*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811900-The-Train
Rated: E · Short Story · Satire · #1811900
Short political allegory
The engineer has lost his mind and is taking the train toward a bombed-out bridge over a cliff. He has two hats, a red one and a blue one. When he wears the blue one, half of the passengers scream "That crazy guy in the blue hat is going to kill us all! Quick, get the guy in the red hat to take over, he'll save us!" The engineer hears this and puts on his red hat, which sends the other half of the passengers into a similar panic. "Oh God no, the madman in the red hat is back! We're doomed!"
Meanwhile, a small number of people decide to try pulling the connector between the engine and the cars, and are quickly grabbed by outraged passengers and thrown from the train. They roll to a bruised and bloody stop just in time to watch half the passengers trying to strangle the other half as the train plunges into the chasm.
© Copyright 2011 Casey Ess (caseyess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811900-The-Train