly rigged up it was comical.  She shrieked at him and then realized she probably looked stupid.  How could he answer with the duct tape over his mouth?  So, she ripped it off hoping to see him suffer.  To her disappointment, he didn’t.  Not even a little bit.  She growled internally and resumed questioning.

“Who are you?  What do you want?  How long have you been here?  Where’s Kayden?  Do you know him?”

The stranger just stared at her with beautiful hazel eyes that hide a world of pain.  When he finally spoke he said, “How long do you have?”  Sarabelle wanted to slap him...this was going to be a long process.
______________________________________________________________________________

I smirked.  She’d asked too many questions, and I was a smartass.  It’d pissed her off too.  I loved that.  She was kind of cute when she was mad.  Now, if I could just convince her to let me out of the duct tape contraption....

“Hey...you...”
“My name’s Sarabelle!”
“Right.  If I promise to answer your questions will you let me out of this contraption.  It’s quite uncomfortable.”
“Oh, uhm, you won’t go anywhere will you?”
“No.  I won’t.  I’ll answer your questions.”

He was lying through his teeth about answering the questions, but he wanted out of the chair and it worked.  She let him out.  “Now, for the first question...who are you?”  “I’m X.”  She laughed.  “Seriously?! X?  You couldn’t come up with anything better?”  “You asked for my name and that’s it.  Do I need to leave?”  She paled.  I had control again.  I loved it.  “I’ll tell you all about your boyfriend if you kiss me one time.”  If it was even possible she paled even more, but she leaned forward slightly.  She was truly a beautiful creature...too bad she’d probably have to die.  I placed my lips upon hers and kissed her hard.  She responded and then recoiled.  “Okay, you got what you wanted.  Now tell me.” 

“Well, it all started when we were kids...”

7

Kayden crouched behind a boulder and watched the girl.  Her name was Anna, and she was one of Sir’s former “playmates.”  She’d gotten smart, or perhaps stupid, and decided she’d had enough.  Little did she know that no one got away from Sir alive.  Kayden knew that for sure, his sister had been a playmate of Sir’s and she’d ended up dead.  He sighed inaudibly.  He was here because this girl had made an unwise choice.  He just hoped Sarabelle was safe.

The young girl he was charged with watching right now was taking care of a garden.  She reminded him a lot of Belle, which meant this would be a hard kill, but he didn’t have a choice.  Sir’s orders were Sir’s orders.  No one questioned him, or at least no one did and lived.  So her he was watching Anna bending over tending to the garden waiting on a call from Sir with further instructions and wondering what his Bellaboo was doing.

At promptly 1PM Kayden’s phone buzzed.  He knew better than to let it ring more than once so he immediately picked it up and walked quietly out of earshot of the young Anna.

“Hello Sir.”

“Kayden.  How’s your mission going?”

“Very well Sir.  I’ve been watching the girl and waiting on further orders from you.”

Kayden kept his voice emotionless.  The way he knew Sir wanted him to be.  He’d cry and fall apart later.  He knew from reading Sir’s thoughts that he was Sir’s favorite and as long as he remained that he’d stay alive.  He needed to stay alive...if only for Sarabelle.

“Kayden, your orders are to torture the girl.  Make her regret ever leaving me!”

Kayden gulped silently.  This was going to be harder than he thought. 

“Did you hear me Kayden?!”

“Yes Sir.  Shall I kill her too?”

“Of course.  Why do you ask such mundane questions?”

“I’m just double checking Sir.  I don’t want to displease you in any way.”

“Good...good.  Well, get to it.  You have one week to complete the mission.  If you don’t, I’ll have X take care of your girlfriend back home.”

Kayden paled immediately.  How the HELL did he know about Sarabelle?!  He’d made sure to cover his tracks and protect her to the best of his abilities! 

“Kayden...are you there?  Did you hear what I said, or should I call X and have him kill the girl now?”

“NO!” Kayden screamed and then immediately realized his mistake.  He’d given Sir the exact reaction he wanted.  “I’ll handle things here like I always do Sir.  Don’t worry about anything and please don’t harm Sarabelle.  She’s innocent.”

“Oh, but my dear boy.  The innocent ones are the ones I love the best.” 

Sir hung up after that leaving Kayden speechless and staring at the phone.  Now he had no choice.  He had to kill Anna or he’d lose Sarabelle.  He couldn’t risk that...no, he wouldn’t risk that.

8

Sarabelle watched X with expectant  eyes.  He’d promised to tell her everything and all he’d said was “Well, it all started when we were kids...”  What kind of start is that?  He’d just left her hanging and he was enjoying it!  She could see the smug look on his face and she wanted to slap it right off.  Alas, she couldn’t.  He knew Kayden somehow...was linked to him in some way...and would eventually tell her how.
______________________________________________________________________________

I loved making her feel uneasy.  It was fun to tease her with just the bit of information and then withhold the rest.  It was driving her crazy.  She looked like she was ready to hit me at any minute.  I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and made a move to answer it.  She shrieked, “What are you doing?!”  “I’m just getting my phone babydoll.  Chill out.  It’s probably my boss calling and he hates waiting.”  She smirked this time.  “Give me the phone.”  I held it out to her thinking perhaps she’d talk to Sir and he’d order me to FINALLY kill her.  No such luck.  She threw my phone against the wall...and it broke. 

“BITCH!  Now I’m going to be killed!  Don’t you understand?!”  “Well, no I don’t.  Care to enlighten me?”  She’d tricked me.  That sneaky brat.  I slumped back in the chair.  “Where do you want me to begin?”  “Well, you’d started from when you and Kayden were kids.”  “Right. Listen up then.”

