*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857397-Him
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Aims
Rated: · Other · Other · #1857397
This is a brief rambling of my past relationships and my current relationship...
When I was a teenager, I had a vision of who would be my soul mate. At the time, I believed it would be my then boyfriend, Ben. He was funny, treated me well, and we were together all through high school. As we got older and entered college, we drifted apart. During college I remained single, only going on dates with guy friends, or hanging out with a guy only a couple of times before things ended. After college, I met Mike. He was older and we had so much in common. I thought he was the one. I gave so much to him.... too much. Looking back, we had nothing in common. At least nothing that would make him "the one." After that relationship went bad, I dated a few guys, none of those relationships lasting over a month. I had a profile on numerous dating sites and all the dates I went on from those sites were a disaster. One day I had had it. I was over dating. I was going to take all my profiles from those sites down. I was lonely and I wasn't having any luck. As I got on one of those sites, I noticed I had an email. I debated even looking at the email. I debated on just deleting my profile without reading the email. I finally decided to read the email. The email was from a guy who had just moved to the area. His smile was infectious. He seemed to good to be true, but he wasn't. Eight months later, that man in the profile has become my best friend. He has helped me through so much. He has helped me through the loss of a job and the first anniversary of the death of my grandfather. As a 28 year old, I feel like he has made me step into womanhood and embrace an adult relationship. I no longer question my ability to have a relationship. Even if we were to break up and part ways, I know that he has taught me to love. He's taught me to have hope and for that I am grateful.
© Copyright 2012 Aims (engteach123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1857397-Him