*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813166-Same-World-Same-Pond-CHAPTER-2
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1813166
Wensen plans to get out of the fishbowl one way or another, and no one can stop him now.


Chapter 2: The Escape Plan


I'm tired of living my life in this dumb plastic goldfish bowl, I need to escape. I can't be trapped up in this plastic death prison. I need freedom. Ever since Delilah, the most perfect fish to ever lay eyes on, left this bowl, things haven't been the same. Delilah was only here for a day, but she still left bubbles on my heart. I want to be with her, her soft gaze on me, her orange colored self brightening my days. I need her. I would give anything, anything at all, to escape this fish bowl. Maybe I'll see what Delilah called a "fair".
No matter what, the "fair" still doesn't top Delilah.
* * * *

I swam back and forth, pacing around my small cage, thinking of a way to get out of here.
Just then, an idea hit me by surprise. I could swim to that place that some of the fish talked about, what was that called again? Oh yes, the ocean! I could swim to the ocean. But how can I swim to the ocean...?
I wonder where the sink could take me. It has water, doesn't it? And my bowl is right next to it. I can escape! I peered down into the sink. I need to escape.
* * * *
The next day, I knew what I was doing. I'm going to push the tank into the sink. I'll go down that little hole, and be off, away from this place. I can't let the creatures see me escaping, so I will escape when they leave.
Something in my heart tells me that leaving this place will change everything.
© Copyright 2011 Fireflies♥ (suntail at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813166-Same-World-Same-Pond-CHAPTER-2