*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800576-Killing-off-your-friends-Prolouge
Rated: E · Short Story · Death · #1800576
Your friends are being killed 1 by 1
Jack walked home after an average first day of school. Jack Wattson was just your average highschool sophomore: tall, thin, followed the rules. Except 1 detail: his Dad was the founder/CEO of Stop Mart; the largest grocery store chain in the country. There was a Stop Mart in nearly every city in the US. He was a millionaire. Until last week.
He caught the flu. This wouldn't a problem for a normal person. But Jack's father had a medical condition that severely weakened his immune system.
On his deathbed, he managed to tell Jack the simple 4-digit passcode to the company safe. Holding every secret of the company, it was a 4-digit code worth more than the chain itself.
Now Jack was the only Human on Earth that knew the code.
As he walked home, he pondered what he should do. Sell the code? And the company? He couldn't do that. Not for his Farher's sake.
He went to a national press conference, announcing his decision. That's when the threats started.
Most were just simple hate letters except one. "If you dont give me the code, trust me. I will risk lives to get it."
© Copyright 2011 Geoffry the Giraffe (guitarhero502 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800576-Killing-off-your-friends-Prolouge