*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808699-The-Chronicles-of-Lj-Stevans-Part-7
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1808699
A Chronicle of a folk hero in his world set in a semi blog stlye.
                                                                    Part 7. Light From The Darkness
                                                                                by David VanCura

Dear Friends,

I first want to begin today's post with this. I Knew that probing through the past would be dramatic and emotional for me. In fact it's the entire reason I decided to go public with it aside from strongly feeling the world should know what truly exists out there amongst them. However I never thought I would discover something as what I found today. You see, before I write in these Chronicles I look through my belongings, and what I have acquired over the years to help me decide what is most prominent and pertinent from my travels. I literally dig through the dark recesses that is my past to bring something back into the light for all to discover, as well as for me to relive. That all being said, I never thought I would stumble onto anything close to as life altering as to what I just uncovered.

In a box that I later stole from My families basement and stored away but never could bring my self to open is where I found a book. Pressed between the pages of this book, which was my mothers favorite, her first edition of “The Wandering Man”, A very obscure title by an unknown author some 200 years ago, I found some papers, one of them a letter from my Mother addressed to me. This letter seems to as have been written just hours before her seemingly untimely death. it is written in her hand and dated the same as the day of her murder. To be honest I have a few reservations about sharing this letter with the world, but I will do so. I told you all when I started this that I would not hold back anything relevant to my past and since this obviously qualifies as such I will disclose it to you all. Without further gilding the lily, here we go.

My Dearest L.J.,

This is not the way I wanted to do this but I fear time is short. First I want you to know that I know about your condition, I always have, I knew you would be born this way. All the men in my bloodline are, at least as far back as my Great Great Grandfather. Aside from you, since his time only three other men have been born in my family as odd as that my sound, obviously that is my Great Grandfather, Grandfather and Father. So as unique as you are, through history you are not one of a kind, and if you sire any male children they will be born with your condition as well. You will find that I have only written one letter and that is to you. The reason for that is that you are my only child. You sisters are not my children, they are your Fathers from various past relationships. So any boys born from them will be able to lie and deceive you, it may be important for you to know that.

First, I know that your Uncle Thomas came to you asking about me and I also know that based on the rumors purposely spread to you, you could answer him in only one fashion. You need to know the entire ruse was set up with the purpose of trapping you into your Fathers and the Families grasp. They are planning to have me killed soon. I know that is the plan, they have discovered that I have been working with local and regional Authorities to bring down all the Families operations and I have accepted that death may be the consequence for my actions.

While I have not been as promiscuous as the rumors you heard have indicated I have fallen in love with another, the Officer assigned to my case, and I can only hope that Jack will keep you safe after I am gone. The plan for my murder has changed over the last 24 hours and I know now it will now be your Father who will do the deed, more than likely with the intention of you discovering him and I. He is going to use the event to guilt you into covering for him and making you feel that the Family is the only place you can go. If you do not back him I am not sure what the ramifications for you will be.

I do not know when or if you will discover this letter, but it should reach you shortly after my death as that was the instructions I gave to Jack. If it does not I can only hope Jack will be able to keep you safe, and give you the tools to live your life as you see fit. Jack will never rest until the Family is no more and he may ask you to aid him, if you do or not that is your choice. How you live is completely up to you and that is the only gift I wanted to give you through all this....The choice.....A choice you would not have been granted if I stayed under your fathers rule.

No matter who you have become or when you discover this letter, please know that my death was not your fault and that I love you greatly. And I know you are as smart as I think you are and will see all the upcoming events for what they truly are. Lies and treachery will surround your life within the Family and I am sorry that you may have to live through that, but your Father was not the man he is now when we first met, or at least he did not appear as such. The truth is so hard to see now after all the lies and difficult truths that exist in our lives. I know you can come through all of this and do great things. Your Gift is the truth L.J. And when used properly it is a powerful weapon.

Lastly I need you to know this bit of information about your Father and it will be hard to comprehend. You know strange things exist in the world you and your condition are evidence to that, but there are worse things out there, things much darker in nature and your Father is one such thing. He, along with his Twin Thomas are....... immortal.....in a sense. Only one of them ages at a time, at this point it is hard to tell which of them is aging but I know this is the truth. I know that it happens in 20 year incriminates, and I know there is something out there that allows them to reverse age in some manner. I found journals of your Fathers in our Library hidden away, I have also found sketches of him from over 200 years ago which I have provided you along with this letter as proof to my claims. Look back and I know you will find my them to be true.

I know this all has to seem like a great deal to you (even more so if you are still just a boy when you read this) as I have tried to shield you from the reality of the Families life. Your Father has done this with all his children he feels that if you all are able to grow up in a state of normalcy and gradually be brought into the dealings of the Family, you will be more loyal to him. I just wanted you to grow up in a normal setting and tried to provide that. I feel as I have failed you but I can only hope this letter will shed the light you need to penetrate the darkness of these difficult times, as well as provide the clarity you will need to guide you in the future. I love you my son and always will live in your heart.
Your Loving Mother,
Lauren Janet Stevans.


I truly am not sure of what to make of this letter, I mean Jack asked me if I ever found a book but never told me of what I would discover inside it. This letter is madness, I knew some things about what my Father had planned and who he truly was but …...this......this is just hard for me to grasp.

Father, I now know you are still out there and if so you are reading this somewhere. Know this, you will see me again and you answer for these things I have discovered in this letter. Up till now I have only been a thorn in the Families side. For 40 years I have had questions in need of answering, perhaps now is the time to get them straight from your lips, before I make you feel the ramifications of your treachery. If I have to make my way through the Family to accomplish this.....then so be it.


For all you reading this, I know you must be confused by what you have just read. I know there are amazing things out there, things that defy logic but take it from me they are real. After everything I have seen in my travels I do not doubt what I have just learned. It would also help explain a few things about my self I have wondered over the span of my life. You know now that if I say something then it must be true and I have seen enough in my time to bring credence to these latest discoveries.

As uncertain as the future is I still encourage any of you out there from my past to write in, not just to keep me grounded in this hectic time but also providing me the opportunity to call in some long standing favors. I do not know what will lay ahead, or what path I will now be forced to walk. However, I do know what is at the end of this path, and that soon it will be time to put my Fathers immortality to the test.
                              L.J. Stevans
© Copyright 2011 David VanCura (davidvancura at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808699-The-Chronicles-of-Lj-Stevans-Part-7