*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813129-Same-World-Same-Pond-CHAPTER-1
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1813129
Wenson was just an ordinary orange goldfish pet, his life laid out for him...until now.


Chapter 1: The Day

My life, was more perfect than anything. It was all laid out, everything, everyday, was the same. I would get my so-called "Tasty Fishy" food, which are just plain orange flakes, the color of me. I would swim in my bowl, my plain empty bowl, full of plastic coral and a turtle like figure holding up a sign that says "Beware Of Shark". I would like to tell these creatures, animals, or whatever they are, that I am NOT a shark...but that would disrupt my everyday doings, wouldn't it?
I like to pretend I'm somewhat "important" (I saw that word in a so-called "book" that one of the creatures left by my bowl). I wonder what it would be like to be able to leave the fish bowl and explore...but that would be too dangerous and risky, I think I'll keep myself here, in this bowl...by myself.
The plastic coral looked glum. All purple and alone, just like me...but I'm orange and not full of bumps. I stared at my reflection, a small quarter-sized fish with fins, gills, two eyes, each on one side of my face, and a heart. Even though you can't see the heart on the outside, you can see it on the inside. I don't know when the creatures look at me what their thoughts are on me are about. Maybe they think I'm gorgeous, or maybe they think I'm talented. Or maybe they think I'm just a "fish".
I wish I could tell these creatures that I'm MUCH more than that. I wish I had someone to talk to...to tell everything I'm thinking about. I wish I could talk to those big weird creatures that gaze at my bowl once a week and feed me. But somehow, someway, God made us fish not be able to talk to creatures, but still talk to other animals. I don't talk at all, because then I'd waste my voice if I really needed it like if someday I got out of this boring plastic cage. I would talk a mile a minute, speaking until my voice box burst, to someone who would actually take the time to talk to me. I would give everything, just to have someone here right now, with me.

* * * *
Just then, one of the littlest creatures of the creature family bursts into the room with a smile running across her face like a marathon.
She giggles and says, "When does we put Miss Fishy with Mr. FishyKinz?"
Then, the father creature, I guess (I can't really tell because my bowl is fogged up), walks over with a small bag, similar to what I came into this bowl with. He opens it, slowly.
"I'm opening the bag right now, Princess. She's going in now." The father said calmly.
Then, all of a sudden, I hear a "plop!"
I look to see the most gorgeous, jaw dropping, eye candying fish you could ever meet. You could tell she was a girl, and she had my heart racing. She looked so delicate, so beautiful and perfect, more perfect than my everyday doings combined. She was just so orange, not ordinary at all, but beautiful. She was unexpected, but she also changed my life.
"Hi," she said shyly, but with the most sweetest sounding voice I ever heard, like an Angel's, "I'm Delilah".
"H-H-H-H-Hi," I stuttered, "I'm Wensen."
I tried to be smooth and calm, but I just couldn't help it, she was drop-dead GORGEOUS! I swam over to her.
"You're beautiful" I said unexpectedly, even my brain didn't know why I said it. Why did I say that?!
"Really? You're so kind" she said softly.
I knew that I hadn't made a mistake and didn't make her first thoughts on me not positive, so I swam even closer.
"So, I guess we are going to be in this fish bowl for a long time, and maybe we can get to know each other..." I said, not finishing.
"Yes, that would be quite swell" she said cheerfully.
"I am Wensen Patrick, my mother did not have a last name, so that is my First and Middle name" I said proudly.
"I am Delilah Marie Ann Ruby" She said smoothly, her r's making a beautiful violin sound.
I smiled and said, "I am from Bark And Meow Pet Store, I was born and raised there but then these creatures took me to their large ginormous fish bowl which looks it's not made out of plastic, but I think it is."
She giggled and said, "I am from The County Fair, your owners won me in a ball throwing contest."
"I never knew what life would be living in a fair, can you tell me some things about the fair?" I asked questionably.
"The fair is a beautiful place where many lights and smells are. I could never escape the tank, but I wish I could have. There's so many creatures there. There was one on these wooden fins or "legs" as the humans say, walking around. It looked cool." She said, her eyes gazing around the foggy tank.
"Well, the sun is setting, which is my time to go to sleep. I'll be getting some rest, but you don't have to..." I said, not finishing, again.
"Okay," She kissed me with her soft fish lips, "Goodnight."
"Goodnight" I whispered, my eyes slowly closing.

* * * *
I woke up, to such horror, I couldn't believe it. I could not find Delilah anywhere.
"Delilah," I called, "Delilah!"
I looked up and felt my heart go down South. She was stomach up, not talking and silent. I felt my stomach feel like the whole fishbowl went on top of me. Her beautiful, dainty self was dead. I couldn't grasp on to what was happening, so I swam as fast as I could into my coral den. I cried until I saw her be taken out of the fishbowl by the father creature, taken out. Taken out of my life. I cried until I finally realized what I couldn't do anymore. I vowed to get out of this fishbowl, one way or another!

© Copyright 2011 Fireflies♥ (suntail at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813129-Same-World-Same-Pond-CHAPTER-1