*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809102-The-Choices-I-Made
Rated: 18+ · Other · Emotional · #1809102
The book will be about a young woman and how she found herself and love.
         The sun shone through the large bay windows of her bedroom.  I’ll miss her desperately.  At twelve I was sure that I was adopted, how could my family be that weird.  At sixteen I learned that I was merely misplaced in my family tree.  Vincenza was the only person in my family I could actually relate too.  I should have been her daughter or at least sister.  At every family gathering she was who I sought out.  She is ten years older off living her own life and so I have very limited contact with her, but she and I are …the same person.  She promised to keep in touch, even to have us visit some time.  England is so far away, how was that possible. 
“Nancy! Do you need more boxes.”  My mother hollered up the stairs. 
“No, I got enough.”
“Good, we don’t want to forget anything Enza will need.”
         I walked over to the bookshelf.  So many books all shapes, sizes and genres.  Voracious reader.  Me too.  Best way to escape. I picked up the most unusual looking journal.  Show me the world, and I will show you love, deep true and soul consuming.
That’s just what I am looking for.  No one will mind if I just have a quick look. 
***

         I stepped back from the steam table to let Sara through.  Pushed the half door above the back table a crack.
“Chewey, mas mostaccioli por favor.”
“Si, mi amor.”
“Gracias.”
I turned toward the line of customers.  There he was.  He never came in the restaurant before.  It was weird.  We made eye contact.  He has the most amazing blue eyes.  He nodded and I nodded back.  Sebastian was there of course with my best friend, James. 
It is funny that of all people James would be my best friend.  James is average height dark hair and skinny.  He is the best friend a girl can have, that anyone can have.  He would bail you out of any situation, but as far as boyfriends go.  He was a heartbreaker.  He cheated on almost every girlfriend he ever had.  He was definitely perverted and sex crazed, but that never bothered me.  How we became friends?  I really couldn’t tell you.  One day we just were the best of friends.  We hung out at his place almost everyday after school and practically everyday over the summer.  We didn’t do much.  The guys would wrestle and us girls would watch.  Sometimes we’d see movies, or play video games.  It could be boring, but I wouldn’t trade those days for anything in the world.  Those were the days that Sebastian and I became friends. 
         Sebastian was nothing like James, but yet they were best friends.  Sebastian wasn’t sex crazed, but he appreciates the beauty of every girl.  He wasn’t perverted, but sometimes his wit was wet with the possibility.  The moment I met him, I didn’t like him.  He was constantly making fun of me, teasing me and just annoying me.  He wasn’t very cute.  Not that he is ugly, but just not an Adonis or other well-known beautiful man.  Somehow at the end of my freshman year of high school, I fell in love with him.  I didn’t know it was love till it was much too late. 

“Enza!  Hey, Enza!” 
         I was yanked out of my reverie.  He called out to me.  Another attack by Sebastian.  Great!  I am so glad I stuck around for this.
“Yeah!  What can I do for you?”
© Copyright 2011 Ariana Ipswich (ariana441 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1809102-The-Choices-I-Made