It all started when we were kids.  You see I’m Kayden’s older brother.  Not full-blood brother, just half-brother.  Same mother, different father.  Still a brother none the less.  When I was about 7 and he 3, I was allowed to move into their family home if you could even call it that.  Kayden hadn’t been abused at this point, but he was being scolded a lot and his parents love to drink.  We became close when we were young because we defended each other.  If one got in trouble, the other took up for him.  It was just that simple.

“So what happened that you hate each other now?!”  “Would you shut up and listen?”  “Sorry”

Like I was saying...we defended each other.  When I reached my pre-teen years it started.  The abuse - sexual, physical, and emotional.  I was determined to not let it happen to Kayden too, but I failed there.  One day while I was at school they got to him.  It scarred him for life I believe.  Anyway, I got out as soon as I could and that came in the form of Sir.  Don’t ask because I can’t tell you.  Before I left Kayden and I got into a major argument because I tried to get him to join me, but he refused.  The only reason he later joined was because of our sister, Ruby.  Sir made her one of his playmates and Kayden, being loyal and protective, had to join to protect her.  That’s where things turned sour.

You have to understand something.  Kayden was only 15 when he joined Sir’s service and I was 19.  He was naive.  Ruby was 12 and he wanted to get her away from Sir.  Who wouldn’t?  But, once you’re in Sir’s service you don’t leave without getting killed.  Kayden thought he could find a way around this.  I tried to talk to him.  I TRIED.  He refused to listen and signed a damn contract with Sir.  Our sister was killed BECAUSE of him.  To this day I hold him accountable for her death.  If she’d just stayed in Sir’s service, she’d have been fine!  So, if you’re wondering why we don’t speak now or why I act like I hate him now you know.


“So now you know the whole story brat.  Or most of it.”

“Don’t call me brat! My name’s Sarabelle!”

“Sorry...Sara”
______________________________________________________________________________

Sarabelle ingested all of the new information she was just told by X.  She wasn’t sure how much of it was true.  Could she trust this guy?  There was no telling.  Did Kayden really have a secret life she didn’t know anything about and her psychokinesis didn’t pick up on?  What the hell?!

9

I sat watching the girl.  The way her face changed from disbelieving to burning mad.  There was a passion there I’d never seen before in my life.  How could I be so fascinated by this one creature when I’d seen so many just like her killed?  I’d even helped hunt some of them down!  I was a horrible person and was okay with it, but this...this creature...this girl was fascinating me in the most intriguing way. 

There was something strange about this girl.  She refused to lay a hand on me.  I don’t know why.  Was it me?  “Hey...uhm...Sara?”  “Yeah?”  “Since I’ve answered your questions I think you should answer one of mine.  Why won't you touch me?”  She paled.  Why did she do that?  “Oh...uhm...I’m just cautious of stranger is all...”  She was lying and I knew it.  I’d always been told I was a human lie detector and now that very trait was coming in handy.  “You’re lying.”  Her head shot up and she looked...angry and...cute... “Am I?”  “Yes, you are.  Care to tell me the truth?” 

The look in her eyes after those words left my mouth...it was enough to make even me back off.  Her eyes welled up with tears and she turned away from me.  Now, I have a hard exterior but I cannot see a female cry.  I never have been able to.  I immediately got up from where I was and walked the few steps to her.  “Sara, are you okay?”  I asked laying a hand on her shoulder.  She shot up like a firecracker and raced out of the cabin, slamming the door behind her.  I heard a soft... “Don’t touch me...” as she left. 

There was something seriously wrong with that girl, and I was determined to figure it out.  I decided to take a drastic measure and e-mail Kayden.  He probably wouldn’t respond, but by now Sir had told him I was here so what could it hurt?  He was probably already pissed at his older brother.  I walked out back to the little shed where I’d hidden my satchel containing my laptop.  I knew this cabin had WI-FI because I’d been sneaking out at night to surf the web to keep my mind occupied.  All Sara did was talk in her sleep about Kayden.  From the first night listening I gathered they’d made love already...he was an idiot.  I booted my computer up and logged into my personal e-mail.  The only e-mail Sir didn’t have.  I created a new e-mail and typed Kayden’s address into the To: space. 

Little brother,

How is your mission going?  I’m sure by now you know that I’m here with your girl Sara.  She’s fine.  I haven’t harmed her.  She broke my phone though so Sir is probably going to kill me.  Why are you always such an idiot?!  She knows of our past now...hope you don’t mind.  I told her about Ruby too.  She wanted to know.  She doesn’t know my real name though. 

What’s your new girl like?  Should I mess with Sara while you’re gone?  Perhaps I should fuck her brains out.  I’m sure she’d like me better than you anyway.  Whatever, the point of this e-mail was really to ask why Sara acts like a nut case.  Is she damaged goods?  I don’t want a piece of damaged goods ass. 

X


I read back over the e-mail and hit send with a smirk on my face.  It would surely piss my little brother off.  Who knows, he might even finish his mission early and show up here to “rescue” her.
______________________________________________________________________________

The one touch was all it took.  ONE TOUCH!  Sarabelle had immediately shot up and run outside.  She needed air.  She knew everything now whether she wanted to or not.  He’d told the partial truth about growing up with Kayden.  They were half-brothers and they did have a sister, but the “job” he’d said they had was killing women.  Sarabelle started gagging and vomited up what she’d eaten earlier.

How could her sweet Kayden do something like that?  And it was him that did it!  X was the one who didn’t actually kill the women, he just “helped”.  Sarabelle’s tears streamed down her face as she screamed to the sky, “WHY?!” 

If she ever saw Kayden again....he had a lot of explaining to do!


© Copyright 2012 Joanna Emily (jojobee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1894124-Two-Worlds-One-Love