*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816053-Date-with-myself
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by I.O.U
Rated: · Other · Other · #1816053
2 sides of me you dont see fighting each other
I fix my shirt for the hundredth time waiting for her to show up. We agreed to meet in a neutrul place a small Japanese place that apparently have great wasabe. I drum my chewed off nails on the shiny table. I tug my ring a nervous habit I've been trying to break. She'll see my shadowed eyes my hair draped around my face my attempt at dressing more elegantly and instantly know I'm nervous, and why shouldn't she? I'm not sure why I agreed to this I know it will be my last stupid. I could get up now and leave but I know I'm to afraid of what she'll do if she has to chase me down. I look at the clock and finally get the courage to stand up I straighten my skirt and try to act casual as I walk toward the door. I'd taken 5 steps before I realized someone was walking in the door, I froze. I was scared to look up from her scarlet polished high heeled feet to her just barley legal skirt to her fantastic shirt that made everything look amazing. I couldnt believe how aware of myself I was. I looked up into her meanicing blue eyes and flinched.
"Ashley where do you think you're going?" she said her name with distaste.
"I - uhm was going to the bathroom?" I sttuttered. Her eyes filled with shame and self loathing.
"Are you really questioning weather or not you can go to the restroom!" it was a statement. "Never mind sit down I want this over with."
I sat like an obedient puppy.
"Ashley when you..." she stopped me.
"Honestly thats a god aweful name I'm going by something much better now."
"What is it?"
"Rainbow Joyless." she said smugly I stared as well as I should that name was famous. "And the best part you have no self worth so no one would think You were me. See how well I've done in this body I've made it famous worthy of love unlike you. What have you done? Nothing that's what."
I tried to talk but she just ignored me.
"The deal was we split for a year see how well we do then the better half, me, gets the control."
I keep trying to talk she continues over me about how well she's done. I see dark hair walk past one of the windows. I feel better already and I smile.
"Shut up Ashley Rainbow whatever your name is!" I hiss at her.
"How dare you talk to me like that I was always the better half!" a new voice enters the conversation.
"Ahh hello ladies am I terribly late?" he grins at me and she stares horror struck.
"No there is no way!" she whispers pleadingly "No its not possible."
Now she looks awful now her make up has run down her face her skirt is trying to hard now without the confidence to go with it and her shirt hangs onto her uncomfortably. She stands in her too high high-heels and almost falls.
"You see, well me, while you were off trying to make the world love you and ignoring yourself I was learning to love myself and accept love from others." I say happily gesturing to the tall dark haired man to my right, he smiles at me.
"Everybody loves me." she says brokenly slumping down into the booth. I lean in and hug her.
"Nobody can love you if you don't love yourself." I whisper softly to her. A single tear rolls down her cheek and hits mine then she is gone.
She lives in all of us our other half our confidence or our doubts we live with them and make them our own.
© Copyright 2011 I.O.U (ashleyhatesluv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816053-Date-with-myself