*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856434-hook-us
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by petty
Rated: · Other · Other · #1856434
entry for 'hook us' contest
Musonda is a young and brilliant upcoming football player, who is thrust into the lime light when he starts playing for the all star and premier league champions, Jaguar football club. But with the fame and fortune comes the sense of being invincible. Hence despite being happily married to the mother of his little daughter, Musonda embarks on an illicit affair with Sandra, a high powered journalist who introduces him to a life of glitz and glamor.  But the affair however comes with its own grave consequences. Musonda’s career, marriage and life might never be the same again. 

A few weeks after winning the national championship, Musonda’s team is invited to South Africa for a friendly match, up on realizing that Sandra will be covering the event, the two lovers decide to mix a bit of pleasure with business.  But before they could even settle in, Musonda receives an urgent message back home that his daughter was taken ill, he informs Sandra, who throws a tantrums and insists he stays with her until the end of their rendezvous. Sick with worry and not wanting to get in an argument, he leads her to believe that he wasn’t going to go back home but leaves as soon as the match is over.

  At the after party, Sandra finds out that Musonda left without informing her. In anger and frustration, she drinks herself senseless and ends up in bed with a total stranger. The following morning,  feeling cheap and used, she promises herself that she will never put herself in such a situation again and decides to put the whole episode behind her. She goes back home and after a lot of groveling even forgives Musonda.  But just when things were going back to normal she is offered a job in another country and being the ambitious person that she is, she opts to progress her career rather than stay in a relationship with a married man. They part ways.

After Sandra’s departure, Musonda decides to concentrate on his marriage and career. His goal is to prove that he is good enough to play in the national team and his chance comes a few weeks later when recruiters come to watch the players in action.  But just when he is about to make his mark, Musonda faints and wakes up in hospital, the doctor carries out a series of tests to ascertain the cause of his ailment but they all come out negative.  The doctor advises him to take an HIV test and Musonda reluctantly agrees.  The results come out positive.

I am an upcoming writer and I written two novels that are yet to be published. I really hope my book will be able to make a difference in people’s lives, especially those struggling to come to terms with their HIV positive status.  Hence I would like to sincerely thank you for giving me this opportunity to showcase my work. Your consideration will be highly appreciated.

© Copyright 2012 petty (petty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1856434-hook-us