*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1846186-DISTORTIONINCLUDED-Into-The-Woods
by M
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1846186
Part 2 of my DISTORTION_INCLUDED series. This, is where the story begins.
To anyone who has recovered my camera: Four days ago from this recording, I was attacked by an "unknown entity". This entity was thought to have been created by someone as a contest submission on an internet forum, so they say it/he whatever is fictional. With a tall, slender body and long tentacles/arms, this photobombing meme soon became known as Slender Man. Now, instead of going and talking about the countless web videos about people being stalked by the Slender Man, I'm going to explain why I am making this audio journal.
First off, my name is Michael Matias Mercer. I am of sixteen years of age. I have one brother, Maxwell Mercer, and one dog named Rake. I am a fan of youtube channels like Marble Hornets, Tribe Twelve, and everyMANHYBRID (hence my dog's name). I live in Max's little appartment next to a fairly large forest. My brother and I explore the forest every now and then, and stay in an old camping cabin somewhere near what we believe to be the forest's center. Anyway, one night Max and I decided to go into the forest and explore at night. We took Rake with us, and a couple of flashlights too. Because I'm a fan of the video channels said earlier, I decided to take a camera andits chest holder. Upon entering the forest, we entered hell.
________________________________________________________

FOOTAGE 1-PLAYBACK-
***DISTORTION INCLUDED***
________________________________________________________

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The first shot was of Max and I opening the door and stepping into the night. From the way Max was shaking, it must have been cold, or I wasn't holding the camera steady. I introduced myself, and Max did his usuall "Don't film me" act. He started to say something else when the camera quality became quite fuzzy and distorted, then cut out. My guess is I turned the camera off to conserve battery.
The next shot looked as if we were a few minutes into the forest because there was nothing but trees and bushes around us. I recognized the lake that could be seen beyond some trees up ahead. Past the lake, and beyond a small man-made bridge was the cabbin we were going to. Without having to watch the next shot, I knew what was about to happen. As if accepting my challenge, the camera footage cut out just like before. The next film segment on the camera still puzzles me to this day. This was the part where we encountered... "it".
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
© Copyright 2012 M (michaelmercer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1846186-DISTORTIONINCLUDED-Into-The-Woods