*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791992-Random
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1791992
Just some random story about an animal running from a giant creature
    He stood, staring over the large pool of water ahead of him. That's when he heard a large crashing sound far behind him. He turned to look and saw that another tree had been knocked down. It was still after him. He made the plunge into the water and began swimming feverishly to the other side. He heard another tree crashing to the ground, it was getting closer. He swam faster, but his tail got caught on something in the water. He began frantically pulling to get it loose as he heard another tree being knocked over. A roar penetrated the forest, a loud, booming roar. It was getting closer. He finally pulled his tail free, and continued to furiously paddle his way to the other side. He was getting close, but so too was the creature. He finally made it to the other side, he began running as soon as his feet could again touch the ground. He felt much heavier, his fur was soaked in water. His once fluffy tail was now logged with water. He continued running, he'd hoped he could make it out of the forest before it could get to him. Was he faster than the creature? Another loud crash resounded throughout the forest as another tree was knocked down, the creature was gaining on him. He tried to run faster, he heard the sound of his paws hitting the ground becoming more frantic and quicker. He saw light permeating through. An exit was near. He kept running, as more trees could be heard getting knocked over by the beast, and it's mortifying roars becoming everso closer. More light. He was getting close to the edge of the dark forest. He felt so close to the end, the adrenaline pumping through his veins as he continued to run. He could now actually feel the foot steps of the creature shaking the ground as it pursued him, he could feel its roars reverberating his rib cage. It suddenly became darker and darker, the creatures hands descended on him until all he could see was pitch black.
Then he jumped out of bed. Thank the Gods, it was only a dream.
© Copyright 2011 Samuel Foxdale (sfoxdale at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1791992-Random