*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797059-The-Three-Sisters
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1797059
A short story in poetic sentences that tells of three sisters and their gluttony
The Three Sisters

By C.Sands



Once upon a time there were these three sisters.  They enjoyed each other’s company very much.  They did all the things that sisters would normally do, including meeting very often for lunch.  They weren’t fussy about what type of foods they ate; they piled up practically everything they could on their plates.



They particularly liked the all you can eat buffet, where they ate for hours practically every day.  They loaded up their plates with lots of high fat meats and very rich desert.  They didn’t seem concerned about the added weight the foods would eventually convert.  Their appetites were gigantic, and seemed to have no end; they kept going to the buffet over and over again.



After awhile the three sister’s weight began to noticeably increase.  They grew bigger and bigger, until they were enormous, at the point of being extremely obese.  They grew so big they could barely walk through the door; but still they went back every day for more and more.  Then finally one day the sisters didn’t show up for lunch.  Something had to be wrong, they would never miss an opportunity to crunch and munch.



On that day, the first sister called up the second sister to say: “I need help. I can’t get out of my bed today”.  The second sister responded:  “You think you’ve got troubles, well I’ve got troubles too, I’m stuck here in my chair and I don’t know what to do!”  The third sister called up her older sister to squawk: “I’ve gotten so fat I can barely stand or walk!” 



So one sister grew so big, she couldn’t get out of her bed, another sister couldn’t get out of her chair, and the third sister could barely walk or stand.  Their abilities to move about on their own… it seemed that they could no longer command.  They wouldn’t be meeting anymore at the buffet to eat, as their gluttony ways had come to an end; they simply had no other choice but to retreat. 



As the days moved on into weeks, and the weeks moved on into months, the sisters began to noticeably lose weight.  In fact the foods they used to love and eat at the buffet every day, they eventually grew to hate.  They became more motivated when their weight loss continued to increase; so much so in fact, they managed to make their old ways eventually to completely cease. 



When the three sisters finally reached their ideal weight, a big family celebration was given with lots of music to everyone’s delight.  There was enough diet drinks and sugarless gum for everyone while they rejoiced and danced to the music throughout the night. No thoughts of any of the gory foods or of their old gluttony ways ever came to mind.  They simply wanted to enjoy each other’s company in the new way they learned to dine.



Now the moral of this story is told in two ways.  Be careful of the foods you eat when you visit the all you can eat cafĂ© and the buffets.  Most importantly you should know; if you gorge yourself with unhealthy and un-necessary foods every day, you will most certainly grow and grow.



Word Count:  547

An entry for “Seven Deadly Sins Contest”

     

© Copyright 2011 c.sands (c.sands at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797059-The-Three-Sisters