*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808589-A-Fairy-Tale
Rated: 18+ · Prose · Entertainment · #1808589
What happens when you do not pay attention
The Errant Knight rode off through the dusk, leaving at last the Enchanted forrest. soon he entered The Kingdom of Doom where all of the comapany drank in a darkened room, among dying fishes, with no last wishes. Whispering in each others ears, it was hours before they noticed the Errant knight was here. Dressed in white satin with ermine trim, how could you possibly not notice him? He sat in a corner with his back to the wall and listened to the sound of a civilization fall, like autumn leaves in a gentle wind.



A woman walked in tall and fair with big brown eyes and golden hair. Dressed in shades of azure blue, the hem of her gown gently skimmed the ground, When the room awoke, the woman spoke, and the very walls they shook with laughter. The Errant Knight knew in his heart that this blue lady must be his forever after. Any thing less would just be a disaster. So he set off to follow her so he could ask her. She made the rounds. She talked with clowns, and the merchants and their wives. She envied them all for their simple lives. Not much more than what she was, but she was one of the Sultan's loves. How she longed to be fancy and free, just one more woman here sipping beer.



The Errant Knight took the Lady Fair and encircled her with his charms. She tried to fight, it was not right, she knew that it was wrong. He let her go, much to his woe, he knew not where she went, but through her friend, he surmised, a message could be sent. "Dear Lady Fair, with the golden hair, I loved your pretty gown. Have no fear. I love you dear , and I will be around. The enchanted forrest is my home. I live there quite alone with the animals that entertain, and help me on my little farm. I won't complain, but I must explain, I would surely love to have you in my arms." signed The Errant Knight.



The Lady Fair received his words, much to her dismay. A charming man no doubt with charming words to say, but charming words could lead a girl astray. To see this man would would only cause a fight, and she would be the looser. The Sultan, If he found out, would surely try to bruise her. This knight must not pursue her.



The Errant Knight saw her and said "I sense your inner turmoil, I just want to take you to bed, it is not your life I plan to spoil. Give me your hand. I will hold it tight, and in a little while, you will see it will be all right. I will even make you smile." The Lady Fair knew she must not dare, but was tempted all the same. " Oh no" she said " really I must go. I will not play. I simply can not stay." Even as she settled down to play, she could be heard mumbling, as she was fumbling.



The moon was high in the mmidnight sky. She let herself look into his eyes. His hand brushed hers so lightly, she answered him just slightly. From their love there was no turning back, nor any sense wishing for what they lacked. The sparks they flew, from where who knew. She was never quite the same, and by the way what was his name. The stars were bright and piercing, his basic words she missed. It was his message of love she was perceiving, without a thought for the Sultan she was deceiving. Lost in his touch, enamored with his kiss. Life could not mean much more than this.



The morning light was harsh and cruel. It showed her for a simple fool. She left before he woke, and not a word was spoke. She had to go back home to face whatever it was alone. For she had known, there was no use in pretending. Not all fairy tales have happy endings.







© Copyright 2011 Celeste Hammell (celeste63 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808589-A-Fairy-Tale