*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841402-Always-More
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1841402
Searching for more in life.
“In other studies you go as far as others have gone before you, and there is nothing more to know; but in scientific pursuit there is continual food for discovery and wonder.”

-Frankenstein, Mary Shelley.


The above is something that I believe can and should be applied in all aspects of life. After all, it is what we do, it is who we are. Humanity constantly in search of something more. A god, an answer, a light, a friend, a change...

I'm not the best scientist by far. I'm probably not even a good one. But I like it. And it motivates me. That's enough.

In every situation, in every piece of knowledge we hold, there is more to learn, more to see and more to do. That in itself is so simply brilliant.

I think that's what I love about life, sometimes. Because, if you're happy then it is assurance that there is more happiness to find, and if you're unhappy then it is proof of hope.
Despite my absolute hate for hope, I think it is a very human thing. And if that's what keeping you holding on then I am glad that you have something.

In my head I can see a number of ways that the concept briefly explored above can be abused, misinterpreted. My only defence is that there is a wrong time for everything, because nothing applies to everything. Nor will it ever. And if it did, it would be a dull world to leave lead by the vicious dictators.
I do think though that there is a lot of opportunities to apply the above and make it... work. To utilise it in a way that is beneficial and enlightening.
© Copyright 2012 E Simony (edthekid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1841402-Always-More