*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847032-Never-again
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest · #1847032
What happens when you feed a squirrel
“I did it once, I‘ll never do it again!!!” exclaimed Marcus. The look on his face was enough to convince me, though I couldn’t stop laughing. Looking around the mess and destruction in the park though conveyed another story. It started innocently enough, with a picnic in the park by the lake.
It was a sunny, perfect summery day. It was a shame to spend it indoors, so we decided to do something nice and outdoorsy like picnic at Sunnyville Park. I packed a big lunch basket and Marcus took care of the drinks. We met there for lunch under a big shady tree with a clean, clear view of the lake.
Marcus was always been an animal lover- big or small. So it was no surprise that when he saw the squirrel he was delighted. He immediately wanted to feed. We picked nuts out of the salad, and offered it to the squirrel. To our delight the squirrel hopped merrily down the tree and came to us. Marcus offered nuts to furry beast and it happily jumped up on his hand and began to eat it. Unfortunately at the same time, the squirrel also noticed something else also on his hand, which is Marcus’s ring. It was a stupid candy ring that he used to wear since forever. It started out a joke, that it was our wedding ring from when we got ‘married’. I had eaten mine when we got ‘divorced’, but Marcus always has hard time letting things go. The squirrel jumped up and bit on the ring, almost bit through Marcus’s finger. He jumped and flung the squirrel off his hand, but the ring was already gone. What happened next was something that I could not have imagined at all. The squirrel started to run away and Marcus started running right after it. Just then a hawk swooped below at the squirrel and caught it in its beak. You would think that would be the end of the matter, but this is where it gets hilarious.
While running after the squirrel, Marcus didn’t pay attention and ran right into the lake which was full of geese. Of course the geese didn’t like the fact that a big lump of a person just ran at them and tried to stomp them. So they retaliate and what a scene was that. It was hilarious to see a grown man running around in the park, trying to get away from mob of angry geese. He finally got rid of them when he jumped on park bench. I finally caught up with him. He was just sitting there shaking his head. “I can’t believe this happened. This way too much nature at one time. I swear I am NEVER going to feed the damn squirrels again. I did it once, I’ll never do it again!” he said. With that our sunny afternoon in the park was over.
© Copyright 2012 NorthernLites (kalyanijog at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1847032-Never-again