*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827831-Charlie-and-Luke
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1827831
a short one shot thingy with a couple of my ocs
Charlie had entered his bedroom after coming back from checking on something. He walked over to his bed and looked down at the sleeping figure of his boyfriend. Charlie couldn't believe that he found happiness in this young man. Well he wasn't that young only about two years younger than Charlie. The young man moved in his sleep giving Charlie a full view of the scar that marred his face. Charlie lightly ran his finger over the scar and thought back to the night he had met this young man. He shook his head trying to get rid of those memories it was just too horrible. The young man opened his eyes and looked into Charlie's he had to remind himself not to flinch away from him. Charlie was a good guy and promised not to hurt him. He sighed silently and Charlie looked at him giving a small smile.

"Did I wake you?" Charlie asked softly, brushing the hair from the younger man's eyes.
The man shook his head. "No. I was awake up when you left the bed. I was just trying to sleep."

"Sorry Luke I forgot." Luke wouldn't sleep alone anymore. At first he wouldn't sleep with anyone cause he thought that everyone would hurt him. He wouldn't sleep at all and that wasn't good seeing as Luke needed to rest in order to heal. He would shy away from anyone that came close but given the condition he was found in it was understandable. Luke moved closer to Charlie and was pulled into a hug moving Luke so his head was resting on Charlie's chest. Charlie started playing with Luke's hair thinking back to when they first met.


Charlie was lying in the hospital after getting into a serious accident. The accident left him unable to see in one eye partially. Charlie had other injuries but none were as serious as his eye. That injury left him unable to continue working as a dragon tamer. He was feeling sorry from himself because he could no loner continue working his dream job. Just as he was wondering how he would tell his parents there was a commotion in the hall right outside his room. Charlie slowly got out of his bed and walked to the door. There in the hallway was madness. Nurses everywhere trying to get everyone back into their rooms, people trying to see what the racket was all about and there in the middle of the hall was a young man. His clothes all tore and dirty much to small for him. Charlie caught a look at his eyes and saw that there was a wild look to them. Charlie looked all over the young man and noticed that there were bruises and cute all over. His hair was matted with dried blood and other things and shaggy. It looked like this man hadn't seen a comb or a bath in years. Charlie overheard one of the nurses telling another one the condition the young man was found in and that his name was Luke. Charlie looked around and saw that all the nurses were busy so he slowly walked over to the young man. Stopping about 15 yards away Charlie knelt down and held out a hand towards the young man. The young man looked at the hand then at Charlie but didn't move only huddled closer into himself. Charlie spoke in a soft voice.

"Hi there. My name is Charlie Adams."

The young man looked at Charlie then at the bandage that was wrapped around his left eye. Slowly Luke touched his own eye and Charlie slowly nodded.

"Yes, I have an owie."

The young msn continued looking at Charlie and slowly a little at a time the young man inched his way to Charlie and touched the bandage on his face. Luke slowly moved his hands all over Charlie's face before a nurse saw them and grabbed Luke around the waist and started hauling him away. Luke started kicking and biting trying to get away from the nurse. Suddenly Charlie stood up.

"Stop! Let go of him he wasn't harming anything." he said angrily. The nurse looked at her supervisor who nodded and the nurse let go of Luke.
Luke ran into a corner of the hallway and huddled into a ball trying to be a small as possible.
"Now everyone back away. Give us some room." Charlie looked around at all the nurses. Much to his surprise everyone obeyed all the patients went back to their rooms and the nurses went back to their duties. Soon the only ones in the hall were Charlie and Luke. Charlie looked back and saw that the young man was once again curled into a ball. Charlie withheld a sigh walked over and knelt down about 15 yards away again. Once again Charlie held out his hand towards Luke. It was several minutes before anyone moved and just as slowly as before. Luke stopped 5 yards in front of Charlie and just looked at him.

"That's it come as close as you want. I won't harm you." Charlie said just as softly as before. Luke looked from Charlie's hand to his face then back down to his hand. Then Luke held out his own palm up next to Charlie's and looked back and front between them.

"Hand." Charlie said softly and Luke looked up at him. Charlie repeated the word again finally after a half an hour Charlie gained enough trust to get the young man into a room. The room that Luke was assigned to was Charlie's which was fine with him. Charlie led the younger man into bathroom and showed Luke how to wash his hand Luke was showed five times before he got brave enough to stick one finger under the water. Charlie gave Luke some clean clothes and then gave some privacy. Luke looked at him weird when Charlie did this but very slowly Luke took off all this clothes and looked at the new ones confused.

"H….he……help?" Luke asked very softly his voice was barely above a whisper and so raw and rough that Charlie knew it must have been from lack of use and screaming. Charlie slowly turned around facing Luke look the clean clothes and helped Luke into them. Once Luke was dress both men walked out of the bathroom into the main room. Charlie told Luke that it was okay to sleep in the bed that he had done good and was a good boy. After several more minutes of convincing Luke finally got into the bed next to Charlie's. Charlie left the light on and climbed into his own bed and was only a few minutes before he was out. Luke waited several more minutes after making sure that Charlie was out before climbing into Charlie's bed.



Charlie softly gave Luke a little hug still playing with his hair. Ever since that night Luke and Charlie have been together since which was really only a couple months ago. Luke wouldn't go anywhere without Charlie by his side. Charlie was fine with that but at the same time didn't Charlie really didn't know much about Luke's past nor did he want to pry Luke's come so far since that night. Luke was listening to Charlie's heartbeat and then did something that both shocked them. Luke moved his head and gently pressed his lips against Charlie's. Charlie blinked then smiled and wrapped Luke into a soft hug it was several minutes before both of them fell asleep both with smiles.
© Copyright 2011 ilovewriting26 (ilovewriting26 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827831-Charlie-and-Luke