*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1838534-The-Bond
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #1838534
a short story
         The was cool as night covered the forest in a blanket of shadows.  The full moon shone brightly in the cloudless sky surrounded by a beautiful sea of stars.  The night was mostly silent, but there was the faint sound of beautiful music.  The songs of the Elves.

         The Elves have inhabited these forests for many centuries protecting and nurturing the trees and animals that dwell among the Elves.  The Elves are a peaceful race much like the humans, but their ears are painted at the ends, mostly the same height, graceful appearance, and all in all more beautiful than humans.

         The Elves have been celebrating.  Something amazing has recently transpired.  The Elves have finally made a truce between them and the dragons.  For the past ten centuries the dragons and the elves have been in near constant conflict.  The reasons why the fighting began has been lost in time, forgotten by the hate that stirred inside the early Elves who settled in this forest.  There have been many losses of friends and family on both sides.  Throughout the war there haven been many people who tried to stop the conflict, but to no avail.  Until something wonderful happened.  The Bond.

         The bond is something very special and has never happened before in recorded history.  Two years ago two dragons who were against the war with the Elves were living in a giant cave near the Elves forest.  The female dragon had recently laid an egg.  A dragon egg has one of the most beautiful gem like qualities in all the world.. This one was about the size of a giants fists put together.  it had a wonderful light greenish color with orange vein like streaks circling the inside of the egg.  The mother was almost the size of a small tower, not including when she unfurled her wings which had a span of almost 1000ft.  She lay on the floor of the giant cave coiled around the egg like a snake laying the dust.

         Some trees rustled outside the mouth of the cave and some birds flew away screeching.  The mother dragon lifted her head and started to growl, thinking she could scare whatever it was off.  A small had emerged from the far left side of the open cave, an Elven man.  The mother dragon s\tilted her head in confusion and began to rise standing at about 20 ft.  The Elf fully emerged into view followed by a pregnant female elf.  Both were hungry and Exhausted.  The dragon lowered her head and exhaled the breath she was holding.  The dragon opened her mouth and the air began to vibrate, creating sound waves that rang in the Elves ears.  They heard a soft, concerned voice fill their ears as the air continued to vibrate, "Azrath, Ezra.  You two almost became BBQ.  What were you thinking? Wait, what happened to you? You look horrible."

         "We are sorry, Lilianth.  We didn't mean to startle you. Out home in the forest was burned by some villagers who were enraged by our friendship with you and some of the other dragons who want to stop this war.  We barely escaped and have been running all night." Azrath replied in a deep voice, hoarse from exhaustion.
© Copyright 2012 HellzReaper (hellzreaper23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1838534-The-Bond