*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810414-Heros-Goodbye
by Emma
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1810414
I wrote this after my poppop died. He is my hero!
Hero's Goodbye

         Cold, wet, water, dripped down my face, hands shaking nervously, sitting in the car staring out the window thinking why? The car pulls up to the front as everyone opens the doors and jets out into the building. Running through the halls, my heart racing and blood pumping through my veins. We walk into the room dead silent and all of us are praying for god to help us. I take one look and drop to my knees, bursting out in tears with my head down to the floor. We said goodbye and left to go to bed and sleep a sleepless night.

         A week later we walk into a cold room with flowers placed everywhere, like their trying to make the place look brighter and happy when it's really dark and gloomy. I sat in that cold hard chair with my eyes staring at my feet. While everyone sits down I stand up, ease my way to the isle, and slowly make my way up to the ulter. Tears fill my eyes that blur my vision as I kneel down and take a deep breath. I sit there for awhile and just stare at the person that I love and will always remember. I placed my finger on his forehead and made a cross. I silently said to myself “I love you” while I stood up, bowed my head, and eyes filled up with tears as we all said goodbye and the lid was closed; on the strongest man I've ever known “goodbye” I whisper.
© Copyright 2011 Emma (tigergirl429 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810414-Heros-Goodbye