*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790877-United-States-of-America
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by nomad
Rated: · Letter/Memo · Emotional · #1790877
United States of America
The United States of America.

July 4th. 2011


I just finished watching Macy's fireworks display on television and I found myself getting very emotional. Goose bumps surfaced on my skin and shivers went down my spine.
As I listened to the Anthem, I felt so proud to be here and in a small way contributing to the greater good of this wonderful country.
Now the strange thing is, I am not an American. I was born and raised in Ireland.
Why should I be affected like this? It's what the United States stands for that makes it stand out. Freedom, that is the single most important thing she promises us.
I can well imagine the truly deep emotions of those who are blessed to be born in the United States.
The United States of America. The wording, for me says it all.
Forget the Naysayers even though there are many, for that's all that they are. They delight in belittling what they are not and will never be. The envious are just that, envious. Step over them and continue unwaveringly, as they are of no real consequence.

I'll never forget the feelings that swept over me I as I stepped off the Aer Lingus plane at JFK airport in 1990. I knew that I was in the best country in the world.
"Give me your tired and hungry," is what Lady Liberty says. Nowhere else on this planet will you find sentiments like these.
As they say, "God Bless America!"
© Copyright 2011 nomad (nomadiccelt7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1790877-United-States-of-America