*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817835-Personal-moment
by ahunt
Rated: · Draft · Emotional · #1817835
This is a personal and emotional topic for me. The lyrics belong to Blue October!
Today, I was blessed to hear a song.  I was looking for different things on the internet and my attention was instantly grabbed by one of my favorite bands...Blue October.  The video was titled "what if we could".  Thinking that this must be a love song...i decided that I just might be in the mood for something sappy.  I did not know that this song would touch me so much and in such a deep way.

Like many adoptees, I often wonder what my life would be like if my birth parents were still in my life.  Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't change my family for anything!  I just wonder...what if I could?  This is why the song lyrics touched me intimately.

The song states:
"What if we could put our lives on
Hold then meet somewhere inside of
the world
I would meet you
Would you meet me?"

This is something i have always wondered....If my mother was still alive...would she meet me?  Would she drop everything and get to know me?

The song goes on:
"On a park bench
On a skyscrape
On a mountain
Oh yeah, whatever it takes
I would meet you
Would you meet me?"

(This is certainly true of myself....I would go anywhere and whatever to get in touch with my roots and what has made me into me.)

And the part of the song that grabs at my heart. Explanation:  I was seven when my birth mother passed away...i still remember her...not as clearly as i would like...but i do have faint memories.

"I'm glad to say that we've met
But, I'm sad to say that
the circumstances
weren't on our side!"

For the first time I think I really understand that the reason a little Russian orphan girl was adopted....was purely because the circumstances were not on her side! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsYrPtDrX8o&feature=related (THIS IS THE LINK TO THE VIDEO)

© Copyright 2011 ahunt (ahunt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1817835-Personal-moment