*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798782-blood-wings
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1798782
simple and direct.
rain fell hard that night. the pain was even worse. i walked along the sidewalk in a crippled daze. the day was harder then i thought it would have been... should have been. the street lights were of no help. split to far apart to really be able to see anything. but i was not alone. she walked behind me. she made no noise as she followed my footsteps. as her emotion swept past me the waves of lust and hunger blew into me like that of a semi truck passing by. she was closer then i thought. i turned towards her direction to see nothing. there was no silhouette nore gleaming eyes.

as i turned to keep walking i ran into what seemed like one of the street lights knocking me down. i peared at the floor seeing no light. looking up to see what i ran into to see the silhouette that i was looking for a moment ago. her eyes were lit with silver. frightened i scurried backward to my feet. as i stood infront of her she seemed so small. not even comeing up to my chin. there was no way she could have knocked me over even if she tried. i stood there for what seemed like a life time. her eyes never left mine. car lights were coming up from behind me. i could see the glare on the trees above us. now was the time to see what she looked like. just a few seconds and this silhouette will be lit up like day. and there she was. her brunette hair fell on her slim shoulders. her eyes seemed like molten silver against her pale face. she put models to shame as she bit her full lips. she wore a fadded light brown lether coat over a plain dark blue shirt. her black jeans formed to her thighs and drapped about her calves. she wore hi-tops. and the car passed taking the light with it. and she was shadowed once agian.

i took a step back watching for her reaction. as i expected she took a step forward closing the gap. i stepped to the left within a moment she stepped in front of me. she was not going to let me leave. i turned towards the road took a step off the sidewalk and sat down on the edge of it. i leaned back on my hands closed me eyes and looked up. the rain fell lightly on my face. then all of a sudden there was no rain falling on my face but wet hair tickled my cheeks. knowing that she was standing over me i opened my eyes to stare at her.

"your pritty close. you ganna kiss me or something?"

"you'd like that wouldnt you? why do you walk this road every night?"

"yay i have a stocker. i like the quiteness but thats changed."

"oh so your a smart ass too."

"your pritty straght forward with your emotions. so pick one. feed that hunger or the lust."

"how did you..."

"pick!"

she stood there over me with a puzzled look on her face. she held herself like an old woman but didnt look a day over twenty. her silver eyes never looked away and rarily blinked. she was giving into the lust. i could feel it as it fell over me. her hand moved to my face. it was cold as ice. "fine" was all she said. she bent down and brushed her lips against mine. i slowly turned and got to my feet. never loosing contact with her lips. i began to tear my coat and shirt off.

"right here? in the street?"

"dont play with me. i cant smell that your not a mortal. and i know you know im not."

"yes but what are you? you dont smell of dog or like me. what are.." as she spoke she draged her hands down my back. feeling the scars on both shoulder blades. "... no you cant be."

"why not? your kind is real. just wait you might like this."

the scars on my shoulders begain to burn and stretch outward. i grabed her small frame as the pain took hold. big dark red wings ripped out of my scars with a grunt of pain. flapping the blood off my feathers i took two steps back to see her face. an amazed look on her blood splattered face. she spoke.

"your eyes are completely black. and your wings are the color of blood..." as she licked her lips i rushed her. holding her i rose my wings. "you cant bit me like this so dont try." as my wings came down we flew of the ground. one beat more and we were well over the trees. on the second beat of my wings we were moving away from the road. the third beat i couldnt see the road just the green of the woods and her hair.
© Copyright 2011 uncle T (toasterboi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798782-blood-wings