*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807683-Merlins-carpet-catastrophe
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1807683
Merlin has an unexpected adventure
"Oh bother." Merlin sighed as he watched the moths chew through his latest spell book. "I had some really good spells in there." He moaned.

Just then someone knocked at the entrance of his crystal cave. "How did he find this place?" Merlin muttered under his beard. He opened the door with a heavy sigh.

"Hello sir." The man at the door said. "I have the carpet you ordered off ebay."

"Thank you." Merlin said as he took the carpet. " You're welcome." The postman said.

Merlin unrolled the carpet. "Now to perform a spell that the moths didn't eat." He said as he took a scroll out of a bottle. He climbed on to the carpet and waved his wand in an unusual way. Once his wand waving performance was done the carpet blasted off the ground like a rocket leaving a rather large hole in the crystal cave’s roof.

"Well someone's going to have to fix that." Merlin said peering down at the damage of the cave. At that moment Merlin felt clouds touching his head. "Yahoo!" Merlin shouted. But the carpet got slower and slower.

"Oh what now." Merlin grumbled with all the glee draining out of him. Two seconds later something rather peculiar happened. Merlin started to be lifted up off the carpet and began floating strangely around the sky. "Oh bother" Merlin sighed as he floated around. Merlin started 'swimming' around the sky. Then he began pushing the carpet downwards.

After twenty minutes work of pushing, Merlin started plummeting down towards the earth. They landed with a crash on the floor of Merlin's crystal cave. The ground began to shake. The crystal cave rattled for a little while then it collapsed to the ground.

"Oh bother." Merlin sighed.



Daily Flash contest entry. 300 word limit. Word count 293
© Copyright 2011 writosaurus (writosaurus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807683-Merlins-carpet-catastrophe